Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tieroan

Fairplay EC Unique. I presume it will pay for your new development. It is a good sign of the spirit in the club even if the  seniors are not going well. In Coalisland you might only get half a dozen to sell tickets. Carrickmore have blitzed the county and apparently done well also. They have cleared the clubs £200,000 debt. (I wonder did Dom get any of this?)

feetofflames

I think its now important that Errigal and Carrickmore reiprocate the generosity that has been shown to their people by the people in Tyrone.  I know that there was no escape clubs, pubs and houses were haunted several times.  Was this morally correct?  People in these other areas have trouble running their own clubs.  Well done Carmen and Errigal, but in this case I believed your efforts went too far in terms of fundraising in other clubs catchments.  When thes clubs ask their locals they are doing so on the back of a bleed dry campaign by two of the biggest club memberships in the county.
Chief Wiggum

tieroan

I think it is well known that both these clubs would be top of other clubs, and not only in Tyrones, call list. Both areas sell very very well. Killyclogher sold in Carmen and Loughmacrory a few years ago and took far more out of it than they did in their own parish. If anyone has a problem with buying a ticket then just dont.

orangeman

Was this morally correct?

I'd say they don't really worry about morals after collecting that amount of money !

Aaron Boone

Quote from: EC Unique on March 18, 2008, 09:48:11 AM
Did any of you hear about the Errigal draw? We raised £360000 with a prize fund of £25000. ;D ;D ;D  Biggest by any club in Ireland if Im not mistaken ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Is there still that money in Glenhull from the early 1990's?

orangeman

EC Unique

With the players and management that Errigal Ciaran has supplied Tyrone with I think nobody would begrudge us a good fund raiser. This is what we were being told on the doorsteps. Not many refused when asked and any club that comes selling in Errigal will get excellent treatment. ;)  It is a credit to our club with the amount of work that went into it in just 6 months. ;D

orangeman

It is a credit to our club with the amount of work that went into it in just 6 months

It really is a credit to Errigal - fair play !

orangeman

Anyone hear that Paul Quinn ( Errigal ) collapsed again last night at Tyrone training ? Hope he is ok.

EC Unique

Quote from: orangeman on March 19, 2008, 11:56:43 AM
Anyone hear that Paul Quinn ( Errigal ) collapsed again last night at Tyrone training ? Hope he is ok.

Heard this morning about this. Not sure about how serious it is but I am gutted for Paul as I know how much he wanted to get back to normal and resume his football training. :( Hope it is nothing too bad :-[

orangeman

I sincerely hope he's ok - did he get the all clear from the last time ?

EC Unique

I don't really want to discuss any more about it until I hear what has happened him this time and respect his privacy. Im sure you understand. :-\

orangeman

Certainly ! No problem - again I hope all is ok.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Just heard that John Brennan is the new Kildress manager. Has Mark Conway anything to do with that appointment?

orangeman