Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: Tyroneforsam on July 25, 2016, 12:33:57 PM
Quote from: Boghopper on July 25, 2016, 11:40:51 AM
Derrytresk and Pomeroy didn't kill each other it was a clean game. With approximately 27/28 minutes played when Pomeroy were 5/6 up some lunatic from Pomeroy jumped the fence and assaulted the linesman who was a Derrytresk member. The man in question has a fractured eye socket.  I am at a loss for the motive as the man who was assaulted is one of the most civil people you could meet, Pomeroy were also in a comfortable position with the game almost over. The referee subsequently abandoned the game and it'll be up to the CCC to refix the game no doubt. I would imagine the Pomeroy Players Management and Executive will be furious with the individual in question. I would also imagine that the CCC will take a very dim view of a match official being assaulted.

Come on now, get you're facts right. The spectator was assaulted by the linesman in the first instance. He was merely defending himself. Pomeroy were leading 1-13 to 9 points with 1 minute of normal time remaining. There was no chance of a Derrytresk revival.

Assaulted? I've asked a few people on both sides and no one has said the linesman assaulted the Pomeroy supporter and he defended himself (by bounding over a fence). Can you explain this a bit?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

winghalfback

Give over about the hill v pomeroy game no one cares.

GaelTheGael

Quote from: ONeill on July 30, 2016, 12:57:24 AM
Quote from: Tyroneforsam on July 25, 2016, 12:33:57 PM
Quote from: Boghopper on July 25, 2016, 11:40:51 AM
Derrytresk and Pomeroy didn't kill each other it was a clean game. With approximately 27/28 minutes played when Pomeroy were 5/6 up some lunatic from Pomeroy jumped the fence and assaulted the linesman who was a Derrytresk member. The man in question has a fractured eye socket.  I am at a loss for the motive as the man who was assaulted is one of the most civil people you could meet, Pomeroy were also in a comfortable position with the game almost over. The referee subsequently abandoned the game and it'll be up to the CCC to refix the game no doubt. I would imagine the Pomeroy Players Management and Executive will be furious with the individual in question. I would also imagine that the CCC will take a very dim view of a match official being assaulted.

Come on now, get you're facts right. The spectator was assaulted by the linesman in the first instance. He was merely defending himself. Pomeroy were leading 1-13 to 9 points with 1 minute of normal time remaining. There was no chance of a Derrytresk revival.

Assaulted? I've asked a few people on both sides and no one has said the linesman assaulted the Pomeroy supporter and he defended himself (by bounding over a fence). Can you explain this a bit?
Lines man poked the Pomeroy man in the face through the fence with the flag. A ridiculous over reaction to jump the fence and hit the lines man and get the game abandoned and it long over as a contest.

GaelTheGael

Quote from: GaelTheGael on July 27, 2016, 09:47:50 PM
Quote from: WT4E on July 27, 2016, 03:52:40 PM
Glad to see our boys getting to the U21 Div 2 Final against our neighbours.

Wonder when that game will be fixed? Anyone any clue?
County board seem to be running these games off every Tuesday, would be safe to assume that will be the case again and the final will be next Tuesday evening.
Word is Division 1 and Division 2 double header next Sunday (7th) after the Tyrone game.

Uncle Kev

Well folks , what the chances of more boxing in the green fields of Tyrone this afternoon?

Jeremiah O

Framptons win last night could put a few boys in the mood Kev.
Unconquered and unconquerable

Club boi

At least 4 x Division 1 RESERVE games conceded today according to TyroneGaa website

GaelTheGael

Tattyreagh doing a bit of boxing yesterday when their 100% record went?

bogball88

Quote from: GaelTheGael on August 01, 2016, 02:25:31 PM
Heard that-referee got a touch allegedly  :o

Onthe40

Looking at the tables, its tight at the bottom of Div1..Kildress look set for the drop..Derrytresk look doomed in div2.

redzone

That's two weeks in a row now Dromore involved in a full on  field fight. Only this time no supporters involved.Surely county board won't brush it under carpet again

skeog

Dromore are in serious shape and look on course for a big say come sept oct

laceer

Quote from: GaelTheGael on August 01, 2016, 02:25:31 PM

Not at all surprised.

Christmas Lights

Dell

Ref's getting a lot of grief these last few weeks but excellent display tonight
light travels faster than sound this is why some people appear bright until they speak