Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

FOSB - Ziggy - this could add a wee bit of spice ( if any were needed ) !

Fear ón Srath Bán

Should be a good, hard but fair encounter, orangeman -- a healthy mutual respect there. Won't make it myself, feck it anyway, but I'd be hopeful that if our lads can rise to something like the performance of last weekend it just might be enough to shade it*.

*Oh! And I think Drumquin folk are just the best people in all the world!  ;D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Norf Tyrone

As a North Tyrone man, I'd love it if both Urney AND Strabane could stay up, but alas that'll not be the case. At least we will have ANOTHER big derby next year.

As for the Teamtalk awards, personally the best players I seen in div 3 have all ben nominated which is good, Terry McKenna, Martin Rodgers, Stephen Mullan and Aidan Girvan. The other player which could've made it was Dan Boyle from Beragh.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Fear ón Srath Bán

Indeed Norf, but don't write Augher off completely yet, should Sigersons and Urney both bomb and Augher prevail... you might have two additional hard-fought local derby games next season!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Puckoon

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on November 08, 2007, 09:16:05 PM
Should be a good, hard but fair encounter, orangeman -- a healthy mutual respect there. Won't make it myself, feck it anyway, but I'd be hopeful that if our lads can rise to something like the performance of last weekend it just might be enough to shade it*.

*Oh! And I think Drumquin folk are just the best people in all the world!  ;D

We are.

snappiered

Well lads any of yous for our game tommorrow in Galbally. Be very tough for us.

orangeman

The playoffs will be very exciting games - there should be a decent crowd - but a double header on Sunday in Carrickmore would have been nice and there would have been a bumper crowd.

ballygawleyman

exciting enought but cant believe there are reserve games same time as the divison 1 semi final. ive a hunch carmen will take this 1, they are too experienced and their defence is too good.

loughshore lad

Carrickmore will beat Coalisland I would thhink also.

goal and a point

looking at some of the nominees - Rock - if you asked any player who was there best player - they would say their midfielder John Mullan. Beragh players wouldnt rate Terry McKenna as in there top 2 players - reputatuions over the years seem to supercede current performances. Eglish players wouldnt believe Brendy Donnelly was in there top 3. Was daisy Errigal best player.

ballygawleyman

daisy probably would have been errigal best player, ronie mccrory would be up there too which im surprised he was omitted. ciaran mcginley and davey harte did produce solid displays. i feel  mark loughran should also have been in the running. who is up for the young awards? im sure brian horisk and the two younger mccrorys are bound to be somewhere in the nominations. the ladies are a bit strange, there all county players.

Deal_Me_In

As regards the Beragh nominees, i think Marty deserves the nominee as he has been thee outstanding player in the division. Don't think Terry deserved a nominee wouldn't even have him in the top 5 players for Beragh. The other players that i think might have deserved a mention are Martin McMahon and Damien Meenagh, two consistiently high performers for Beragh all year.

Porky

E-mail to clubs from A Harkin:
A, Chairde, Could everyone please note that there will be a new draw for the Tyrone Under 21 Grade Two Football Competition owing to some teams withdrawing from the Grade One section as they were in the wrong Grade than that which they had requested.
The Grade One Draw will be unaffected but some clubs will now receive byes.
The new Grade Two draw will be held over the course of this weekend. Any queries then please get in touch.
Slán agus go raibh maith agaibh.
Aodhán Harkin, Rúnaí, Tyrone C.C.C.

- Great to see the CCC maintaining their standards!! They managed to make a c**k up of U-21 gradings and draw as well as everything else they did this year.

ballygawleyman

any word of donaghmore pulling out and we wouldnt have till worry about mcginn? :D we do have a good under 21 side this year with stars from last years winning team still there and players like petey harte cathal mccrory and  brian horisk breaking into the team

atthegap

Deal Me In, i've seen beragh on a number of times this year, Mc Kenna looked to be pretty important, if he couldn't make you top 5, you's must have some right footballers about, who's in your top five then?