Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NDA

Under 7 day rule minors couldn't play on Sunday. Clearly a mistake on behalf of fixtures planners games should have been played on Friday night.

NDA

Official guide says 7 day rule for minors I just checked.

NDA

Another example of CCC incompetence which really is nothing new. Only 8 rounds of adult games played at the end of July. If Tyrone teams progress in c'ship club league and c'ship will never be finished. This really needs to be sorted as clubs and club players are suffering

Norf Tyrone

Is 7 days not inclusive of the day of the game, so they could play?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

NDA

7 clear days, senior rule is clear 13 days. Given that minors were scheduled to play on either Saturday 3rd or Sunday 4th August. Obvious thing to do was play adult games on Friday so minors could play for clubs, also this would allow people to go to game in Croke park on Saturday and make a weekend of it if they wanted.
CCC just seem to make up fixtures as they go along from 1 week to the next with no plan or regard for clubs, players, supporters and when they make a mess blame somebody else.

stringbean

NDA,
Completely agree, the way the average Tyrone club football player is treated is an absolute disgrace! Here we are on a Monday and have no idea what the fixtures are going to work over coming weeks. In all likelihood will be rushed in as usual and the league completely devalued. As for games being called off for minors, think the line has to be drawn somewhere and club games played irrespective and I'm coming from a club which has minors!

NDA

Clubs were informed by email a couple of weeks ago that there would be a round of starred fixtures this weekend, despite the fact that the all ireland QFs were on that same weekend, now it's looks like there will be no club games because county minors are playing on sunday.
Last weekend clubs were told by CCC that adult games had to be played on Sunday and the official guide states that adult games couldn't be moved or called off because of county minors.
This week there will probably be no adult games because of county minors playing on sunday!
CCC are just making it up as they go along. Clubs need regular games that they can plan for. County fixtures are released at the start of the year it can't be that hard to plan around them so ordinary club players get regular football.

NDA

In 2013 to date Tyrone senior team has played maybe 18 games? (5 McKenna Cup, 9 NFL and 4 c'ship).
Ordinary club players in Tyrone have played 8 league games and have absolutely no idea what the schedule will be. And there was a crazy U21 competition played when club league games should have been played.
Most likely club players will be playing vital games in brutal conditions in the depths of winter. Does this make any sense? Certainly it doesn't to me. CCC in Tyrone need to take responsibility for this mess.

clarshack

Fixtures for the period ending on Sunday 18th August:

Friday 9th August
Div 1,2 & 3 ACL and Reserve  Round 7

Sunday 11th August
Div 1,2 & 3 ACL and Reserve Round 8

Friday 16th August
Div 1,2 & 3 ACL and Reserve Starred  Round 4

Sunday 18th August
Junior and Senior Hurling Finals
Plus
Dromore v Cookstown ACL Round 6
Killeeshil v Castlederg ACL and Reserve Round 3

blewuporstuffed

so 2 games in the space of 7  weeks followed by 3 in a week

jesus wept.

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

blewuporstuffed

also, why is that dromore v cookstown game being replayed?? dromore winning easy when the game was abandoned in the dying minutes.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Up The Middle

Hardly surprising, just proves what we have known all along, the county board couldnt give 2 f**Ks about club players.

Player burnout is clearly only an issue for county players.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

tyroneboi

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 30, 2013, 03:00:30 PM
also, why is that dromore v cookstown game being replayed?? dromore winning easy when the game was abandoned in the dying minutes.

By the look of that Cookstown have 5 games in 2 weeks as they play the Fianna this Sunday. Crazy schedule!

Though as you say - Dromore were well ahead with around 10mins to play so not sure how or why that is being played again. I think even Cookstown at the time thought the points were Dromores.

Radda bout yeee

Two fixtures are better than none in my opinion!

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: clarshack on July 30, 2013, 02:48:27 PM
Friday 16th August
Div 1,2 & 3 ACL and Reserve Starred  Round 4

Has round 4 not already been played?