Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone11234

All mcconnell does is slabber crap in a few interviews after games and charge people a fortune for club games

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 16, 2021, 01:56:36 PM
Well at least Florida is paid for

Croke Park pays for the All Ireland winners holiday AFAIK.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: the_daddy on November 17, 2021, 10:07:57 AM
Quote from: Christmas Lights on November 17, 2021, 09:25:43 AM

€45000 contribution according to this
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/omagh-set-the-wheels-in-motion-as-they-seek-to-make-ends-meet-1.4730538

That would be a contribution. If you have a playing panel of say 36 (include partners that's 72) before taking into account backroom teams and associations. I'd imagine €45,000 wouldn't touch the sides of a trip to Florida. Perhaps take them to Bundoran for a weekend. I've heard those not able to travel will be recompensed £5,000 in lieu of the holiday. although I have no evidence to back that up. (Hearsay)

These lads delivered for the county, what a year we had. I would never begrudge them a well earned holiday but I'd be interested in the total cost.
Living the dream!!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on November 17, 2021, 10:32:07 AM
Quote from: the_daddy on November 17, 2021, 10:07:57 AM
Quote from: Christmas Lights on November 17, 2021, 09:25:43 AM

€45000 contribution according to this
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/omagh-set-the-wheels-in-motion-as-they-seek-to-make-ends-meet-1.4730538

That would be a contribution. If you have a playing panel of say 36 (include partners that's 72) before taking into account backroom teams and associations. I'd imagine €45,000 wouldn't touch the sides of a trip to Florida. Perhaps take them to Bundoran for a weekend. I've heard those not able to travel will be recompensed £5,000 in lieu of the holiday. although I have no evidence to back that up. (Hearsay)

These lads delivered for the county, what a year we had. I would never begrudge them a well earned holiday but I'd be interested in the total cost.

Been to Florida a few times with the family, I'd say those three times would cost a family of 4 easily £45,000 grand, but some amount of money spent
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Jeremiah O on November 16, 2021, 09:30:37 PM
Has the price of a nutty Krust went up much since last year's county final?

Yis may go low carb if yis wanna watch any fitba next year

scout

How will our x3 clubs fare in Ulster? Cookstown have a very tough fixture, away to the Monaghan champs.

Whats the story with the league format next year. is it staying 1,2,3 or is it going to the previously discussed format of 4 divisions?

kickitin

Quote from: scout on November 17, 2021, 12:51:56 PM
How will our x3 clubs fare in Ulster? Cookstown have a very tough fixture, away to the Monaghan champs.

dromore might fancy themselves to get to the final, best chance i'd say tyrone winners could have hoped for, playing fermanagh champs and then creggan/clann eireann in semi's

definitely on the "easier" side of the draw although there's no easy games, avoiding scotstown glen and kilcoo on a potential path to the final, and then anything can happen on the day .....

WT4E

Will Moortown have sobered up for their Semi?

kickitin

Quote from: WT4E on November 17, 2021, 03:20:53 PM
Will Moortown have sobered up for their Semi?

moortown game is further away than dromores

dromore still on the rip

moortown finished yesterday

they should both continue on the rip till this weekend. 2 weeks then before their respective games.

smort

I hope Moortown go far, they have been very impressive in the 2nd half of the season, but I do feel that the standard of intermediate football in Tyrone is lower this year than in previous years due to no relegation last season. Will be interesting to see how they fair in Ulster now

GlenMan

Quote from: smort on November 17, 2021, 03:45:15 PM
I hope Moortown go far, they have been very impressive in the 2nd half of the season, but I do feel that the standard of intermediate football in Tyrone is lower this year than in previous years due to no relegation last season. Will be interesting to see how they fair in Ulster now

I'd also say that this year was much more reflective of the actual level Intermediate teams are at - in a good way. Without any of the yo-yo 'Senior' quality teams, the competition was more balanced than previous years. No Edendork or Galbally to dominate the league/championship.

Ancharraig123

Moortown are a good young side however I think division 1 next year will be too much for them

Tyrdub

Quote from: scout on November 17, 2021, 12:51:56 PM

Only 3??? Do the Tyrone hurling teams not count?

clarshack

Leinster Club SFC 1st Round games being shown on BeoSport this weekend for only £6.71 (€8).