Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jodyb

Quote from: Doire abú on October 26, 2008, 09:01:54 PM
Quote from: jodyb on October 26, 2008, 08:54:34 PM
Quote from: Doire abú on October 26, 2008, 08:09:41 PM
Good to see the John McLaughlin and O'Neill Cups resting on the Lough Shore!!   :) :) :) :)

When is Minor final replay?

Clonoe, Lough Shore? Is it? I wuda thought that Clonoe boundary was at least a half mile from lough shore? Can somebody clarify?

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~tyrone/maps/parish.html

Ok Dernagh and Annaghmore would be a it from the Lough Shore but it doesn't border the Lough, so we'll claim it.

Not quite sure what that means Doire abu, but I'm not too well educated on the geography of the area. Just thought that Derryloughan separated Clonoe from the lough shore. Is Killen in Clonoe?

Doire abú

Quote from: jodyb on October 26, 2008, 09:11:16 PM
Quote from: Doire abú on October 26, 2008, 09:01:54 PM
Quote from: jodyb on October 26, 2008, 08:54:34 PM
Quote from: Doire abú on October 26, 2008, 08:09:41 PM
Good to see the John McLaughlin and O'Neill Cups resting on the Lough Shore!!   :) :) :) :)

When is Minor final replay?

Clonoe, Lough Shore? Is it? I wuda thought that Clonoe boundary was at least a half mile from lough shore? Can somebody clarify?

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~tyrone/maps/parish.html

Ok Dernagh and Annaghmore would be a it from the Lough Shore but it doesn't border the Lough, so we'll claim it.

Not quite sure what that means Doire abu, but I'm not too well educated on the geography of the area. Just thought that Derryloughan separated Clonoe from the lough shore. Is Killen in Clonoe?

Killen's in Clonoe aye. Suppose you're right Derrylaughran while in Clonoe parish, would separate the O'Rahilly's catchment area from the lough.

I wouldn't regard Clonoe as Lough Shore in the way I would Ballinderry, Ardboe, Moortown, Ballymaguigan, Brocagh, Derryloughran, etc....but I would have classed them as borderline lough. Ah well.

jodyb

Quote from: hardstation on October 26, 2008, 09:12:43 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 26, 2008, 09:06:59 PM
Boys I never seen what McGinn did but you are being very hard on the fella. Obviously he was completely in the wrong, overcome by emotions and struck out. However he has been big enough to come out and apologise.

I never realised I was in such comapny of angels!
He threw a headbutt and ran away. The actions of a cowardly sc**bag.

Derrylaughan is in Clonoe.
No it's not! Not in footballing terms anyway.
And Mc Ginn was way outa line, but the irony of his apology is probabaly that he'll get hammered all the harder

loughshore lad

Congratulations to the Rahilly's on a very, very hard fought victory today.  The fitness and commitment of both teams today was excellent.  I actually really enjoyed the match, it was by no means a classic but the ferocity of the game in very poor underfoot conditions made it very enjoyable.

Our minors get another crack at it next week, I thought they were going to hold out for the win but credit to a very good Omagh side who clwed back into it and forced the draw.

jodyb

Delighted for Clonoe. Have a lot of friends there. As a Derry man, delighted for Damien Cassidy as well. Just hope he can weave some of that magic in Derry next year

jodyb

Quote from: hardstation on October 26, 2008, 09:27:59 PM
Quote from: jodyb on October 26, 2008, 09:21:36 PM
Quote from: hardstation on October 26, 2008, 09:12:43 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 26, 2008, 09:06:59 PM
Boys I never seen what McGinn did but you are being very hard on the fella. Obviously he was completely in the wrong, overcome by emotions and struck out. However he has been big enough to come out and apologise.

I never realised I was in such comapny of angels!
He threw a headbutt and ran away. The actions of a cowardly sc**bag.

Derrylaughan is in Clonoe.
No it's not! Not in footballing terms anyway.
And Mc Ginn was way outa line, but the irony of his apology is probabaly that he'll get hammered all the harder
Yes it is. Having said that, the Rahilly's catchment would not often go to the lough.

There still bes a load of flies about it. A definition of a loughshore club is : When you go to their club and yer head gets itchy as f**k.[/i]

Not as bad in October, but may and june games are desperate :D

ONeill

Clonoe parish hugs the shore (Clonoe/Kingsisland/Brocagh) but the club is a right bit from it. I'd say 633 stone throws.

Cassidy deserves great credit. Definitely not the greatest side to come out of the county (probably on a par with Killyclogher a few years ago) but he has instilled some self belief. Good underage structure in recent years has helped considerably. Even after this victory, no Clonoe player you'd say is definite county material. Good to see Harry McClure on the sideline - our last midfielder!
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

jodyb

Quote from: ONeill on October 26, 2008, 09:37:31 PM
Clonoe parish hugs the shore (Clonoe/Kingsisland/Brocagh) but the club is a right bit from it. I'd say 633 stone throws.

Cassidy deserves great credit. Definitely not the greatest side to come out of the county (probably on a par with Killyclogher a few years ago) but he has instilled some self belief. Good underage structure in recent years has helped considerably. Even after this victory, no Clonoe player you'd say is definite county material. Good to see Harry McClure on the sideline - our last midfielder!
Teriffic midfielder in his day...... Pundit material? Definitely not!! Did you hear him interviewed before the game? I think TG4 just aired it to make tubes of us nordies

jodyb

ps. Kingisland residents would generally play for Derrytresk would they not??

ONeill

Yes, Kingsisland would have Hill, Barry's, Emmet's and Clonoe men and women, though mostly Hill.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Doire abú

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: hardstation on October 26, 2008, 09:10:53 PM
Well done to the Rahillys. Poor enough game and probably the worst Clonoe have played in the championship so far, not that it matters a f**k tonight.

Thought the ref dicked them a bit in the 60 mins. Aiden Brady must have been caught knocking one into the ref's wife. Anytime he moved, a free was given against him.As for McGinn - you are what you are, I suppose. Wankpot.

Well done Clonoe. The east's awake.

Agree thought Bert was very sore on him!

maco

Congratulations to Clonoe on their win. They are an excellent team, very strong and fit. I think their fitness showed in the end - they also introduced fresh legs at key times and the fact that Dromore played 35ish minutes with 14 men was also crucial. Both defences were outstanding today, as they have been all through the championship. Dromore have played almost 5 and a half hours of champiohship football this year and did not concede a goal!

On a much sadder note - just heard tonight that a spectator died at the game today. Puts the whole thing in prespective.

Carmen Stateside

Rambo was chasing a Dromore defender and decided to just thump him in the mouth with closed fist, must have looked worse than it was because the linesman was only two yards away from it :-\

Carmen Stateside

Ryan T had a good game when brought out the field in the second half.  Doris is cool with the frees.  Dromore missed some handy frees throughout which proved costly at the end.