Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hashtag

Rahilly's have a great panel of players. They have only lost one reserve game in something like 3 years. Amazing feat that. I install them as favourites for this years O'Neill Cup.

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: aChairde on September 26, 2011, 03:19:56 PM
The championship is very well set up now. Dromore and Omagh both are showing some great form and if the weather holds up that could be an absolute cracker. The winners will in my opinion be facing a Clonoe who will cruise past Derrylaughen.  Derrylaughen have done well to beat two teams in or around their own level but simply wont be able to match an extremely well balanced Clonoe side. I genuinely don't see any glarring weaknesses in their team. Think Clonoe will win it (much as it pains me to say it with their arrogent approach) and I just hope Derrylaughen can leave the field in that semi without being completely humiliated.

how big is that chip on your shoulder? lets know what club you are from, or are you generally just a cynic and begrudger? No sign of arrogance yesterday just sheer heart and determination. well done to the lads and to carrickmore for playing their part in such an intriguing battle
First on the field and last to leave

blackball

Quote from: Hashtag on September 26, 2011, 09:00:10 PM
Rahilly's have a great panel of players. They have only lost one reserve game in something like 3 years. Amazing feat that. I install them as favourites for this years O'Neill Cup.
They have only lost 1 championship game since 2007 they have lost a fair few league games in that time I think.

ExcellentDriver

Again, our inability to avoid conceding a Goal let us down. Dromore are ruthless in attack. However, I don't think any Club that knocked Ardboe out of the Championship went on to win the O'Neill Cup that year (bar Dromore in the 2009 Final, obviously). Perhaps Omagh might shade the Semi, but they'll have to do it first time round as Dromore never lose a Replay.

Clonoe have done the hard part, but if they think the Semi against Derrylaughan is simply a matter of turning up then they might get turned over. Anything can happen in a Parish Derby. It's simply a case of who wants it more.
Stand up for the Ulstermen!

winghalfback

Quote from: blackball on September 27, 2011, 09:05:52 AM
They have only lost 1 championship game since 2007 they have lost a fair few league games in that time I think.
[/quote

how many constitutes a fair few because from my memory they have not lost to many.

Up The Middle

Clonoe will not be taking Derrylaughan lightly, they are were they are on merit, there aint a hope in hell that Cassidy will allow complacency to creep in at this stage.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

blackball

Quote from: winghalfback on September 27, 2011, 10:03:05 AM
Quote from: blackball on September 27, 2011, 09:05:52 AM
[/quote

how many constitutes a fair few because from my memory they have not lost to many.
Well they lost 4 last year anyway, its on tyronegaa.ie they finished 6th in the league, and I cant remember clonoe winning any reserve leagues recently so they must have had a few defeats every year wouldnt be sure of an exact number. I am not taking anything away from them they are still a top reserve team.

aChairde

Quote from: wheres he takin er from on September 26, 2011, 10:48:03 PM
The championship is very well set up now. Dromore and Omagh both are showing some great form and if the weather holds up that could be an absolute cracker. The winners will in my opinion be facing a Clonoe who will cruise past Derrylaughen.  Derrylaughen have done well to beat two teams in or around their own level but simply wont be able to match an extremely well balanced Clonoe side. I genuinely don't see any glarring weaknesses in their team. Think Clonoe will win it (much as it pains me to say it with their arrogent approach) and I just hope Derrylaughen can leave the field in that semi without being completely humiliated.

how big is that chip on your shoulder? lets know what club you are from, or are you generally just a cynic and begrudger? No sign of arrogance yesterday just sheer heart and determination. well done to the lads and to carrickmore for playing their part in such an intriguing battle

Just calling it as I see it. Not a local by birth but most of my closest friends play for Coalisland and I would tend to follow them. I have no personal axe to grind with Clonoe so there is no sense of clan rivalry. Ive said they are very well balanced and are extremely fit and will also admit that their workrate is immense and they also have a brilliant manager. I genuinely believe they will win the championship. My only criticism is their arrogance (Shane O'Hagan being the perfect example) but then that is often an ingredient needed to succeed so you really have no need to be so sensitive to such a minor issue>

Up The Middle

Quote from: aChairde on September 27, 2011, 10:52:34 AM

Just calling it as I see it. Not a local by birth but most of my closest friends play for Coalisland and I would tend to follow them. I have no personal axe to grind with Clonoe so there is no sense of clan rivalry. Ive said they are very well balanced and are extremely fit and will also admit that their workrate is immense and they also have a brilliant manager. I genuinely believe they will win the championship. My only criticism is their arrogance (Shane O'Hagan being the perfect example) but then that is often an ingredient needed to succeed so you really have no need to be so sensitive to such a minor issue>

You clearly have a very big axe to grind when you are going as far as naming individual players. The word jealously springs to mind.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

aChairde

Quote from: Up The Middle on September 27, 2011, 11:06:09 AM
Quote from: aChairde on September 27, 2011, 10:52:34 AM

You clearly have a very big axe to grind when you are going as far as naming individual players. The word jealously springs to mind.

If the cap fits................

snippets

I think we have undoubtedly the best 4 champsionship teams left in the hunt for the O Neill Cup.  Wilst I believe Clonoe will come through on one side, I really fancy the winners of Dromore and Omagh to win the O Neill cup.  I also think theres more Ulster Club potential in the West of the county, and thats important when you need the standard bearers.  In light of Dooher retiring I believe Big Joe Mc Mahon will be the next captain of Tyrone and I feel that this might be best realised by Omagh winning the county championship and big Joe playing his pivotal part - so for that reason and with Tyrone footballs best interests in mind Im tipping Omagh to come through.  If this year proves anything then its the sad end of an era in Tyrone football, The mighty Dooher and the rest of the legends in Tyrone - gone. the irrespressible Carmen - gone/ done,  the Errigal Ciaran - surviving on the Canavan name for far too long - over. Long gone are the times when an old done team would win the O Neill cup scoring 5 times and ripping mens jerseys off them to get over the line.  It'll be football from here on in bies.     
this bus aint gonna drive itself.

Wee Roddy

Snippets you really are a prize dickhead! When is the last time an old team won the O'Neill Cup? If your talking about Carrickmore, as your saying a done team, they had a young team who won it in 2005. I hope to feck you come across the most cynical team (and im not rediculing them as it takes everything to win it) in Clonoe. Systematic fouling at its best. Coalisland won it with something similar the year before.
I tell you one thing your forwards will see what pulling and hauling is about in the next game and then you will be coming on here raving again. Nice guys win feck all and that s why Clonoe or Dromore will win the ONeill Cup, with a bit of luck

winghalfback

Quote from: snippets on September 27, 2011, 02:15:59 PM
I think we have undoubtedly the best 4 champsionship teams left in the hunt for the O Neill Cup.  Wilst I believe Clonoe will come through on one side, I really fancy the winners of Dromore and Omagh to win the O Neill cup.  I also think theres more Ulster Club potential in the West of the county, and thats important when you need the standard bearers.  In light of Dooher retiring I believe Big Joe Mc Mahon will be the next captain of Tyrone and I feel that this might be best realised by Omagh winning the county championship and big Joe playing his pivotal part - so for that reason and with Tyrone footballs best interests in mind Im tipping Omagh to come through.  If this year proves anything then its the sad end of an era in Tyrone football, The mighty Dooher and the rest of the legends in Tyrone - gone. the irrespressible Carmen - gone/ done,  the Errigal Ciaran - surviving on the Canavan name for far too long - over. Long gone are the times when an old done team would win the O Neill cup scoring 5 times and ripping mens jerseys off them to get over the line.  It'll be football from here on in bies.     

Not be much football played with the refs we have in this county.

skeog

refs in tyrone are as good as you get in most counties remember most are like ourselves except they put themselves on the pitch and take abuse from hurlers on the ditch or your once or twice a year championship supporters who may not know where their clubs pitch is in many instances

snippets

Jeez Roddy I dont know where that agression is coming from - maybe I came across wrongly.  What Im saying is that Joe is possibly a better captain potential than Gormley with the age difference.   I also think it would do Tyrone well to have a good town team winning a champsionship.  Theres probably more potential in Omagh for county players than there would be in say Carmen, Dromore or Clonoe no disresespect intended.  Im thinking of the county here not neccessarily individual clubs.  Carmen have been wonderful, at the top table time and time again, but they have failed time and time again outside Tyrone.  Why do you think this is the case.  Tyrone need a team that can challenge, and you need young legs.  Carmn dont have that - if they feel that they do then how come they ran out of steam on Sunday.  Perhaps Im wrong it looked to me like they were done.   How many times were Carmen beat by Cross or St Galls over the years when they won Tyrone - Was it not usually an unknown Antrim, fermanagh or Cavan team?     
this bus aint gonna drive itself.