Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

square_ball

Some 1st half performance from Errigal.

blasmere

Will Trillick be any use to them in the final?

Strong contenders for Ulster at this rate.
A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree

RedHand88

clarshack

Quote from: blasmere on October 14, 2023, 04:52:11 PMWill Trillick be any use to them in the final?

Trillick would have to match their same intensity from last night and play all 15 men in their own 45 again and snuff out the 2 Canavan's like they did with Donaghy and Quinn. If they can do all that then yes they have a chance.

LC

Quote from: blasmere on October 14, 2023, 04:52:11 PMWill Trillick be any use to them in the final?

When was the last time a team from Tyrone won the Ulster Club (Senior)?

RedHand88

Quote from: LC on October 14, 2023, 05:05:51 PM

Errigal ciaran 2002?

Christmas Lights

Can Clonoe still win the Intermediate all Ireland does anyone know?

Goals_Will_Come

clarshack

Have to say I don't think I've ever seen Ardboe take a hiding like that in championship football. Must be their heaviest ever defeat?

LC

Quote from: RedHand88 on October 14, 2023, 05:07:37 PM
Quote from: LC on October 14, 2023, 05:05:51 PM

Errigal ciaran 2002?

Why so long, do they empty the tank to get out of their own county and then between that and celebrations the whole thing is flat when it comes to Ulster.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: clarshack on October 14, 2023, 05:34:35 PMHave to say I don't think I've ever seen Ardboe take a hiding like that in championship football. Must be their heaviest ever defeat?
Probably an indication that Ardboe remain as far away from the top teams as they ever have been since 1998. Lack of quality forwards will continue to hold them back going forward as well. Kyle Coney and Shea McGuigan are the wrong side of 30 to. No out and out midfielders another issue.
Added to that the lack of a kickout strategy today and the gulf in quality between the two teams was really exposed.

clarshack

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on October 14, 2023, 06:22:19 PM
Quote from: clarshack on October 14, 2023, 05:34:35 PMHave to say I don't think I've ever seen Ardboe take a hiding like that in championship football. Must be their heaviest ever defeat?
Probably an indication that Ardboe remain as far away from the top teams as they ever have been since 1998. Lack of quality forwards will continue to hold them back going forward as well. Kyle Coney and Shea McGuigan are the wrong side of 30 to. No out and out midfielders another issue.
Added to that the lack of a kickout strategy today and the gulf in quality between the two teams was really exposed.

Bad day all round for the Loughshore teams including Ballinderry relegated to Intermediate.

tyrone08

So much for horse being a great coach

Mikhailov

Quote from: tyrone08 on October 14, 2023, 07:26:40 PM

The myth about Chrissy McKaigue lost some value today also - shambolic to say the least

LeoMc

Quote from: Mikhailov on October 14, 2023, 10:36:46 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on October 14, 2023, 07:26:40 PM

The myth about Chrissy McKaigue lost some value today also - shambolic to say the least

What was disappointing was the lack of fight. 10 points down and they sat back and invited Errigal on. It was reminiscent of late era Mickey Harte, setting up to keep the game tight and keeping that philosophy even when it wasn't working.