Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redzone

Quote from: vallankumous on September 11, 2016, 10:34:53 PM
I think sometimes refs get it difficult to play advantage.
As soon as there's contact a crowd will beg for a free and continue begging til they get it regardless of the refs intentions.
This means he'll just award the free next time leaving a lot of inconsistency. Players get confused thinking the ref is letting a lot go only to be penalised for doing the same thing later.
Also with the defensive type game an advantage coming out off defence is often a disadvantage even if you have possession.
While the player might break through the attack with the ball the free would be more advantageous.

The game is impossible to ref sometimes. A lot of play acting and cheating and trying to con referres with fake injurys. Anybody see Gary Wallace of killyclogher being put in the recovery position at the end and then jump up and play on. That was embarrassing

WT4E

Quote from: Uncle Kev on September 11, 2016, 09:45:06 PM
Quote from: WT4E on September 11, 2016, 09:29:12 PM
Edendork Saturday:
2:45 coalisland Kildress
4:15 Carmen clonoe

Great that tones are in the last six of the championship!  ;D
is thus speculation or Mickey Kerr approved ? Carmen not good in the dorks field!
P

It's on tyronegaa website. Thought it strange place for the fixture as you'd like a covered stand this Time of year. Nothing worse getting bate and u going home like a drown rat. Also had heard dumoyle which would far better for facilities and atmosphere.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: redzone on September 11, 2016, 08:39:25 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on September 11, 2016, 05:58:07 PM
Heard Ruairi Sludden was very impressive today. I remember him being a very good minor but from what I've heard he had had a few discipline problems and has been put off a few panels - think that was the case with u21s a few years ago.

Is he good enough to make it with the county?

Dromore and Killyclogher probably look the two teams most likely to win it out.

Sludden very impressive. Yes he has the ability, don't know if he'd have the commitment. Bomber u don't seem to go to club games, why not. Are you outside the county

Outside the county.

maximus

Has the draw taken place for the next round of the Senior championship or was it already set out

Jeremiah O

After Mayo beat Tyrone I have listened to a good few men(not from Ardboe)say that Harte needs Kyle Coney back in the panel.Well,that theory was put to bed in great fashion last night.Dromore always looked like winning the game but poor shot selection in the 1st half and the last 10 minutes cost us dearly.
Unconquered and unconquerable

Tyrone95

I actually thought Ardboe where the better team in the second half, mc guigan and dd mulgrew the main driving force. Just a lack of firepower up front cost them big time!

Helpline

Ardboe have some good young lads, cassidy, mulgrew and Lynn,. just hope they don't get ruined by the older crew who don't want to play football anymore but want to be the centre of attention by other means. Dromore will win the county title but are not the best footballing team in the county...pity. 
The first half was even, the second half was even worse

Under Lights

Uncle Kev

Quote from: Tyrone95 on September 12, 2016, 08:08:58 AM
I actually thought Ardboe where the better team in the second half, mc guigan and dd mulgrew the main driving force. Just a lack of firepower up front cost them big time!
I agree entirely with you on this point . Ardboe had a couple of big names who let the rest down. Colm Mc Cullagh is another oldie but he stood up and was counted . Marty McKeown was a major loss to Ardboe as he was having the game of his life; a big strong lad who won't cow down to anyone !

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Club boi on September 11, 2016, 10:21:06 PM
Ref in Dromore/Ardboe was very poor
Ref in both Omagh/Clonoe and Killyclogher/Trillick I thought was very good
I actually thought Mchugh handled a very difficult game reasonably well.
There was a period in the second half when it had become impossible to referee!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

The Bearded One

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 12, 2016, 09:49:54 AM
Quote from: Club boi on September 11, 2016, 10:21:06 PM
Ref in Dromore/Ardboe was very poor
Ref in both Omagh/Clonoe and Killyclogher/Trillick I thought was very good
I actually thought Mchugh handled a very difficult game reasonably well.
There was a period in the second half when it had become impossible to referee!

As a spectator it was hard to watch everything, so as a referee it must have been impossible. Begs the question just what the other 6 officials were doing...because they had to see some of the incidents going on.
It is what it is. Presumably.

Tyrone Gaa

Kyle Coney was so bad yesterday,  He sauntered round the pitch waiting for things to happen rather than putting in a shift to help his team reach a championship semi final.  I actually cant believe Rouse and Hurl stood and watched him for 60+ minutes.  Ardboe actually put up more fight than I expected and actually if they had 15 players on the pitch might of actually threatened Dromore. 

Just when I'm criticising I may as well move onto the second game.  Was Mattie Donnelly injured?  He got on the ball a fair bit but he didn't want to take a man on or drive like he usually would.  We seen T.McCann driving Killyclogher forward, I just felt that was uncharacteristically missing from Mattie yesterday.
Living the dream!!!

The Trap

Why the big fuss about Coney? What about the 2 actors that were put into the full forward line, what was their role supposed to be? DD Mulgrew had looked good in the first half......and Brian McGuigan looked very good when he came on. If Ardboe had of concentrated on football they might have won.......

Mountain Man

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on September 12, 2016, 10:01:03 AM
Kyle Coney was so bad yesterday,  He sauntered round the pitch waiting for things to happen rather than putting in a shift to help his team reach a championship semi final.  I actually cant believe Rouse and Hurl stood and watched him for 60+ minutes.  Ardboe actually put up more fight than I expected and actually if they had 15 players on the pitch might of actually threatened Dromore. 

Just when I'm criticising I may as well move onto the second game.  Was Mattie Donnelly injured?  He got on the ball a fair bit but he didn't want to take a man on or drive like he usually would.  We seen T.McCann driving Killyclogher forward, I just felt that was uncharacteristically missing from Mattie yesterday.

According to reports Mattie Donnelly was in bed all weekend with the flu and probably should not have been playing. A fully fit Mattie and it could have been a different result.

Club boi

Strange decision by the Ardboe management to bring on the 2 men when they did - John and Brian. Ardboe were on top, had all the momentum and were driving forward. They had Dromore on the back foot and struggling to get out of their own half. As a spectator the substitutions seemed to hamper Ardboe more than give them the advantage they wanted