Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pharoch Phantom

Mulgrew in Kildress...no county men...no one out at training...all is well in the town.

ONeill

Mulgrew  not playing for the Tones I'm told.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Christmas Lights

Why on earth would Mulgrew play for Kildress anyway?

Knock Yer Mucker In

I see that once again the teamtalk website has no report to make about our u21 team getting to the Ulster final, same last week, no comment either. Unfortunately we have become accustomed to this treatment from teamtalk, don't really know what the reason for this is, but it is something that has been noticed around the club for a while now. As far as I know they got a verbal volley after the semi final win over Errigal last season in the senior championship for the same reason. Surely if they can find time for the Ulster league (ie pre season friendlies), or some u16 girls league etc, they could at least make reference to the fact that we are in the Ulster final on their main page.

Pharoch Phantom

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on February 24, 2014, 02:01:00 PM
I see that once again the teamtalk website has no report to make about our u21 team getting to the Ulster final, same last week, no comment either. Unfortunately we have become accustomed to this treatment from teamtalk, don't really know what the reason for this is, but it is something that has been noticed around the club for a while now. As far as I know they got a verbal volley after the semi final win over Errigal last season in the senior championship for the same reason. Surely if they can find time for the Ulster league (ie pre season friendlies), or some u16 girls league etc, they could at least make reference to the fact that we are in the Ulster final on their main page.

You're right Mucker it's time we all started buying the Tyrone Courier

shezam

http://teamtalkmag.com/archives/27369

Redhand Santa

http://teamtalkmag.com/archives/27369

Teamtalkmag provide excellent coverage locally and deserve great credit for their service.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Eventually[/b]

They do just that, no disputing that, but they no reference to last weeks victory at all last week in which Mc Clure got MOTM with a victory over a Patrick Mc Bearty led Kilcar. Cormac Covery actually got the MOTM award yesterday, but we'll forgive them that error, looks like they must read this board as well, good to see they listen, well done.

shezam

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on February 24, 2014, 10:06:25 PM
Eventually[/b]

They do just that, no disputing that, but they no reference to last weeks victory at all last week in which Mc Clure got MOTM with a victory over a Patrick Mc Bearty led Kilcar. Cormac Covery actually got the MOTM award yesterday, but we'll forgive them that error, looks like they must read this board as well, good to see they listen, well done.

Its more they depend on someone providing them a match report, very hard for them to be everywhere.

Norf Tyrone

In fairness a lot of their reports on U16 girls games for example are sent in by active PROs, and the Ulster League reports are just a round up with no detail. With Ulster and Tyrone U21s in action on Sunday, they may not have had the resources to cover Clonoe too.

Perhaps your PRO could assist them when these things happen?

However as I say, they have a report up there from yesterday, so not sure what the issue is!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Wee Roddy

Was thinking along these lines myself. From what I can gather they are a couple of men providing a service that costs quite a bit to run. They all have their full time jobs. You would think they were paying journalists to go and cover these games to hear you

redhandloo

Well said lads.  The easiest thing to do is to blame!! Teamtalk offer a sevice that is without equal in other counties. IMO they equally cater for club, school and county.  As someone said, there is only so much they can do.  Tyrone under 21s were playing, the Railway cup final was on, the camogie team was out, there was a MacRory match on the Saturday.  You can't divide yourself!! The Teamtalk AllStars night was a wonderful occasion and reflected the vibrant state of club football in Tyrone.  It's petty to take the easy option and say 'What about us?'. The under 21 game was online yesterday so what's the problem?
Rant over.
Tough times don't last, tough people do!

trileacman

The problem is Clonoe men, there always the one being shafted by team-talk/Mickey Harte/the county board. The greatest victims in Tyrone GAA.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Wee Roddy

It is something Cassidy has created? A siege mentality! I find it quite tiresome.  It may be good for his senior team but it is no way to run a club from the top down. In the mid late 90s Mickey Moran from Derry done the same with Carrickmore apparently despite the fact that they had 6 county seniors. It was successful on the field but many off these players still resent the hierarchy of Tyrone football. Corrigan done the same in the mid noughties. It will wear off on the players and people will come to resent the club in the end up. Clonoe have the players and youth coming through. They have no call to be at this at all.

orangeman

I've said it before and I'll say it again. But for the lads in Teamtalk mag, GAA coverage in Tyrone would be a lot poorer and we should be eternally grateful and appreciative for all that they do.

Ok, there'll be the odd wee slip up. But in the vast, vast majority of cases, the coverage is excellent.