Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

I feel that this might be Moortown's best game of the season.

paradiseatdunmoyle

big league game this weekend for dromore as well as errigal. we will want to bounce back after the championship while what better preparation for a county final is a trip till dunmoyle. not sure on what injuries wee have but we arent doing much training.

oneillcup2007

Hows the rebuilding going man of the flys.

orangeman

It surely would be a real fairytale if Killyman were to win through - is there any betting available for the two finals ?

Moortown and Rock double ? Who is favourite in the junior  - Rock or Beragh ?

loughshore lad

Quote from: orangeman on September 27, 2007, 11:40:27 AM
It surely would be a real fairytale if Killyman were to win through - is there any betting available for the two finals ?

Moortown and Rock double ? Who is favourite in the junior  - Rock or Beragh ?

Would say Loneshark would give you a price if you asked him.

Are you for the match, the Malachy's should win? I hope they do, would be great to have the parish derby to look forward to again next year?

Its a big enough game for the Rossa's on Saturday, the two points would come in handy to give some breathing space from the bottom of the table.

orangeman

I'm definitely for the match and will be cheering the Malachys - it would be great to see the derby next year -

Aygharan will provide tough opposition, made even tougher by the sendings off in Coalisland - Aygharan have been on a great run but I'd say we can take the two points which as you say will come in handy. Another two points should leave us safe, so hopefully we can get them on Saturday.

Norf Tyrone

Good luck to Beragh, and especially ex Owen Roes manager Palor McNulty on Sunday.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ziggysego

Best of luck to Beragh. I've family up that direction.

Hopefully they will be able to follow the path that Greencastle laid for them ;)
Testing Accessibility

tyrone86

If I was pushed I'd probably go for a Moortown / Rock double. Without over simplifying and with all due respect to Killyman, it will take a "game of your life" type performance from 1 to 15 and a very bad day at the office for Moortown for them to win. That's not to say it can't happen - not many gave Killyman a chance v Augher - but Moortown are bound to be about 1/5 with Hughes'.

As for the junior game it's a compelling battle. Both sides have improved immensly under their new managers in the past year. Beragh, barring a blip in the 1st half v Owen Roes, have been ruthless to date in the Championship, putting in big scores v Castlederg and v Brackaville and overpowering Owen Roes in the second half. Rock defeated Drumragh fairly comprehensive, beat Dregish without getting out of 2nd gear and defeated a dogged Clogher side after a replay. For Beragh to win they'll need big games from 17 year old Martin Rodgers, Mickey Ward and Terry McKenna. The Rock seem to have more game winners at their disposal, with men like Ciaran Gourley, The McCreesh's, The Gervan's and the Mullan's all playing major roles. On paper, it's hard to look past The Rock but Palor McNulty has taken more teams out of Junior Football than any other man in the county. I still fancy Rock.

Deal_Me_In

Thanks for the Best Wishes lads, hopefully we can make it through, but it is going to be the hardest game of the year and with a couple of regulars coming back from niggling injuries (they will be there but having not played any football since the semi) it remains to be seen if we have the strength and depth to cope. Rock would be the bookies favoutites especially after the beating they gave us in the league and their form this season, but we have improved a lot since that game and we have always been a fairly good championship team. If i was a betting man i don't think it would be a waste of £20 on us but then again i have a biased opinion here.

laceer

killyman 9/2
moortown 1/3
going by the tyrone times

DirtyDozen12

I think Moortown will have to show their class early on in the encounter with Killyman and they need to build up a good lead very quickly.  If Killyman on the other hand can keep close to Moortown for the majority of the game I could see them sneaking it as they have that predigree in the championship and Moortown could very well feel the strain.

Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

longball

I'm actually gonna go out on a limb here and say Killyman will clinch this!
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

who shot jr

I heard the nally stand was opening this weekend in carrickmore. Is there anywhere I could find out more about this? Apparently there is a big over 35 derby match between carrickmore and errigal ciaran. I bought a development ticket off a carmen man in ahurry the other nite. He reckoned both canavans, the quinns and other former greats from ballygawley were playin as well as the gormleys, loughrans,mc callens and ronan mcgarrity from carrickmore. that is something id pay good money to see again. any information anyone?

paradiseatdunmoyle

who shot jr. yes going by the hearld that game is at 6pm saturday in carmen. not sure about them carmen men and whos playing but yes pascal and canavan are playing and so is tiffy and hugh quinn. although the men are playing dromore so im not sure if they will all be there or what the story is about peter playing with a clash in games. will be good and will pull a crowd.