Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

On a slightly lighter note, here's a video of Tyrone seniors attempting the crossbar challenge. Skip to 4mins for something special. That alone should warrant a starting spot on the 6th August!

http://ulsterherald.com/2016/07/29/video-tyrone-gaa-stars-take-on-the-crossbar-challenge/

stringbean

The last few pages of this thread make depressing reading and shows a sorry state of affairs of Tyrone club football.

Every weekend there seems to be incidents of field fights, fights with managers/umpires etc and then a blaming match of who was at fault!! Time a lot of 'club men' grew a set an caught themselves on!

Personally I wish the county board would come down like a ton of bricks on these sort of things. It used to be pitches were closed for year if someone jumped the wire, players were suspended for 12mths for hitting an official whilst has to be limits on number of people on the sideline, too many clinger ons who serve no useful purpose but to give abuse.

Maybe it's just me but I go to gaa match to watch the football - maybe I'm just being naive!!!

Tyroneforsam

Boghopper; I realise you're going to defend your club but I cannot accept you're argument that this incident was entirely the fault of one party. Given Derrytresks track record, I would like to think everybody else would be cute enough to realise that. I still cannot understand why this game did not resume after the incident. From what I hear quite a few games last weekend in the county were completed following fairly serious outbreaks of violence. I believe Ardboe v Coalisland replayed their abandoned game last week so that looks like the likely outcome which is such a pity given the fact we dominated the game and were 7 points up with one minute of normal time remaining. On another note, this is not the place for naming names.

WT4E

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 29, 2016, 02:58:31 PM
On a slightly lighter note, here's a video of Tyrone seniors attempting the crossbar challenge. Skip to 4mins for something special. That alone should warrant a starting spot on the 6th August!

http://ulsterherald.com/2016/07/29/video-tyrone-gaa-stars-take-on-the-crossbar-challenge/

Fair play to garvaghey in that clip - lives up to the hype.... Wet and windy! 😂

Aaron Boone

Quote from: WT4E on July 29, 2016, 06:45:32 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on July 29, 2016, 02:58:31 PM

Fair play to garvaghey in that clip - lives up to the hype.... Wet and windy! 😂
The nearby windmills must produce some electricity up there

Boghopper

Tyrone for Sam Pomeroy dominated the first half and but for this clown jumping the wire would have had another two points. I understand completely Pomeroy's frustration and I know HP McGeary was furious with said clown.

I note that Tyroneforsam cannot accept my argument and know you won't regardless of what I say. What I have been told is that the at fault party gave verbally abused the linesman from the start of the second half. I have been told that the linesman told the culprit that enough was a enough and that he should shut the fcuk up!

I think its pathetic to use what happened in Portlaoise in 2012 as an argument to say sure they are renowned for causing trouble so they must have been involved. The game itself was a very clean game and there were no controversial incidents. It's like saying a convicted thief had to be guilty of a recent theft because of his past yet ignoring evidence which absolves him from any fault.

Getting back to evidence all that you have offered is assumption (he must have been provoked) and allegation without evidence (no proof of injury/bruising to corroborate injury).

Getting back to Portlaoise the rule book was thrown at us and we paid the ultimate price. In this instance we have the unusual instance were both teams were impeccably well behaved. We do though have an alleged suspended player who was not assaulted who jumped the wire and assaulted a man who never seen it coming and was joined by his mate.

I would be interested to know what action Pomeroy have taken against these individuals? If they were members of our club I would expect the committee to impose a life ban as they are liabilities and would only continue to sully the clubs name in the future.

I did not name anyone by their full name though I did mention a surname. If the surname is incorrect or the person involved does not have that surname then I apologise. If that is indeed the offenders surname then what is the issue.

Boghopper

Sorry for the lengthy responses!! It's almost worse than Emmerdale and Eastenders this carry on!! Having not seen any Junior ball this year who are the likely promotion candidates? I'm surprised Killeeshil and the Rock aren't doing better they must have lost a lot of players?

Tyroneforsam

Quote from: Boghopper on July 29, 2016, 07:34:05 PM
Tyrone for Sam Pomeroy dominated the first half and but for this clown jumping the wire would have had another two points. I understand completely Pomeroy's frustration and I know HP McGeary was furious with said clown.

I note that Tyroneforsam cannot accept my argument and know you won't regardless of what I say. What I have been told is that the at fault party gave verbally abused the linesman from the start of the second half. I have been told that the linesman told the culprit that enough was a enough and that he should shut the fcuk up!

I think its pathetic to use what happened in Portlaoise in 2012 as an argument to say sure they are renowned for causing trouble so they must have been involved. The game itself was a very clean game and there were no controversial incidents. It's like saying a convicted thief had to be guilty of a recent theft because of his past yet ignoring evidence which absolves him from any fault.

Getting back to evidence all that you have offered is assumption (he must have been provoked) and allegation without evidence (no proof of injury/bruising to corroborate injury).

Getting back to Portlaoise the rule book was thrown at us and we paid the ultimate price. In this instance we have the unusual instance were both teams were impeccably well behaved. We do though have an alleged suspended player who was not assaulted who jumped the wire and assaulted a man who never seen it coming and was joined by his mate.

I would be interested to know what action Pomeroy have taken against these individuals? If they were members of our club I would expect the committee to impose a life ban as they are liabilities and would only continue to sully the clubs name in the future.

I did not name anyone by their full name though I did mention a surname. If the surname is incorrect or the person involved does not have that surname then I apologise. If that is indeed the offenders surname then what is the issue.

Your making an awful lot of allegations but can't accept that a derrytresk member was involved in the incident. If you lot were as good at playing football as you are at making allegations you wouldn't be destined for junior football once again. You're blowing it totally out of all proportion, just get on with it, these type incidents happen week in week out.

Club Rossa

Errigal 3-17 Ardboe 3-12 in under 21 championship tonight.Brilliant performances from Sparky Kavanagh and McAnenely up front.

Boghopper

I can accept anything if presented with evidence to prove what is being alleged. I have stated facts you're the person making allegations, has any Pomeroy member an injury as a result of an assault? If we go to Junior so what we've been there before. We weren't too shabby in the championship last year in Galbally 😂 for a team who can't  play football.

clarshack

Quote from: Club Rossa on July 29, 2016, 09:51:57 PM
Errigal 3-17 Ardboe 3-12 in under 21 championship tonight.Brilliant performances from Sparky Kavanagh and McAnenely up front.

Was DD Mulgrew playing? That's us v Errigal in the semi on Tues nite.

Club Rossa

Aye DD was playing,just couldn't get him on the ball as much as we needed him to be.Errigals midfield very strong too.

KIDDO 4

Super game , excellent advert for Tyrone football compared to the actions which took place at several Tyrone gaa venues last weekend.

Tyroneforsam

Quote from: Boghopper on July 29, 2016, 09:54:18 PM
I can accept anything if presented with evidence to prove what is being alleged. I have stated facts you're the person making allegations, has any Pomeroy member an injury as a result of an assault? If we go to Junior so what we've been there before. We weren't too shabby in the championship last year in Galbally 😂 for a team who can't  play football.

I'm not making an allegation, two parties were involved, you can't keep denying that! These rows don't happen out of the blue and your club member instigated it, end of. You're the fella that's naming names and asking for men to be banned from football for life. Regarding our championship defeat, fair play the hungrier team won that day, but I'm certain that won't be happening again any time soon.

Boghopper

So you're saying its ok to jump the fence and strike a match official? You're making a presumption about what happened as it suits the narrative you're trying to present. I named a surname big deal and you have yet to correct me and say the surname is incorrect. I can accept I'm wrong. It's accepted your supporter verbally abused a mild mannered man to the point were he told him to fcuk up, a man can listen to only so much shite! If you feel the supporter who cleared a 4 ft fence ran at a man blind side and fractured his eye was justified because he was told to shut the fcuk up then you have a very skewed view of right and wrong. Equally if you think this guy doesn't deserve a ban from his own club for potentially costing his club league points and sullying Pomeroy's good name then you are an idiot. Have Pomeroy received a notification from the CCC yet?  Has your brave warrior who cleared the fence to strike a cowardly blow received his notification yet either?  Does it even register with this clown that what he did is a criminal offence? Wind your neck in Tyroneforsam.