Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longball

See Stephen O'Neill got a late equaliser for Cliftonville against Linfield last night!  ;)
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

orangeman

At last we're getting a bit of long term thinking - no talk of Mc Kenna cups etc -

ziggysego

Quote from: orangeman on September 25, 2007, 02:13:40 PM
At last we're getting a bit of long term thinking - no talk of Mc Kenna cups etc -

That's what I thought immediately when I saw the news on Ceefax. I'm glad about it. It's a competition for blooding new players, not tried and tested players.
Testing Accessibility

snappiered

When did Damian Jordan transfer to the Island. I remember thinking to myself earlier in the year where this fellow had come out of. As a matter of interest didnt Coalisland beat Dromore in a Minor Championship final in  2000? (1-13 to 3-6 i think) How many of these players are involved with both Senior teams currently preapring for the 07 County Senior Final?

nrico2006

Good to see O'Neill getting surgery.  Hopefully it will go well and he can go through the proper rehab work and be back at full fitness a f ew months b4 the championship.  He has had 2 injury hit summers, hopefully this will end that run.  I would love to see a completely experimental Tyrone team in the McKenna cup this year, with no regulars near the side.  Also, for the League, something similar could be employed with fringe squad players involved and new blood.  The huge effort Tyrone put into the McKenna and NFL must go someway to explaining the injuries that many of the players have received over the past 2 years.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

uselessfootballer

Snappiered, Damien Jordan transferred to Coalisland at the start of this year, he played no football at all for the 2 years immediately before that.

oneillcup2007

no news here please move along now.   ;)

orangeman

tyrone86

Good memory snapper, 1-13 to 3-6 it was, Austin Donaghy missing a free with the last kick of the game that should have made it a draw. Off the top of my head those that would have been involved from both teams would be Peter Ward, Fabian O'Neill, Hugh McNulty, Mickey Garry, Eoin McCusker and Sean McDonnell for Dromore and Peter Donnelly, Paddy O'Farrell and Paddy Early for the Fianna. I remember O'Farrell referencing Paddy Early's transfer from Brackaville in his speech.

ONeill

A great year for the Fianna so far this year. I remember thinking whilst watching the Island lift the Ulster Minor title at the start of the year that the tide may be starting to turn in their favour after almost 20 years in the shadows. The promising thing for them is that there are players at the club that will/can become established county-standard performers in the years ahead - young Toner, McNally, young Thornton (who I think was only 15 in Jan), with Carberry an outside bet.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

tyrone86

I know it's not really comparing apples with apples (isn't that right Gab  ;) ) but which side did you think where more impressive in the Ulster Minor Championship O'Neill;  Errigal '05 or Coalisland '06

ONeill

Tough one. Coalisland, I thought, won in a year of stiffer opposition and their performance in the second half of the final was the best I'd witnessed in years. Ronan McCrory was the star man in '05. Coalisland were well-rounded although Toner was also indispensible.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

tyrone86

The one thing that is certain is that more Coalisland players seem to be making the transition to Senior Football. Possibly that has to do with the reluctance of Errigal to move away from the 'old guard' so to speak, but I'm sure there'll be several interesting battles in the years ahead.

However, whatever about Toner the younger who is an exceptional footballer and McNally - who I'm not convinced of yet - I think it's Conor Bayne and Paddy McNiece that have all the attributes to make it at the highest level

Big Mickey

st enda's-carrickmore game that was supposed to be on sat is now changed to october. means we'l have had 1 game in about 7 wks coming up to a crucial run of games for us, not great preparation but at least its gives us a break and chance to welcome all the players back and workin a system again.ne1 gona give me odds on omagh to stay outa playoffs????

orangeman

You must be joking Mickey  - your game is off ? How did you get the game off ??
Or maybe it was Carmen ?

I thought you couldn't get games off ?

Same old story - one rule for one and another rule for another !

Shame on you Mr. Daly or Mr. Mc Goldrick or whoever has made the sorry mess that is Tyrone club football - one game in 7 weeks for Omagh ???????

And the under 21's just seem to have disappeared !