Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle Kev

I would say that dromore and Killyclogher would nt be happy with the 1930s changing room in Pomeroy! The only reason the treble Cs fixed the games for here is the fact that Pomeroy is a shorter journey after the Clonoe Omagh replay and therefore more dosh to be made! It was originally planned to have the replay in Dungannon at 12 .45 but Cuthbert couldn't get out of mass early; he has to count the collection !

Helpline

Its looking like Dromore, Killyclogher, Coalisland and Omagh last four, or possibility Carmen to slip in if Clonoe/omagh dont improve!
The first half was even, the second half was even worse

The Bearded One

Killyclogher and Trillick in Pomeroy?
Coalisland and Kildress in Omagh?
Eskra and Stewartstown playing at 12.45pm?
Junior championship game fixed for 1pm on a Saturday?
Madness.

It is what it is. Presumably.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: The Bearded One on September 05, 2016, 09:55:32 AM
Killyclogher and Trillick in Pomeroy?
Coalisland and Kildress in Omagh?
Eskra and Stewartstown playing at 12.45pm?
Junior championship game fixed for 1pm on a Saturday?
Madness.

The 2 x teams involved at 1pm on the Saturday have their U16s in Championship action at noon.

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

bigpackiechestout

Bringing Trillick to pomeroy is a strange one. Bit of a trek for them. The game promises to be a cracker though. Killyclogher were very impressive in the second half on Saturday and Tiernan McCann in particular was immense. Errigal couldn't live with his pace at all, he seems to just glide along the ground when he's running with the ball. KC will be massively up for it after losing the final last year and I'd fancy them to just shade it although Carlin is a big loss for them.

Omagh Clonoe was v poor last night. Particularly disappointed with Mcaliskey and Ronan O'Neill, you would have to expect more from your 2 county senior corner forwards.

Uncle Kev

Any word on how Richard Donnelly played for Trillick yesterday? He could be the marquee forward we are looking for as he has power and a fair bit of the same Dna as Mattie! I was shocked that he didn't come in against Mayo . I watched him playing Sigerson this year and he stood out! Was he not moms in a couple of national league games ? Maybe he's not defensive enough but have we not enough of them dreaded defenders !

Uncle Kev

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on September 05, 2016, 10:28:24 AM
Bringing Trillick to pomeroy is a strange one. Bit of a trek for them. The game promises to be a cracker though. Killyclogher were very impressive in the second half on Saturday and Tiernan McCann in particular was immense. Errigal couldn't live with his pace at all, he seems to just glide along the ground when he's running with the ball. KC will be massively up for it after losing the final last year and I'd fancy them to just shade it although Carlin is a big loss for them.

Omagh Clonoe was v poor last night. Particularly disappointed with Mcaliskey and Ronan O'Neill, you would have to expect more from your 2 county senior corner forwards.
the only time Clonoe put Omagh under pressure was when she was drive in to big Dan and that's where all the frees were won ! Get him fit and he'll fit the bill ; f**k thus defensive lark ; we need a target man quickly.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: winghalfback on September 04, 2016, 10:01:53 PM
Quote from: Club boi on September 04, 2016, 09:53:08 PM
Quote from: KIDDO 4 on September 04, 2016, 09:42:20 PM
Kildress v Coalisland, HealyPark 8.30pm , Friday night next ,curtain raiser Pomeroy v Gortin 7pm , with Dromore v Ardboe Sunday next , 4.15, with Killyclogher v Trillick 5.45,both at Pomeroy.

If this is true what is wrong with the county boards head. No Saturday Fixtures and 3 on Sunday??

Why ask teams to play on a Friday Night (after a day's/weeks work instead of the Saturday??

Madness alright

Ach shut up you two FFS.  Friday night games are great.  Great for spectators and great for players.  Ask any player and they will tell you they like playing on a Friday night.

You boys are just moaning for the sake of it. 

Up The Middle

Quote from: Uncle Kev on September 05, 2016, 10:36:44 AM
Quote from: bigpackiechestout on September 05, 2016, 10:28:24 AM

the only time Clonoe put Omagh under pressure was when she was drive in to big Dan and that's where all the frees were won ! Get him fit and he'll fit the bill ; f**k thus defensive lark ; we need a target man quickly.

Maybe you could let Cassidy in on that as well. It seems lost on him.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: Uncle Kev on September 05, 2016, 10:33:35 AM
Any word on how Richard Donnelly played for Trillick yesterday? He could be the marquee forward we are looking for as he has power and a fair bit of the same Dna as Mattie! I was shocked that he didn't come in against Mayo . I watched him playing Sigerson this year and he stood out! Was he not moms in a couple of national league games ? Maybe he's not defensive enough but have we not enough of them dreaded defenders !
You tell us, Mrs Donnelly.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Helpline on September 05, 2016, 09:49:40 AM
Its looking like Dromore, Killyclogher, Coalisland and Omagh last four, or possibility Carmen to slip in if Clonoe/omagh dont improve!
Give me a drop of whatever you're drinking. Carrickmore nowhere near it.

WBF

I would never write a Carrickmore team off in the championship! Bringing back in the likes of Ruairi Loughran and Colm McGurk will be a huge help to the strength of the defense!

bigpackiechestout

Could anyone who watches Omagh more regularly than I do enlighten me on Conan Grugan and his form this year. This is his second year out of the country set up and his second year in a row captaining Omagh, and I was expecting him to be the fulcrum of their team, catching kickouts, driving the team on and kicking scores. Admittedly I don't see much of Omagh and it would be harsh to judge him solely on last nights game but he seemed slow and ponderous and wasn't getting on much ball.

Tyrone95

Based on yesterdays performance I dont think too many teams in the county would be too worried about Omagh or Clonoe never mind Carmen. Wont be easy for either team playing 3/4 weeks in a row so Carmen should be quietly confident of a so called 'upset'

clarshack

very tough game for us against Eskra on Sunday.

they have knocked us out of the IFC in both 2009 and 2012 and have also beaten us in the league in 2015 and 2016 so we'll have to be at our very best.