Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapatista

A lot of this is making me laugh. Dromore hammered coalisland in the Final and all we heard was "ah sure Coalisland didn't turn up, they thought they had it won blah blah". Then it was "ah Dromore missed their chance, Mayobridge will give them a lesson in the replay blah blah". Then it was "well done Dromore but there is no chance against Cross, Cross wil win by XXpoints blah blah". Then "Cross didn't get out of second gear and made Dromore look good blah blah. Now it's "EC are not training and missing loads of players and are blah blah".

What do Dromore have to do to get a bit of credit?

rrhf

Orangeman Id say they could be well staisfied with a season of unspectacular progress.  With the retirement of 2 stalwarts from preious years staying in Division 1 football was the main albeit  a lowly target.  They punched above their weight in the championship eliminating one of the "big 2" and defeating the conquerers of the other,  and possibly could have made the championship final.  As for management Ive no direct knowledge on their wishes but I have thought that Big Joe might take it for anothr year. He was on Bartons backrom staff allrght.
My arguements were that this Dromore teaa has not been given the same credit for winning the championship that a big 2 success would have done.  And I believe this Dromore team will win an Ulster club in a couple of years.

rrhf

Wee Roddy.  No I thik its being disrespectful to the great Carmen footballers over the last 16 years who carried the club and have now retired.   I believe that these young footballers must establish their own reputation and earn that right themselves.  When was the last time Carmen won anything of note? Whay should the county champions or indeed any big 4 team fear them?

ziggysego

Congratulations to the Rock for winning the Ulster Club Championship yesterday. Good luck now in the All-Ireland Club semi-final and hopefully we'll see youses in Croke Park next March.

I agree with Zapatista, Dromore are not getting the credit they deserve this year. Tyrone County Champions and in the League Final. Dromore get my full respect, as they have played some fantastic football this year. I just hope they get the chance to silence the critics next year again.
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

RRHF - I honestly thought that you migt have beat Coalisland and definitely had the beating of them in the first half - the wheels came off the in the 2nd ok -

Dromore I think are great champions and they proved that in the Ulster club - but I think Carmen are no bad side - they've been unbeaten since Clonoe - quite a feat !

Wee Roddy

rrhf, retirements? The only players who have been playing regularly since 2003 who have retired are Brain Gormley and Ronan McGarrity. You would swear that there has been a catologue of changes. By my estimation the team going out on Friday night will have will have 45 championship medals on its ranks with 10 of the team under 25

rrhf

Mc callan and chunky amongs othes dug that team out more than once from memory too.  I suppose it boils down to the question when does one era finish and another begin.  As for Carmen this weekend could indcate how tough it wil be for Dromore to hold onto their crown next year.  ForCarmen to go two full seasons without silverware would feel like a famine.  Thats because they have been the very best and are the strongest club in Tyrone.   

Skra-Man

is it just me or is anybody else really fed up with errigal thinking they have a divine right to be still known as the big two. Tey ar done, the youth coming through are just not good enough, get over stop making excuses, and do your talking on the pitch. Also if errigal had of had an under 21 match on the saturday yous too would have gotten it off, so stop crying about it. Errigal are no longer a team to be feared! i would probably rate them as the fith best team in Tyrone now after Carmen, Dromore Coalisland, and Donaghmore. Errigal are done!
An Eascair Cumann Eimead

Zapatista

To be honest I'm sick of this 'big two and big three' crap. It's all you hear nowadays. It's all bullshit. Some bollix said it one day and now it's a out of controll. It reminds me of this shit about a 'playmaker'. BrianMcGuigan is Tyrones playmaker and what are Tyrone going to do without their 'playmakr'? f**k that! What is a playmaker anyway? We are all playmaker this and Big three that and I'm sick of this Pun shit!

new devil

orangeman

Is Brian Mc Guigan not a good playmaker ?

Trueblue

Zapatista. Those phrases all belong to English sports. Its the youth of today and their sky sports mentality. Mickey Harte has also been influenced, talking about "game time" which is a real rubgy phrase. Bring back the good old days with phrases like "drive 'er in long" and "thon hallion in full back is a pure gulpin" and if someone said they were injured, you would ask them what they broke.

Zapatista

Quote from: orangeman on November 26, 2007, 05:11:51 PM
Is Brian Mc Guigan not a good playmaker ?

I don't know. He is certainly a good footballer. I don't even know what a playmaker is.

orangeman

Zapatista