Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmen Stateside

Would have thought Dromore would have started as favourites especially after their great run in Ulster.  I guess the bookies know something we dont  ;)

Zapatista

I don't know. Back to back Championships for first time winners will be more difficult. While Dromore are in a strong position Carrickmore are Championship experts and don't go very many years without one. Statistically Carrickmore would look best for Championship 08.

feetofflames

I think if Carmen have these two new intercounty players and they are by still rumours then it certainly could be the beginning of a dark new chapter in Tyrone football. I wouldnt imagine they'll be selling any tickets for the nally stand around the wee clubs from where these players were 'encouraged' to leave if the story stands up.  I can only see these problems increasing year by year, forget about pay for play.  This if it increases will be the real enemy of the GAA, with the big clubs thieving the smaller clubs talent.   
Chief Wiggum

clarshack

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on February 12, 2008, 10:42:05 PM
Quote from: tieroan on February 12, 2008, 10:09:36 AM
Is there any milage on the story that Penrose has requested a transfer to Carmen? I heard it a few times over the weekend

This is quite a shock :o :o First i heard of it, not that I hear much over here.  Would be some addition, Mc keever and him both. Has Mc Keever transfered yet?

which mckeever? surely not one of those pleasant guys from armagh ciaran or paddy.

tieroan

Both McKeever and Penrose are living in Carmen with their other halves. According to my source in the mountains McKeevers deal is done and dusted, but no one seems to have heard anything about young Penrose. Travelling to Agyharan for training a couple of nights a weeks would try anyone right enough. Would not be surprised if it was true.
I would also doubt if there is any money involved just logistical reason. McKeever is from somewhere in Derry. He played for Derry in last years all Ireland series

M.Schofield

Martin Penrose regularly Stays with his girlfriend who lives in around Omagh somewhere. i do not see the grounds that could be used to secure a transfer to Carrickmore just yet.

tieroan

If this is the arrangement then Carmen can not be let have their way. I heard he was living in his girlfriend house in Carmen though. Anyone know for definite

feetofflames

I think the transfers from now on need to watched closely.
Chief Wiggum

EC Unique

Cross have poached alot of players from surrounding clubs in Armagh and look at the state of club football there now!  :oWe need to be carefull not to let Tyrone go the same way. :(

Zapatista

Can anyone confirm this before a mob descends on Carrickmore with their torches and hypnotic chants?

midnightcaller

Quote from: tieroan on February 13, 2008, 10:57:07 AM
If this is the arrangement then Carmen can not be let have their way. I heard he was living in his girlfriend house in Carmen though. Anyone know for definite

Is this another Anti Carmen conspiracy? Are you boys taking up where my good friend Kiddo left off? Look Penrose shall not be joining Carmen- End of Story. McKeever has requested a transfer from Dungiven as he is living in Carrickmore, so it makes perfect sense if thats what the man wants to do.

feetofflames

Listenn midnight caller, It appears Carmen might have a bit of form on this.  Can you remember the year they signed Dinky Mc Bride of a free transfer fromOmagh.  :D
Chief Wiggum

KIDDO

Maybe they may even get Domnic Corrigan to continue on in a  consultative basis to get the ONeill cup home again , let them  sign who would they want , have they  no belief in the players within the club who helped secure the minor and u21 double in 2004 , along with their senior title victory.

midnightcaller

Kiddo i think your gonna really miss Dominic Corrigan? I know you secretively have a thing for him!I would nearly bet that you'll travel a few miles up the road to Enniskillen to keep an eye on him with the Gaels. You have to move on Kiddo... and did Dromore not take Raymond Gallagher on board there setup last year?
As for everyone else slating Carrickmore and certain players joining their ranks. It must mean that Carrickmore is a club which is moving in the right direction and where footballers would like to be part of. If you would concentrate on your own clubs to help them to be as successful instead of slating Carmen every chance you get. But i suppose then yous wouldn't have anything to talk about if there wasn't any goings on at Pairc Colmcille. McKeever has requested to join Carrickmore as he is going with a girl from the area, he has a child to her and therefore he is living in Carrickmore. It only stands to sense.. and I would be very very surprised if Penrose requested a transfer to Carrickmore.

goal and a point

suppose at least mckeever has gorunds to transfer if he is living in the parish unlike ray gallagher