Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DownFanatic

Down brought in a Division 4 split last year and it works brilliantly. 12 teams in the division. Everyone plays each other once. Then the top 6 play each in 4A and bottom 6 play each other in 4B. Points carry over in 4A with top two promoted. No points carryover in 4B with the top 2 in it playing for the 4B title.

uptheblues

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on May 13, 2024, 10:53:32 AM
Quote from: ClubScene13 on May 10, 2024, 11:28:56 PMKillyman beaten by Donaghmore Thirds which is the only game they won in 2023 (Donaghmore III lost every game last year).

Things must be getting really dicey for them lately, your heart would go out to anyone trying to keep the thing going with the amount of lads moving away at the minute. Must be trojan work.

Definite split in division 3 as many men have mentioned on here, Raymond Monteith mentioned it at county convention a few months ago. You could see there being a 3A and 3B in the near future the way things are going, the gap between the junior contenders and the bottom is widening every year.
This is passed and will come into effect in 2025. Will also encourage more development teams. A positive move for the club scene as Junior football as it stands is dying a death with the big difference top and bottom.

Don't know how it's passed. A change like that would have to be voted by clubs and clubs notified well in advance if mid table clubs want to push on instead of downing tools for championship after a few league defeats.

GlenMan

Quote from: uptheblues on May 13, 2024, 03:02:43 PM
Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on May 13, 2024, 10:53:32 AM
Quote from: ClubScene13 on May 10, 2024, 11:28:56 PMKillyman beaten by Donaghmore Thirds which is the only game they won in 2023 (Donaghmore III lost every game last year).

Things must be getting really dicey for them lately, your heart would go out to anyone trying to keep the thing going with the amount of lads moving away at the minute. Must be trojan work.

Definite split in division 3 as many men have mentioned on here, Raymond Monteith mentioned it at county convention a few months ago. You could see there being a 3A and 3B in the near future the way things are going, the gap between the junior contenders and the bottom is widening every year.
This is passed and will come into effect in 2025. Will also encourage more development teams. A positive move for the club scene as Junior football as it stands is dying a death with the big difference top and bottom.

Don't know how it's passed. A change like that would have to be voted by clubs and clubs notified well in advance if mid table clubs want to push on instead of downing tools for championship after a few league defeats.

It looks like it was in the regulations that were sent to all clubs a few months ago. They would've been voted on by club delegates at county committee to so were essentially 'passed' by clubs. Been plenty of discussion around it so clubs have had plenty of notice

Mikhailov

Crazy decision by the ccc last night to delay the leagues. The poor club player is getting shafted all the time

GaaGPT

Quote from: Mikhailov on May 17, 2024, 08:20:23 AMCrazy decision by the ccc last night to delay the leagues. The poor club player is getting shafted all the time
Only division 1 or division 2 also?

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: GaaGPT on May 17, 2024, 08:41:57 AM
Quote from: Mikhailov on May 17, 2024, 08:20:23 AMCrazy decision by the ccc last night to delay the leagues. The poor club player is getting shafted all the time
Division 1.
Complaints coming in about Eglish and Donaghmore being starred fixtures despite them having no county men anymore as McGleenan, Cush and Quinn have left the panel. Killyclogher also might become an issue if some of their U20s are called up after Sunday's final.

Mikhailov

Not the first time players have left the panel (I hear it is a total of 6) but the first time we have had a delay and rejig of the fixtures - setting a bad example.

This will open a can of worms now every time a team feels aggrieved

This event of players leaving county has been a regular occurrence over the years - loads of players have left after the fixtures were released

What happens now if a player leaves the county squad in a fortnight's time?

square_ball

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on May 17, 2024, 09:33:39 AM
Quote from: GaaGPT on May 17, 2024, 08:41:57 AM
Division 1.
Complaints coming in about Eglish and Donaghmore being starred fixtures despite them having no county men anymore as McGleenan, Cush and Quinn have left the panel. Killyclogher also might become an issue if some of their U20s are called up after Sunday's final.

Other than maybe with the goalkeeper situation, I really don't see the benefits of calling in any u20s at this stage of the senior season. They done the same with the 2022 winning team when they called a few up and only in pure desperation against Armagh that year, Canavan and McGleenan got a few minutes.

RedHand88

It's June in 2 weeks ffs. Why was it even left this late to begin with? Derry have their 6th found of club fixtures this weekend and have played more county games than us this year!

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: RedHand88 on May 17, 2024, 10:21:34 AMIt's June in 2 weeks ffs. Why was it even left this late to begin with? Derry have their 6th found of club fixtures this weekend and have played more county games than us this year!
Don't be ridiculous. The May start has been the best thing Tyrone GAA have done in the last decade. The season has ran brilliantly the last two years with the Friday games and the May start date. League played through the best months of the year. Unfortunate change for Senior clubs having to wait an extra week this year but give me the current structure and calendar over a March/April start and lengthy gaps throughout the season.

Rebel84

If it's only one more week until it's all sorted then that's acceptable. The likes of Donaghmore should not get to benefit with the starred fixtures over other teams.

WeGoAgain

Games could have still started next week. Round 3 had Donaghmore and Eglish playing each other. Why not make that the first round and redraw the remaining fixtures if that is the approach they are going with.

I also don't understand why it is such an issue this year that fixtures have to be redrawn. Cormac Munroe left the Tyrone panel last year once the league had started. There are probably others from last year as well which I can't remember as well. I can remember Clonoe once had 3 players leave the panel and there wasn't redraw of fixtures - so why is it a big issue this year?

GlenMan

Quote from: WeGoAgain on May 17, 2024, 11:02:32 AMGames could have still started next week. Round 3 had Donaghmore and Eglish playing each other. Why not make that the first round and redraw the remaining fixtures if that is the approach they are going with.

I also don't understand why it is such an issue this year that fixtures have to be redrawn. Cormac Munroe left the Tyrone panel last year once the league had started. There are probably others from last year as well which I can't remember as well. I can remember Clonoe once had 3 players leave the panel and there wasn't redraw of fixtures - so why is it a big issue this year?

The fixtures definitely were redone when those Clonoe players left

Maybe the best thing going forward is just leaving publishing fixtures until a week or so before the start date?

WeGoAgain

Quote from: GlenMan on May 17, 2024, 11:21:58 AM
Quote from: WeGoAgain on May 17, 2024, 11:02:32 AMGames could have still started next week. Round 3 had Donaghmore and Eglish playing each other. Why not make that the first round and redraw the remaining fixtures if that is the approach they are going with.

The fixtures definitely were redone when those Clonoe players left

Maybe the best thing going forward is just leaving publishing fixtures until a week or so before the start date?

I stand corrected

RedHand88

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on May 17, 2024, 10:28:17 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on May 17, 2024, 10:21:34 AMIt's June in 2 weeks ffs. Why was it even left this late to begin with? Derry have their 6th found of club fixtures this weekend and have played more county games than us this year!
Don't be ridiculous. The May start has been the best thing Tyrone GAA have done in the last decade. The season has ran brilliantly the last two years with the Friday games and the May start date. League played through the best months of the year. Unfortunate change for Senior clubs having to wait an extra week this year but give me the current structure and calendar over a March/April start and lengthy gaps throughout the season.

Aye agree on the Friday nights, but last year club football went on to October, with training from January. So it's still taking up the most of the year.