Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oneillcup2007

Well Coalisland people knows what it takes to decorate a town. ;)  Theres a great buzz about the place and that the way it should be.  Good luck to Dromore in the final, it will be a tough ask for the Fianna but we can only be confident in ourselves.  Thanks to all those who genuinely wished us luck either.   

snappiered

Looking forward to the FInal hope it is a good one and that we get a good day and a good game. I see you are confident Kiddo!!!!!
Hope both teams  do themselves justice and play to their potential.
I take it Dromore will be wearing yellow and the fianna in white. Would I be correct?
Do both teams get the opportunity to train on Healy Park this week?

oneillcup2007

Thanks sanpiered.  I think one of the things that is making Coalisland nervous is all the hype.  Many people have said that if Colailsand win on sunday it will potentially spell the beginning of perhaps a 10 year period of dominance in Tyrone football.  That would make anybody nervous and is probaly way over the top on such a young team.  The fact that Dromore is such a good experienced team who are probably feeling desperately in last chance saloon for a title could have a bearing on the gaem.  Also the predicted rain could favour the more physical Dromore team.  The ref could have a crcial role on the game.     

Wee Roddy

Hype and county finals go hand in hand. Alot is going to be said about both teams this week in papers and to be honest it will all be fillers. No one will say anything that will give the other team an edge. I would say players will just want the game without the fuss.
"The ref could have a crcial role on the game." He will indeed because the referees in Tyrone are the centre of attention and have a bearing on every result!

DirtyDozen12

For the reasons wee Roddy gives, i fancy Dromore to win.  Your right..hype & pressure goes hand in hand with county finals and I feel a lot of the Dromore players have been there before and will therefore have more experience in handling the situation.. In saying that, they dont have much experience in winning county finals  ;)
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

Over the Bar

Regardless as to whichever team wins they won't be regarded as the best team in the county until they beat one of the Big Two next year in retaining the title.   Dromore probably deserve to win based on consistency but everything to do with form goes out the window at this point

ballygawleyman

over the bar that is the most sensible statement made ever on this board. you dont win a championship without beating on of the big 2. since 1993 the two clubs dominance, ardboe beat carmen till win the title in 98 and killyclogher won the title in 03. you are 100%. clonoe had freak win  over carmen and donaghmore beat an errigal team without paul quinn and cormac mcginley

rrhf

rrhf

Cormac Mc Ginley would be injured like 8 years out of every 9.  Carthorse.

EC Unique

Quote from: rrhf on October 09, 2007, 04:37:46 PM
Cormac Mc Ginley would be injured like 8 years out of every 9.  Carthorse.

I would tend to agree :-\

longball

Errigal men- why was Darren McCann nets at the weekend there is JD injured? i see mccann scored a point did he strike a '45. how is daisy playing?? is he likely to be lining out for tyrone in mckenna cup next year?
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

rrhf

I have never said this before but whilst I fancy Errigal to possibly take the 4th place in the league before the end of the season I cant see yes beating Donaghmore on Saturday, but Im sure ye'll try your best.

clarshack

Quote from: Over the Bar on October 09, 2007, 04:10:31 PM
Regardless as to whichever team wins they won't be regarded as the best team in the county until they beat one of the Big Two next year in retaining the title. 

maybe coalisland and dromore are in the process of replacing errigal and carmen as the big 2! you would think errigal and carmen have always been the big two in tyrone from day one - they havent and wont always be. i suppose our championship in 1962 doesnt count now because Errigal Ciaran didnt exist.

Deal_Me_In

Stephen NcNamee (Newtoen stewart) is the referee for sundays game with Sean McCartan (Loughmacrory) one line. Don't know who is on the other or the standby is.

EC Unique

Quote from: rrhf on October 09, 2007, 04:51:13 PM
I have never said this before but whilst I fancy Errigal to possibly take the 4th place in the league before the end of the season I cant see yes beating Donaghmore on Saturday, but Im sure ye'll try your best.

Dont think Errigal are too interested in how the league fairs out. If we make the last 4 we will give it a go, if not it is no big loss.