Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RandyDupree

Is there a game before the sfc in pomeroy tomorrow? Any word on what the admission price will be?

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: RandyDupree on October 08, 2011, 09:30:20 PM
Is there a game before the sfc in pomeroy tomorrow? Any word on what the admission price will be?

Gortin v Kildress in Intermediate Reserve Final @ 2.45pm. Main game @ 4.30pm.

Will be £8 in going by todays game.

barelegs

I'm not sure if this has been posted anywhere else, if it is apologies. It appears there was a bit of controversy in the Killyman Strabane game. Eugene McConnell (who else) awarding a stoppage time penalty to Strabane to allow them to win 2-9 to 0-14. Unsurprisingly the Killyman folk didn't agree with the decision that ultimately relegated them. Anyone at the match?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: barelegs on October 09, 2011, 01:44:18 PM
I'm not sure if this has been posted anywhere else, if it is apologies. It appears there was a bit of controversy in the Killyman Strabane game. Eugene McConnell (who else) awarding a stoppage time penalty to Strabane to allow them to win 2-9 to 0-14. Unsurprisingly the Killyman folk didn't agree with the decision that ultimately relegated them. Anyone at the match?

From what I heard it was fairly clear cut now, but that was Strabane's version. I suppose the truth is somewhere in between!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

clarshack

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 08, 2011, 03:59:20 PM
Quote from: clarshack on October 08, 2011, 03:22:56 PM
stewartstown won u-16 grade 2 league final by 2 points

Lucky b*****ds.

Best team won (Just about). Fair play to yous. Denied us an U14, U16, minor treble! Gutted.

i thought we were beaten with 10 mins left but we came back well. it could have went either way. yous have some good players coming through and i've no doubt owen roes will be back challenging for promotion in the next 2-3 years.

Family guy

Mc connell is a gypo and will never change,prob drive home with an aul grin on his face knowing that he cost controversey

clarshack

dont think it was the wisest decision to get the youth officer of the county board to referee a relegation playoff involving the chairman of the county board's club. who appoints these referees? is it one individual or do a group of people get together at the start of each week and appoint them? whoever it is, they seem to be lacking common sense in a lot of these appointments.

Up The Middle

Mcconnell is an idiot on a power trip always has been always will be, it astounds me that he keeps getting games.

He will probably get the senior final now.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Wasn't at the game, but glad that we've emerged on the right side of that result. JP still had to bury that penalty.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ExcellentDriver

ie. The Spawn of Satan. ;)
Stand up for the Ulstermen!

ExcellentDriver

Quote from: Mac Eoghain on October 09, 2011, 01:50:42 PM
Moortown won 0-9 to 0-6

I have said before that I would like to see Moortown stay up as that might be the kick up the Ar$e the Ardboe Board need to start actively developing the Young lads. Take Conan Campbell for example, the Ardboe Board wouldn't allow him adequate Insurance Cover after he was assaulted in Cookstown by his Uncle (feud between his Dad's Family and his Mum's Family). It's not like the Forbes or the Teagues don't have the Money. ::)
Stand up for the Ulstermen!

Family guy

Quote from: hardstation on October 09, 2011, 03:59:27 PM
The world doesn't need to know about these private family feuds and Im sure the family wouldn't be very happy about you spreading shite about them. A wee bit of cop on ffs.

Well said

inthesystem

The standard of refereeing in this county seems to be ridiculous. And McConnell seems to be in the midst of the controversy all the time. But if its a penalty its a penalty, doesnt matter whether its the first minute or the last minute. Now i wasnt at the game so I dont know if it was a pen or not (and chances are we'll never know cuz anyone at the game will have their teams version to tell us) but if it was a pern then it has to be given. He did give Killyman a chance to equalise.

McConnell was one of the linesmen at the Galbally game last week and seemed to always want to get involved and call the referee over all the time. I just hope Micky McCarron quits refereein. hes rubbish. By the way, anyone know how Mickey Murphys appeal went??

twenty one yard free

Quote from: ExcellentDriver on October 09, 2011, 03:52:58 PM
Quote from: Mac Eoghain on October 09, 2011, 01:50:42 PM
Moortown won 0-9 to 0-6

I have said before that I would like to see Moortown stay up as that might be the kick up the Ar$e the Ardboe Board need to start actively developing the Young lads. Take Conan Campbell for example, the Ardboe Board wouldn't allow him adequate Insurance Cover after he was assaulted in Cookstown by his Uncle (feud between his Dad's Family and his Mum's Family). It's not like the Forbes or the Teagues don't have the Money. ::)
DESMOND enoughs enough
time an a place for this and its not here

Family guy

Quote from: inthesystem on October 09, 2011, 04:25:01 PM
The standard of refereeing in this county seems to be ridiculous. And McConnell seems to be in the midst of the controversy all the time. But if its a penalty its a penalty, doesnt matter whether its the first minute or the last minute. Now i wasnt at the game so I dont know if it was a pen or not (and chances are we'll never know cuz anyone at the game will have their teams version to tell us) but if it was a pern then it has to be given. He did give Killyman a chance to equalise.

McConnell was one of the linesmen at the Galbally game last week and seemed to always want to get involved and call the referee over all the time. I just hope Micky McCarron quits refereein. hes rubbish. By the way, anyone know how Mickey Murphys appeal went??

I heard its on thursday night,hopefuly he gets in overturned,im sure kildress would want to win it with him playing if there to win it