Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

No big loss ? Jesus EC - Do league titles grow on trees or what  ?

Over the Bar

QuoteNo big loss ? Jesus EC - Do league titles grow on trees or what  ?

Maybe not, but at the same time I doubt at the min you'll find too many men around Errigal or Carmen training 4 nights a week to win the league.

ziggysego

and yet there's other clubs where the league is more important.
Testing Accessibility

Over the Bar

QuoteI have never said this before but whilst I fancy Errigal to possibly take the 4th place in the league before the end of the season I cant see yes beating Donaghmore on Saturday, but Im sure ye'll try your best.

:-\

Over the Bar

Quoteand yet there's other clubs where the league is more important.

such as Manchester United and Celtic

clarshack

in fianna's notes in todays tyrone times it thanks all those who sent messages of congratulations - oops!

orangeman

I'd say Carmen are training very hard - they've a big celebration this year and they're going all out - Errigal are training for the league as well  - I expect a very competitive top 4 competition this year -

tyrone86

Just a thought but anyone that thinks league football is irrelevant should look at Dromore, a league title in 03 and 04 and perennial contenders for the championship since that. The Carrickmore dynasty since the mid 90s was built on 3 in a row league successes (92-94) before they won the O'Neill Cup and League double in 95.
Whilst it may not carry the same prestige as the Championship today's league is the breeding ground for tomorrow's championship winners.

Norf Tyrone

QuoteNorf, what yous like for the weekend, will your lads travel at all? If they will is there going to be a reserve game or just a senior game?

We will have an undeerstrength senior team at the least, and are trying our best to field at reserve too. The problem is that we have not had a reserve game since 9th Sept, and they have fallen off badly.

In fact I just noticed we have had one reserve game since 12th Aug through no fault of our own. 1 game in 2 months!!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

EC Unique

Quote from: orangeman on October 09, 2007, 09:56:22 PM
I'd say Carmen are training very hard - they've a big celebration this year and they're going all out - Errigal are training for the league as well  - I expect a very competitive top 4 competition this year -

Yea they are ..... 1 night a week!

Over the Bar

QuoteJust a thought but anyone that thinks league football is irrelevant

I don't think anyone is saying that.    The league does however come a very distant second to the championship.

rrhf

Youse done some yappin about it last year when you were demanding the league semifinals and finals be delayed to suit your own schedule., :D.  I distinctinly remember a lot of crying alright. 

Over the Bar

QuoteI hear the county final is on TG4.

According to their schedule its the Kerry & Clare finals.   Mind you I only have a silver Fáinne!  ;)

Bensars

oneillcup2007

thats just hypnotic - a great way to relieve the stress!! ;)