Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Quote from: Redhandfan on September 09, 2007, 10:25:44 PM
I don't want to turn this into a slanging match between our two fine clubs, so let me finish by wishing you well for the rest of the season.  I suspect that we will both be meeting again in 2008, only this time in the bloody Intermediate grade!!!

fair enough - dont like childish slanging matches. depsite what happened the moy played very well although they were helped by a lot of 'school boy' defending on our part. unfortunately for us and other clubs coming into div 2 next year it looks as though the moy will be there as well and with all their county men available for each game there will be quite a few hidings dished out like yesterday. i've said it before and i'll say it again - somethings not right when the moy will be in intermediate in 2008 while 2 seriously lesser teams will leapfrog over them into the new division 1.

also good luck to the Moy in the kilmacud sevens this weekend!

clarshack

Quote from: snappiered on September 10, 2007, 11:18:59 AM
Edork were missing alot of regulars (as were ourselves) but they didnt seem interested and just more or less fuilfilled the fixture.

a lot of 1B teams are going to be like this in the last 5 or 6 games.

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: clarshack on September 10, 2007, 12:29:00 PM
Quote from: Redhandfan on September 09, 2007, 10:25:44 PM
I don't want to turn this into a slanging match between our two fine clubs, so let me finish by wishing you well for the rest of the season.  I suspect that we will both be meeting again in 2008, only this time in the bloody Intermediate grade!!!

fair enough - dont like childish slanging matches. depsite what happened the moy played very well although they were helped by a lot of 'school boy' defending on our part. unfortunately for us and other clubs coming into div 2 next year it looks as though the moy will be there as well and with all their county men available for each game there will be quite a few hidings dished out like yesterday. i've said it before and i'll say it again - somethings not right when the moy will be in intermediate in 2008 while 2 seriously lesser teams will leapfrog over them into the new division 1.

also good luck to the Moy in the kilmacud sevens this weekend!

Moy as a club should take one big long hard look at themselves...if the info I'm reading here is accurate ,it is a shame on their club, who have four Tyrone county players, is to be playing intermediate next year FFS, should catch themselves on...what sort of club are they anyway!

longball

Heard from an Errigal man that Canavan missed a 'handy' free on Friday nite that would have put one point between the teams? after the miss there heads dropped :o not often someone points the finger at Peter the Great

Division 2 ball

low scoring encounter in the Eskra and Greencasle game, any reports of who was good etc??
Good to see Augher gave mouthy Urney a stuffing! and Strabane beat Moortown which really tightens up the top of the league>> Eglish will be fancied to nick top spot now
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

ziggysego

Couldn't make it to the game yesterday longball, so unfortunately I've no real report of it.

I fancy Eglish taking the top spot now in Division 2, followed by Moortown and Greencastle. However we've a lot of tough games coming up now against Urney, Strabane and Augher.
Testing Accessibility

longball

Quote from: ziggysego on September 10, 2007, 01:17:17 PM
Couldn't make it to the game yesterday longball, so unfortunately I've no real report of it.

I fancy Eglish taking the top spot now in Division 2, followed by Moortown and Greencastle. However we've a lot of tough games coming up now against Urney, Strabane and Augher.

Greencasltle and Eskra have two of the best defences in the division so im not suprised it being a low scoring game. think most of the top 6 still have to play each other!!

Kentucky Blue

was at the game on Friday night in Omagh. Fair play to Donaghmore, they were deserving winners. Probably should have led by more at half time for all their possession.
In Niall McGinn they have a real livewire, very very pacy and prepared to run at his man at every opportunity, hit a few good free's too. Hughes in midfield went through a mountain of work, kind of reverted to a sweeping role at times and it worked well.

Was a pale shadow the Errigal team from last year. I suppose losing key players was a big factor too. Thought pascal canavan played well, still as brave as a lion and physically in very good order.Enda McGinley hit two very good points in the second half.

IMHO the ref was harsh on Donaghmore near the end and gave errigal every opportunity to get back into it. Canavan's late miss from a 21 yard free was surprising, had it went over and brought it to a point with a couple of mins to go id say they may have scraped a draw.

snappiered

Quote from: clarshack on September 10, 2007, 12:33:32 PM

Yeah alot of 1B teams dont have alot to play for now only pride. Looks like the 3rd place team in 1B will be playing Killeshil. They havnt been going well at all this season but they will definately give the play off a massive effort.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ziggysego on September 10, 2007, 01:17:17 PM
I fancy Eglish taking the top spot now in Division 2, followed by Moortown and Greencastle.

God Bless your belief Ziggy!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ziggysego

Got to live in hope Fear. Plus, looking for revenge against Strabane ;-)
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

Who will end up in the playoffs for 1a  -from 1b - Trillick, Kildress, Loughmacrory ?? Kileeshil didn't even turn up y'day against Cookstown - Omagh appear to be in difficulty as well.

Gabriel_Hurl

Utter utter shock when I heard the news about young Patrick on Saturday

Thoughts and prayers go out to fellow players, mentors, school friends and family of all the young lads at this horrible time

Rest In Peace

longball

Just heard from a boy in my office that plays soccer that Packie McConnell is signing for his club Dergview! he wants to know what age Packie is, can anybody inform me his DOB??

clarshack

Quote from: snappiered on September 10, 2007, 02:19:52 PM
Quote from: clarshack on September 10, 2007, 12:33:32 PM

Yeah alot of 1B teams dont have alot to play for now only pride. Looks like the 3rd place team in 1B will be playing Killeshil. They havnt been going well at all this season but they will definately give the play off a massive effort.

division 2 will be the only league where a good few teams will be competing right to the end.

rrhf

What a tragic week for 2 clubs in Tyrone football.  My sympathies to the families and friends of young Packie Breen and Patrick Devlin.  Absolutely shocking.