Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KIDDO

Would the league semi  final taking place this afternoon , not be the reason the u21 cash was not played.

hoopsaaa

Sorry Kiddo - never thought. You's have had a busy weekend :)

orangeman

I thought there were no postponements ?? But then again.... it all depends .......  :D

Zapatista

Dromore 1-7

EC         0-3

Half time

Zapatista

Dromore 1-13
EC          0-4

Well done Dromore. Will the Final be next week?

tyroneboi

Zapatista

Rock won, I can't remeber score but they won well.

Well done Rock goodluck in repersenting Ulster.

midnightcaller

Think the final is being played Friday night under lights in Healy Park, Omagh at 7.30.

Poor showing from Errigal today? Anybody at it? Dromore must have been impressive... might be to strong for Carmen in the final.

Redhandfan

Quote from: midnightcaller on November 25, 2007, 05:23:39 PM
Think the final is being played Friday night under lights in Healy Park, Omagh at 7.30.

Poor showing from Errigal today? Anybody at it? Dromore must have been impressive... might be to strong for Carmen in the final.

It was men against boys at Augher today.  Dromore gave another masterclass performance against a youthful looking Errigal Ciaran side who were out of their depth for most of this match.  Although it took Noel McGinn's men a while to get going in the first half, they slowly warmed to the challenge and handed their young Errigal opponents a very harsh lesson.  Even without Colm McCullagh, Dromore were rampant for long periods.  McCarron and McMenamin were once again outstanding at the heart of the Dromore defence while Garry and Collins ruled supreme at midfield.  The Dromore attack - with McCusker pulling the strings from CHF - eventually cut loose, kicking some terrific scores from play and placed kicks.

Errigal sorely missed the experience of Enda and Cormac McGinley.  Their young team made a promising enough start but soon fell behind to a much slicker and more physically imposing Dromore outfit.  Only Ronan McCrory posed any kind of attacking threat - he kicked all three of their points in the first half, each one a gem.  Errigal suffered a major blow right on the stroke of half-time when they conceded a penalty.  Trailing 0-3 to 1-7 at the break, they never looked as if they would ever close the gap in the second half.  Errigal's only score in the second half came from a free and they were completely over-run during the course of the final thirty minutes.

Noel McGinn brought a number of his key players off towards the end....he was no doubt already looking ahead to this Friday night's tasty league final against Carrickmore at Omagh.  A number of the Carmen players were in attendance today and they will know they have a huge job on their hands to beat this high flying Dromore side.  It should be a cracking match under lights and, having watched both Division 1 semi-finals recently, my money is on Dromore to complete the league and championship double.  The St Dympna's continue to impress me each time I watch them play and they could yet prove to be one of the best teams to come out of Tyrone in quite a while.  Carrickmore, I feel, are the only side capable of toppling them in the next 12 months.

Redhandfan

The curtain-raiser at Augher today proved to be a much more entertaining affair with Carrickmore and Errigal Ciaran ladies serving up a real thriller in their Division 1 league title shoot-out!  There was nothing to separate these two great sides at the break but it was a very determined Carmen who just shaded the second half to win on a scoreline of 3-6 to 1-10.  Championship winners Errigal enjoyed plenty of possession but found the Carmen defence hard to break down.  Lynette Hughes was magnificent at the back for Carmen who exacted some measure of revenge for their one point defeat at the hands of Errigal in this year's championship.  A great game and one which attracted another large attendance.  There is no doubt that this particular pairing is turning to out be one of the biggest rivalries in Tyrone football.

Quote from: Zapatista on November 25, 2007, 05:21:10 PM
Rock won, I can't remeber score but they won well.

Well done Rock goodluck in repersenting Ulster.

The result called out at Augher today was Rock 2-8 Aughnamullen 2-6.
It received a warm round of applause from everyone in attendance.
Well done Rock....it would be great to see them emulating Greencastle's All-Ireland winning achievements.

redcard

Well done to the Rock today. A deserved win but they did make it hard work for themselves. Both sides started off nervously but with Rocks defence was supreme. they opened up a 0-4 to no score lead. Some missed chances later (going for goal instead of points) the halftime score was 0-5 to 0-1. The second half saw their opposition Aughnamullen start brightly and they soon manufactured a goal. Rock responded in time with two goals only for Aughnamullen to reply with a goal to reduce the deficit to two points. On one occasion the deficit was reduced to one point but Rock with young Girvan (Tyrone Minor captain) in determined mood held on to win by two points. McCreesh as usual contributed handsomely to the Rock total. A good performance by the Tyrone champions. Good to see Pat Darcy there to see them lifting the trophy. 

orangeman

Dromore can do no wrong - they'll be a huge force again next year - one poster described it as men against boys - the tide has well and truly turned in Dromore's favour - it will be interesting to see the outcome of the league final.

loughshore lad

I think yesterdays display by Cross has probably put how good Dromore actually are and the improvement they have made this season into context. Dromore pushed Cross to the pin of their collar and gave them a harder game than the much vaunted St Galls.

Wee Roddy

Now how could Carmen expect to beat Dromore on yesterdays performance. Sure our boys have not even been training properly since they were out of the championship in May. How would they have hunger!

ballygawleyman

remeber dromore beat an average errigal team yesterday who had 2 starting defenders and 3 starting forwards. smoke that in your pipe. cross werent good against dromore, every team has a bad day. all this talk of dromore makes me laugh. hard luck errigal ladies, you were outclassed by a good carmen outfit led by lynette hughes, theres tyrones new full back and the answer to  staunton.