Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Our Club minors have had 1 game in 8 weeks, and hard to know when the show will get back on the road if the minors beat Meath at the weekend.

I thought the CCC got fixtures almost spot on last year, sticking fairly well to the schedule. However it appears to have gone backwards this year again!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

The Trap

The boys at the top had to wait to see when the minors were playing and then fit the poor old clubs around them. Sure clubs just lie back and take whatever is thrown at them! Saturday afternoon Moortown travel to Carrickmore, Eglish to Omagh, Edendork to Dromore, Derrylaughan to Greencastle, Ardboe to Trillick, Kileeshil to Aghyaran, Strabane to Derrytresk, Gortin to Rock. How many people will have to take a day off work? They are only good for making them money in the club championship so that the minors can push for another useless All Ireland, playing havoc with minor, under 21, reserve and senior club football in the process. Not even allowed to play THEIR players half the time, or have them at training.........Is it any wonder the county team is getting hammered every year now, where do they think the players come from in the first place? Any chance of anybody standing up for club football?????????????????????

Aaron Boone

Minors stopping club football fixtures is mad; was last year & will be next year. Wouldn't describe the AI's the way you have Trap.

caraghtyrone

A little common sense from the CCC!
Suits on this occasion but this is the 2nd time in 24hrs the fixture has been amended? Is it fair to assume thats its concrete now?

A chara
Please note that the starting times of Saturday's Div 1 and 2  matches
have been put back to 5pm and 6.30pm.

rrhf

Going forward next season will there be starred games for minors

Bring back club football

The lack of frequent games for club players is turning into a farce in Tyrone.

Bad enough to have the county senior management dictating when games can be played but for county minor and u21s to do the same as has allegedly happened this year is getting beyond a joke.

The start of the club senior leagues was put back at the behest of the Tyrone U21 management.  The same management have started training in preparation for 2013.  No that's not a mistake they are started already for 2013. They must be following the lead of the senior team who started into an intense regime back in October 2011 in preparation for this year. The U21 club championship used to be a very good competition, in the last number of seasons it has descended into a farce with scheduling and non completion.

A quick look at the Tyrone web site indicates that club minor teams have not had a competitive game in 6-8 weeks.  Some way to develop young footballers and keep them interested.  I see posters suggesting that county minors have been encouraged not to train or play for their clubs, I have heard this story as well too.  There is plenty of noise coming out of the movers and shakers in Tyrone coaching about elite players, their overuse etc but are they practising what they preach? Interestingly, these players can't train or play for their clubs but can be trained by the county team the day after a county minor game.

Sadly the development and provision of a consistant schedule of games for the majority of young players in Tyrone is far removed from the minds of many within the Tyrone county board.  Their focus is primarily on Garvaghey, elite player development in development and county minor, U21 and senior squads with the majority of club players simply poor relations.

Wee Roddy

Now you are making up stuff to suit. I agree with your sentiments regards club football suffering and games shouldnt be called off but stop telling lies about the U21 management having the team train already! Have sense.

Moortown Spuds

Hashtag

Quote from: Wee Roddy on August 02, 2012, 12:13:22 PM
Now you are making up stuff to suit. I agree with your sentiments regards club football suffering and games shouldnt be called off but stop telling lies about the U21 management having the team train already! Have sense.

They have started. Early like. Shocking stuff.

Wee Roddy

Moortown Spuds

Oh yes they have!

Pantomine stuff here. Class.

laceer

AFAIK they carried out some tests on core strength etc with a view to giving the players personalised fitness programmes for when the club season finishes. No training yet

NDA

As far as I know Laceer is correct the U21s had one get together to give individual programmes, they are not training regularly.
Club football leagues in Tyrone shouldn't be delayed or moved because of county minors. There are around 2000 adult club players in the county and no adult games should be called off or rescheduled because of thirty or so 17 and 18 year old boys. Let the young lads get on with playing at their own age group and have the honour of representing their county and let the adult leagues continue on without them if necessary. Senior teams shouldn't be dependant on young boys to win games for them.
Personally I like league games on Saturday evening so I can get out for a beer on a Saturday night. Midweek league games are very difficult because of players working away from home etc. And the club championship starts next weekend so clubs won't want to play too close to that.
Underage club football has been a mess this year and the new format of trying to play all age groups at the same time hasn't worked. Minor club football has been delayed because of exams, holidays, county minors, and U-16 football which is on at present so all the blame for delays can't be given entirely to county teams. The adult championship starts next weekend and this will delay minor club football as well as clubs won't play minor games the same week as adult championship!
Anyway best of luck to the county minors at the weekend and I hope they win an another All Ireland because I think winning minors is still extremely important for the county.

Bring back club football

I was told by a few different people that the Trone U21s had started to train in preparation for 2013, a few other posters seemed to be of that opinion too.  Apologies if that is not the case but obviously they have started some type of preparations.  The way things are headed you could very possibly see a scenario in the not too distant future where Tyrone clubs will soon no longer have access at all to any of their county players who will just be part of elite/county squads all year round.
Just to clarify I support Tyrone as much as the next man and appreciate its impossible to keep all parties happy but I support the club first and foremost.  Why do these county teams need to have complete control over these players and hold the season to ransom for the vast majority of the rest?  Is it to make these managers feel in control?  Is it because other counties do it? Whatever the reason its not promoting club football in a favourable light.

Norf Tyrone

No senior fixture for 4 weeks, and we restart the gap with a Championship game with Brackaville who are not coming from a cold start.

The odds of winning for us are very slim, but still, you'd expect a sporting chance.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone