Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigfrank

Clonoe 1-06 St Eunans 1-05 Anyones game!!!

BennyHarp

Any reports on the clonoe game? I believe they played Teague and Doris!!
That was never a square ball!!

orangeman

Clonoe 1-8 2-10 St Eunan's  

Emmett Teague (right) lined out despite being handed a 32-week ban St Eunan's averted the possibility of major controversy in the AIB Ulster Club Championship by beating Clonoe in Sunday's clash at Coalisland.

Clonoe used a loophole to play banned pair Emmett Teague and Colm Doris in the game and Doris was on target as the Tyrone men led 1-6 to 1-5 at half-time.

Ryan O'Neill hit the Clonoe goal while David McGinley netted for St Eunan's.

Ciaran Sharkey's 54th-minute penalty was the crucial second-half score as Eunan's ran out deserved winners.

Teague was handed a 32-week ban for his retaliatory headbutt on Dromore boss Noel McGinn in last weekend's Tyrone SFC decider while Doris got an eight-week ban.

However, both played in Sunday's game as their appeals against their suspensions have yet to be heard by the Tyrone county board.

Clonoe launched the appeals on Friday and Tyrone's disciplinary chiefs are not scheduled to hear the cases until Thursday next.

Sunday's episode will be another disciplinary embarrassment for the GAA with the Clonoe club, apparently, able to drive a coach and horses through the association's rulebook.

David McGinley (left) scored one of St Eunan's goals at Coalisland

Back to the game and Brendan Devenney hit the opening two scores of the game for Eunan's before Stephen McNulty replied for Clonoe.

Ryan O'Neill's goal then put Clonoe ahead and they led by three (1-2 to 0-2) before Rory Kavanagh got Eunan's scoring again.

David McGinley then hit the Donegal champions' opening goal only for Doris to bring the sides levels again.

Helped by a Ryan T O'Neill score, Clonoe led by 1-6 to 1-5 at the interval with Devenney having notched four first-half frees for Eunan's.

St Eunan's levelled through a Ross Wherrity score after the break and they soon charged into a two-point lead.

Stephen McNulty pointed to reduce the margin to the minimum but the crucial score then came six minutes from time.

Brendan Devenney slammed the ball to the empty net but a penalty had already been awarded for a foul on Conal Dunne.

Ciaran Sharkey held his nerve to squeeze the ball past the Clonoe goalkeeper Mickey O'Neill and further late points from Sharkey and Ross Wherrity helped ensure a deserved Eunan's victory.

BennyHarp

Cheers, I think the two lads where probably unlucky to be suspended in the first place, but its getting near time when the whole GAA rule book needs to be re-written - far too many loopholes to "drive coach and horses through"!
That was never a square ball!!

aroundincircles

Think ulster council need to look at prices twelve pound into game today a joke when so many people out of work at the minute. St eunan and rahillys some first half clonoe had not the legs for second half though,Beats me how ulster council could not put game back a week.
Danny Murphy told them when they contacted ulster council"i dont like your attitude to even request game put back  a week" who does he think he is pr**k.

tonesfirstandlast

I POSTED THIS ON THE MAIN SITE>

I went to Coalisland today to give support to my club mate Damian cassidy. Could not beleive the admission price of £12. How can the Ulstetr Council justify this price. I met families going home. There was mayhem around the gates as supporters could not come to terms with the price. I saw two parents with two teenage daughters no older than 15 years trying to gather up the necessary £48 to gain entrance. I saw young boys and girls standing outside, not allowed in to support their teams. The programme at £2 was nothing more than a list of teams who weren't even playing at this venue.
Hang your head in shame Ulster Council, if this is how you are going to promote Gaelic games among the youth and grass roots  and i think you are certainly not in touch with the grass roots.

orangeman

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on November 02, 2008, 10:00:18 PM
I POSTED THIS ON THE MAIN SITE>

I went to Coalisland today to give support to my club mate Damian cassidy. Could not beleive the admission price of £12. How can the Ulstetr Council justify this price. I met families going home. There was mayhem around the gates as supporters could not come to terms with the price. I saw two parents with two teenage daughters no older than 15 years trying to gather up the necessary £48 to gain entrance. I saw young boys and girls standing outside, not allowed in to support their teams. The programme at £2 was nothing more than a list of teams who weren't even playing at this venue.
Hang your head in shame Ulster Council, if this is how you are going to promote Gaelic games among the youth and grass roots  and i think you are certainly not in touch with the grass roots.

Under 16s are free are they not ??

Gaffer

I was fully intent on going today but when I read on here yesterday that they were looking 12 big ones to enter, I just decided

NO WAY AM I PAYING THAT!!!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

feetofflames

Hmmm indeed,  does the Moy club feel hard done by by last weekends results?
Chief Wiggum

amigo

Quote from: feetofflames on November 03, 2008, 11:40:36 AM
Hmmm indeed,  does the Moy club feel hard done by by last weekends results?

Why would they feel hard done by FOF ?

feetofflames

well the stewratstown result dosent do them any favours. I just wonder when all the annual end of season "draw" competitions are going to start.
Chief Wiggum

Aaron Boone

Good win for Dromore there after the week of publicity. They still have a lot to play for.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: orangeman on November 01, 2008, 05:44:40 PM
Fantastic win in Galbally today over a very good Omagh side - 8 points down with 20 minutes to go I don't know how we won it or how Omagh lost it.

But anyway, after 2 thrillers, we took our first title since 1998.

Well done to Ardboe, commiserations to Omagh.

Great 2nd half performance - I think we stole it though - I'd say Omagh were the better team over the hour