Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 25, 2017, 09:16:33 PM
i see dinky mc bride on the carrickmore sideline. did he replace mc cann? on another note has anyone noticed how poorly all the county men seem to be playing for their clubs? mc clure from clonoe the only one ive seen have a good game.

Hasn't Ronan Mc Hugh been excellent, Cathal Mcshane,  colm cavanagh, Cathal mccarron, Harry Loughran

Under Lights

Lee Brennan 1-8 put of 1-12 tonight

In hiding

i see dinky mc bride on the carrickmore sideline. did he replace mc cann? on another note has anyone noticed how poorly all the county men seem to be playing for their clubs? mc clure from clonoe the only one ive seen have a good game.
Conor meyler has been excellent as was Mattie donnelly tonight. Michael mc Kernan was very good again tonight

southtyronegael

forgot about meyler, was v good against ardboe. r o neill , mulgrew, peter harte, aiden mc crory, mark bradley, were all poor when i seen them. mc kernan from coalisland seems to be a serious man marker. was the only man could handle mark bradley last year.

Mikhailov

Quote from: tothetop03 on September 25, 2017, 05:20:39 PM
Quote from: DEL on September 25, 2017, 05:18:23 PM

Where did Sludden get 8 minutes of extra time in the second half from? There were not that many stoppages!

Also thought Sludden helped make it an entertaining game but 8 min extra time was crazy!
Also as a side issue Peter Harte must be the most fouled man in tyrone. IMO
Off the ball he gets constant 'attention' that seems to be totally ignored.

Between Peter Harte and Pj Lavery for that title...
[/quote]

Meyler is by far the most fouled man in the county albeit he runs into tackles a lot but he is always being pulled, hauled and blocked. Agree that PJ and Petie get a lot of attention also.

Mikhailov

Tonight's game was enthralling to say the least as was the first game. 2 very even teams but Trillick looked much fitter and stronger in the last 10 minutes tonight. It was a great battle over the 2 nights and they just about deserved the win. Full credit to both teams for the great effort, commitment and skill over both nights. It was typical tough championship football - hits, off the ball incidents, niggle, great play, super scores and controversial incidents.

Onthe40

Omagh Trillick now then... Omagh to edge it?

Redhand Santa

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 25, 2017, 10:36:23 PM
forgot about meyler, was v good against ardboe. r o neill , mulgrew, peter harte, aiden mc crory, mark bradley, were all poor when i seen them. mc kernan from coalisland seems to be a serious man marker. was the only man could handle mark bradley last year.

He didn't handle Bradley too well in the county final replay.

Good game tonight, Mattie Donnelly put in a lot of work and was a lot more direct in his running than sometimes. Brennan was decent from placed balls but wouldn't have said he was brilliant from open play.

vallankumous

Ronan McNabb and Cathal mcCarron were brilliant against Clonoe, McAliskey made a big impact when introduced too.

Legoman5

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 25, 2017, 10:36:23 PM

Yeah Bradley was quiet in the Final..

tothetop03

Really good game last night..... How did Hurson let so much stuff go on off the ball and in the tackle?? How did Mattie Donnelly stay on the field after his tackle on McNally....What was the penalty for???

skeog

Penalty was a clear pull on the jersey stonewall.Trillick deserving winners overall give Omagh a real battle imo.Fatigue could be a factor for them though 3 physical games in 8 days.

tothetop03

Quote from: skeog on September 26, 2017, 09:18:55 AM
Penalty was a clear pull on the jersey stonewall.Trillick deserving winners overall give Omagh a real battle imo.Fatigue could be a factor for them though 3 physical games in 8 days.

I was too far away to see penalty..... Trillick just about shaded the game it was son enjoyable....Fianna discipline in the tackle let them down big time they gave away too many free kicks.... Trillick are young enough to recover quicker than most teams.... Fianna were not happy with Hurson after the match......

Degrassi Hi

FIanna can rightly feel aggrieved for the decision not to send Mattie Donnelly off the pitch. As cynical a tackle as you'll ever see. Black card would have been an easy decision to make and would have turned the game. Fianna can't be happy with their use if possession into their forwards, if they'd stuck to their running game instead they could have advanced.
Trillick don't panic however and their championship credentials are to be admired. They'll give Omagh their fill of it.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Degrassi Hi on September 26, 2017, 09:46:44 AM
FIanna can rightly feel aggrieved for the decision not to send Mattie Donnelly off the pitch. As cynical a tackle as you'll ever see. Black card would have been an easy decision to make and would have turned the game. Fianna can't be happy with their use if possession into their forwards, if they'd stuck to their running game instead they could have advanced.
Trillick don't panic however and their championship credentials are to be admired. They'll give Omagh their fill of it.
Hurson seems reluctant to use the black card. There where two stonewall ones in the dromore v clonoe game for mccarron & dorris that he didnt give.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either