Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Yeah supposedly he's not the best goalie in edendork.

Norf Tyrone

Not often I enjoy a GAA match where my side lost, but a cracking game on a great evening tonight for Errigal minors against our own lads at Pairc and Ghleanna.

Probably says something about us when one of Tyrone's most decorated Clubs comes to Glenmornan and celebrates profusely a one point win.

Two decent sides, going at it full tilt in a sporting manner. Very enjoyable.

http://www.owenroe-leckpatrick.ie/viewReport.php?fixtureid=603
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

bogball88

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 01, 2013, 10:51:33 PM
Not often I enjoy a GAA match where my side lost, but a cracking game on a great evening tonight for Errigal minors against our own lads at Pairc and Ghleanna.

Probably says something about us when one of Tyrone's most decorated Clubs comes to Glenmornan and celebrates profusely a one point win.

On the topic of minors-just wanted to see what the general policy for clubs playing minors for seniors and reserves is? Our own club manager has refused to allow any minor players to train with the seniors or reserves or play any games-which is inhibiting our ability to field a half decent reserve team. Any other clubs having this problem?

Walter Cronc

Who is favourites for the Minor A grade in Tyrone this year?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: bogball88 on May 02, 2013, 09:15:02 AM

On the topic of minors-just wanted to see what the general policy for clubs playing minors for seniors and reserves is? Our own club manager has refused to allow any minor players to train with the seniors or reserves or play any games-which is inhibiting our ability to field a half decent reserve team. Any other clubs having this problem?

We have a policy rule where we don't allow 16 year olds (Over age for juvenile football) to field at senior or reserve, and I know some parents are hesitant about allowing their lads to tog out at 17.

However with a real drain on players at the minute, we will be getting some pressure to ease back on that policy a bit.

bogball88

I think the GAA now has a policy where u16s are not allowed to play at all for seniors or reserves. But I was specifically thinking of those players over 16, especially those in their last year of minors. I know as a small rural club struggling with numbers we would be crying out to have those players tog out with us on a Sunday-even if they only trained with the minors. Funny thing is, when said manager was previously managing our senior team he insisted on having access to certain minor players-teachers eh! ::)
With regards players having work and exam pressures- I can remember being in my last year of U16 and comming home from school training after 6, getting a bite to eat at home before togging out again for senior training! Can also vividly remember playing school games on a Saturday afternoon and then playing for seniors in the afternoon time, all be it in challenge games-seems a bit crazy looking back at it, but at the time i could not get enough! In terms of school work it didn't really hinder my performance, but in saying that, I'm presently sitting in a public sector job, nursing a groogy/hungover head from the bot and thompsons last night from my attempts of trying to relive my student days  ;D

EC Unique

We play minors regulary on our senior reserve team.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: EC Unique on May 02, 2013, 10:38:50 AM
we would have them on our reserve team/squad alot aswell.
however we would try and use them sparingly and if there are older players who are training available , they would typically get reserve football first
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Knock Yer Mucker In

A parish and club the size of Errigal playing minors on a reserve team, a club that fields three adult teams. Get away with you. :o

EC Unique

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on May 02, 2013, 11:00:50 AM

A parish and club the size of Errigal playing minors on a reserve team, a club that fields three adult teams. Get away with you. :o

We field 4 adult teams. The reason we field minors on the senior reserve team is that the older players are either in the seniors or play in the division 3 seniors/reserves. Without using minors in the senior reserves we would struggle to field all teams.

EC Unique

Our lads were well up for that match Norf. They knew it would be a big test. Would I be right in saying your team made the Championship final at U16 level?

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: EC Unique on May 02, 2013, 11:20:42 AM

We field 4 adult teams. The reason we field minors on the senior reserve team is that the older players are either in the seniors or play in the division 3 seniors/reserves. Without using minors in the senior reserves we would struggle to field all teams.

Our parish fields 8 adult teams  ;)

bogball88

Anyone know when the minor league quarter finals are scheduled for?

LeoMc

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on May 02, 2013, 01:13:35 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on May 02, 2013, 11:20:42 AM

Our parish fields 8 adult teams  ;)

I have always thought that parish / regional teams are the way to go for the championships (a la Kerry). Any non Senior clubs within the parish / region would amalgamate for the championship as well as playing in their own grade separately.
As Clonoe and Derrylaughan are Senior it would leave a Brocagh / Derrytresk combination. Would the row start in the changing room or on the field?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: EC Unique on May 02, 2013, 11:22:03 AM

Our lads were well up for that match Norf. They knew it would be a big test. Would I be right in saying your team made the Championship final at U16 level?

Yeah, but it was the grade 2 Championship final. Stewartstown won the Championship that year, and Pomeroy the league.

Errigal's were getting 4 scores from 5 chances last night where-by we were generating the same chances but only getting 3 scores. That was the difference last night.