Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Omagh's four point win over Errigal doesn't do their dominance justice either, from what I've heard. Should have had a few more goals.

Oghams Law

Who would dromore face in ulster club? Whats their side of draw like?

skeog

load of nonsense talking about ulster side of the draw see the top teams in cavan down and monaghan beaten but still have a chance due to the sham that they call championship exists in both counties

square_ball

Forget ulster who are they due to play in the all Ireland semi final? Think it's maybe leinster champions isn't it?

time ticking away

Dromore v Castlebar Mitchells 17th March 2017

You heard it here first
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

TF15

Cship is Dromores unless Omagh can catch them. Hope Dromore do it as it'd be nice to have a Tyrone club win the All Ireland club title.

redzone

Who was the last team to win 2 in a row,can't see anybody stopping gorgeous and co

Club Rossa

Carrickmore were the last team to retain the title in 2005

TabClear

I heard today that the dromore subs used on Sunday were ricey,mccullagh, Barry collins and fabian O'Neill. If true that's a serious amount of experience on the bench! 3 all Ireland winners and a county champion skipper!

They do look like the form team but as Trillick showed last year that means nothing.

The Trap

Senior Championship
Dromore seem to be most peoples favourites and are entitled to that but will have a fight on their hands before they lift the O'Neill Cup. They will have too much for Strabane and will then face Ardboe probably. The loughshore men are in good form and while they have a good bit to find on recent outings against Dromore I would expect this to be one of the games of the championship. And that just gets you to the last four!
The Errigal/Killyclogher and Clonoe/Omagh ties will see another two potential winners eliminated. Both games will go down to the wire and would make great finals but on current form I would go for a local double of Killyclogher and Omagh.
Coalisland, Trillick and Carrickmore should all win their first round games and make up the list of potential winners. The semi final pairings should make for great tussles whoever makes it.
Overall I would agree with most people and have Dromore just ahead of Omagh and Coalisland as potential winners.

Intermediate championship
Again an intriguing championship in store with one look at the league table indicating a number of teams could challenge. Donaghmore lead the way and should account for Aghaloo before a tougher task against Dungannon/Moortown. Can the Clarkes recapture the form that saw them beat Trillick a couple of years ago? If so they could be a major obstacle for anyone and whoever comes out of this quarter final will be well placed.
Pomeroy are talked about as finally reaching their potential and they have certainly been much more consistent this year. If they can really get it together four days in a row they will be hard to beat but that is a big if?
One of the bigger first round games is Moy v Derrylaughan and while this one could go either way, if Sean Cavanagh gives his all then you would have to fancy his team. Other teams that could have a say are perennial challengers Urney, Eskra and Cookstown while Stewartstown could cause a shock. Despite good league campaigns I cant see Loughmacrory or Aghyaran winning the cup.
Overall I would go for Pomeroy and Donaghmore to battle it out.

Junior Championship
The strength of Tyrone club football is highlighted in the competitiveness of all three championship and this years Junior could be the most for years with Rock and Killeeshil struggling more that the relegated teams normally do.
Given their championship pedigree Rock would still be favourites but they face a tough opening battle against either Beragh or Castlederg. If they get over that opening hurdle they could be hard to stop.
Owen Roes and Tattyreagh are the other real contenders with perhaps a surprise or two from the likes of Drumragh or Clogher.
Overall I will go for Owen Roes with Tattyreagh and Rock their main opponents.

vallankumous

Going on form alone it's safe to say form means nothing in the Tyrone County Championship.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Onthe40 on August 15, 2016, 10:02:37 AM
Things not going well at Rahilly park?
Fallout between Cassidy and McAliskey? Any truth in that?

time ticking away

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on August 16, 2016, 02:30:42 PM
Quote from: Onthe40 on August 15, 2016, 10:02:37 AM
Things not going well at Rahilly park?
Breaking news !!!
Manager and player fall out....    shock
Fallout between Cassidy and McAliskey? Any truth in that?
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

blewuporstuffed

How much notice is the CCC supposed to give you for a refixture?
Surely being told on the monday of a game on the Thursday night isn't acceptable?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

driveherin

you're lucky!! Games are only supposed to be brought forward!!! Also...last 3 games have to be played together apparently....so should all the fixtures be pushed back for the sake of Aughers Hoolie....?