Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

time ticking away

Quote from: Club boi on April 20, 2015, 09:06:26 PM
Quote from: tiempo on April 20, 2015, 06:44:15 PM
Quote from: The Bearded One on April 20, 2015, 04:40:31 PM
The Tyrone website is showing Round 3 fixtures going ahead this weekend followed by ROUND 7 games the following week. I would love to know the logic behind jumping from Round 3 to Round 7?

Going off a website with not one clue for those running teams or players from one week to the next what is happening
If McNulty is carrying a knock and played less than 24 hours after an AI-U21 semi final for Clonoe that is a joke, they aren't exactly struggling for quality players
Omagh will be grand, they have a huge squad to fall back on and any senior football played by the supporting cast while the big hitters are unavailable could benefit them later in the year, although they are particulary hard hit

Some Clonoe haters on here lol. So if Mc Nulty is "carrying" a back injury but it's ok to play for the county U-21's and not his club!!!!

This the same county that when he was with the seniors last year or year before he injured said back, then got dropped and the same county washed their hands off him from local reports

Club had to put him through all his rehab........

Any Clonoe posters confirm or deny this story??
So you reckon a league game in April is as important as an All Ireland U21 semi final. Maybe he shouldn't have played on Saturday to keep himself right for the league game on Sunday.
Is this the same league that Clonoe apparently didn't care about last year after they were knocked out of the championship.
Anyways its irrelavent who the club is. If they have sufficient cover (and Clonoe do), maybe the best thing to do would have been to give the lad a break.
Any Clonoe posters on here care to give their opinion or has Damian taken all your tongues
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

Red Hand Man

I'm not a Clonoe man, but surely the issue is that Cassidy wants to play with his full team to prepare for the imminent championship match.  It's not about whether or not he has sufficient cover.

How is this so hard to grasp?

The early championship means that clubs can't adequately prepare.  This is why this pressure cooker scenario exists.

Again, why the need for an early championship?

Agendas at play.

redzone

redhandman i get the impression u hav alot to get of ure chest so just spill it all out.

time ticking away

Quote from: Red Hand Man on April 20, 2015, 09:40:09 PM
I'm not a Clonoe man, but surely the issue is that Cassidy wants to play with his full team to prepare for the imminent championship match.  It's not about whether or not he has sufficient cover.

The early championship means that clubs can't adequately prepare.  This is why this pressure cooker scenario exists.

Agendas at play.
Wrong !!!
You have an agenda as much as anyone does. Its about doing the right thing for each player in question. Trillick with limited resources went to Ardboe and played without two of their best players. Chances were they were going to lose without them but they still did the right thing by their players. Just because the county board doesn't give a sh1t about the clubs championship preparations it does not give managers a right to abuse players

Red Hand Man

You're admitting that the county board don't give a shit about the clubs championship preparations, but direct your criticism at club managers?

What's the point.

time ticking away

Maybe you're right, maybe two wrongs do make a right  :o???

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: time ticking away on April 20, 2015, 09:50:11 PM
Quote from: Red Hand Man on April 20, 2015, 09:40:09 PM

Agendas at play.
Wrong !!!
You have an agenda as much as anyone does. Its about doing the right thing for each player in question. Trillick with limited resources went to Ardboe and played without two of their best players. Chances were they were going to lose without them but they still did the right thing by their players. Just because the county board doesn't give a sh1t about the clubs championship preparations it does not give managers a right to abuse players

Does it not make sense that the club, and its manager did the right thing by giving a lad almost a year out to properly recover from an injury he got at senior county football.

Then they go on to make an assessment that he was fit to play for 40 mins yesterday so the team can get used to playing with each other?

Having the luxury to arguably get away in a league game without him isn't much help if we're beat in first round of championship in a few weeks because of lack of preparation.
First on the field and last to leave

Red Hand Man

Look, i fully agree that no player should be asked to play on consecutive days.  It is absolute madness.  I'm asking you to step back and examine why it's happening.

If the first round of the championship was in August, do you think clubs like Clonoe would be so insistent about using their players?  Do you think these clubs would rely on their "sufficient cover" to get through these few weeks? 

I would say that they would be a lot more accommodating if the pressure of an imminent championship match was taken away.

Why are the CCC so insistent on an early round?  A better question.  How much real discussion regarding the timing of the championship has been had by the CCC as a group?

Check it out and come back to me.

Who is really making the BIG decisions that affect all our club players, and now our most successful county team?

Are these decisions been taken without any agenda to suit their own interests?

The whole county is fucked at the behest of one man, and the majority are spending their time arguing over the crumbs falling from the table. 

I, for one, am questioning any ongoing support financially and otherwise for all things Tyrone, until decisions are made in the best interests of the clubs, and players.

time ticking away

Quote from: Red Hand Man on April 20, 2015, 10:19:16 PM
Look, i fully agree that no player should be asked to play on consecutive days.  It is absolute madness.  I'm asking you to step back and examine why it's happening.

If the first round of the championship was in August, do you think clubs like Clonoe would be so insistent about using their players?  Do you think these clubs would rely on their "sufficient cover" to get through these few weeks? 

I would say that they would be a lot more accommodating if the pressure of an imminent championship match was taken away.

Why are the CCC so insistent on an early round?  A better question.  How much real discussion regarding the timing of the championship has been had by the CCC as a group?

Who is really making the BIG decisions that affect all our club players, and now our most successful county team?

The whole county is fucked at the behest of one man, and the majority are spending their time arguing over the crumbs falling from the table. 

I, for one, am questioning any ongoing support financially and otherwise for all things Tyrone, until decisions are made in the best interests of the clubs, and players.
who is this man of whom you speak

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: Red Hand Man on April 20, 2015, 09:55:14 PM
You're admitting that the county board don't give a shit about the clubs championship preparations, but direct your criticism at club managers?

What's the point.

The only thing our glorious ccc clearly care about is themselves. The only thing we care about is ourselves, the only thing youse care about is your vested interests and the only thing the u21 management care about is themselves, except the u21 management can't do anything about it as the ccc have shafted them and this weekend league games are going to be the biggest shafting any county management team in Tyrone have ever had. Into the bargain there is some thrash talk on here. Facts are Mc Nulty hurt his back with Tyrone senior squad who duely dumped him off the sen panel and a back injury that finished his season in May. Our club ook after him, as we do with all our players. Our players come first in the club. He hasn't played with us since last May until last Saturday V Greencastle, we now have two league games left where we will have a full squad, Sunday past against Carrickmore and one other game before our two county players are not allowed play by said county management who left Big Dan high and dry last year. I can hear Shane Coney or PJ Lavery having a good laugh to themselves when they hear this tripe about playing two games in two days, when they did it for years whilst playing Irish league soccer on a Saturday and then playing for us in Sunday. Anyhow he didn't play those full games as he was taken off ten minutes into the second half in each game.
But taking all your concerns into account, I will attend our next club meeting and explain how you are all so disappointed that we played our players in a league game at the behest of the CCCs instance of playing league football a day after the u21 match and Sen championship in few weeks time, no doubt they will share your concerns and immediately replace our manager.

Red Hand Man

Quote from: time ticking away on April 20, 2015, 10:36:26 PM
Quote from: Red Hand Man on April 20, 2015, 10:19:16 PM

who is this man of whom you speak

You're no Sherlock Holmes, are you?

time ticking away

No im not. Enlighten me wise one

time ticking away

And you started posting tonight giving out about people with agendas... the irony

time ticking away

Also, clonoe play coalisland in the championship in 6 or 7 weeks. Coalisland didn't play Hampsey yesterday. Does this mean that the coalisland management dont care as much about their club as the clonoe management do... lol

Red Hand Man

Mr Michael Kerr, chairman of the CCC, from the Carrickmore club who remain unaffected by any of these goings on. 

Clear enough?