Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Any word of when the league is starting ? Will championship be starting May as usual ? Or will it be later now that there are 16 team chapionships ?

loughshore lad

With pre season just around the corner have many clubs sorted out management yet?

I will set the ball rolling with what I hear on the grapevine round the loughshore:
Ardboe - Malachy Coyle
Moortown - Unconfirmed interviewed Padraig O'Kane and some man Hughes who was involved in Armagh minor set up
Derrylaughin - Unconfirmed, Chris Brown apparently interested although he has been linked with Galbally as well
Brocagh - Declan McGeehan

tyrone86

Quote from: loughshore lad on January 08, 2008, 12:44:55 PM
With pre season just around the corner have many clubs sorted out management yet?

I will set the ball rolling with what I hear on the grapevine round the loughshore:
Ardboe - Malachy Coyle
Moortown - Unconfirmed interviewed Padraig O'Kane and some man Hughes who was involved in Armagh minor set up
Derrylaughin - Unconfirmed, Chris Brown apparently interested although he has been linked with Galbally as well
Brocagh - Declan McGeehan

Brendan Hughes has taken over from Ciaran McLaughlin at Clann na Gael apparently. I heard he was teaching somewhere about Derry.

Goats Do Shave

I believe Moy have confirmed Mattie McGleenan.

ziggysego

I'm looking forward to the Greencastle v Rock game this year  ;D
Testing Accessibility

loughshore lad

Quote from: ziggysego on January 08, 2008, 02:04:45 PM
I'm looking forward to the Greencastle v Rock game this year  ;D

Why so Ziggy? Is Sean Teague still in charge of the castle?

ziggysego

Potentially two All-Ireland winning clubs playing against each other ;)

EDIT: Yes, Sean's still with Greencastle.
Testing Accessibility

goal and a point

Clogher - Paddy LInden
Eskra - Barry McNeillis and Eamon Kavangh
Augher - Gerard Moane

EC Unique

Errigal Thirds - Stevie Quinn (from Errigal, Tyrone youth coach) :)

Trueblue

Tony Collins is back with killyclogher. Any word on when the leagues are due to start. I see a fair number of clubs have started pre-season training.

tyrone86

Heard a few weeks ago from a decent source that Palor McNulty and Barry Grimes are taking Beragh for the incoming year.

clarshack

is there an ulster club league this year? that could be a factor in when the All County Leagues start. If not then there doesnt appear to be any NFL fixtures on Sunday 23rd March so that well be the date when the leagues start.

tyrone86

Quote from: clarshack on January 08, 2008, 04:55:17 PM
is there an ulster club league this year? that could be a factor in when the All County Leagues start. If not then there doesnt appear to be any NFL fixtures on Sunday 23rd March so that well be the date when the leagues start.

Probably because it's Easter Sunday

Doire abú

NFL games are usually played on Easter Sunday though.

tyrone86

No sur they aren't, last year was the first that I can remember in quite a few years and Central Council received several objections, in particular from the occupied counties