Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Quote from: driveherin on February 05, 2018, 10:16:24 AM
Big Sean managed to get another man lined with his arms outstretched

the no.8 got himself lined by kicking out. it was a definite straight red.

Tyroneforsam

Noticed that myself, one of the all time greats but its antics like that that make him so unlikeable and lets me honest he has form in that department!

tiempo

Quote from: Tyroneforsam on February 05, 2018, 11:10:59 AM

Noticed that myself, one of the all time greats but its antics like that that make him so unlikeable and lets me honest he has form in that department!

Yip. Its the ones who are so good that they invite special treatment on themselves that are the most detestable. If only everyone was equally average. Maybe players should be banned from being so good. Or maybe kicking out at good players should be set in rule. Even playing field then.

WT4E

Careful now - Ill Bomber D will be along shortly to gove you a telling off - see debate on the All Ireland Club Thread!

Tyroneforsam

Quote from: tiempo on February 05, 2018, 11:27:17 AM

Yip. Its the ones who are so good that they invite special treatment on themselves that are the most detestable. If only everyone was equally average. Maybe players should be banned from being so good. Or maybe kicking out at good players should be set in rule. Even playing field then.

Its my opinion on the man and I believe I'm not alone. I acknowledge he was a super player but his unsporting behaviour diminishes his achievements!

Tyrone Gaa

If someone does something stupid that falls into a red card category then it should be highlighted. If he didn't kick out he would have stayed on the field. Sean is a win at all costs fella so if he gets blatantly kicked he's gonna try and get that person punished to gain the competitive advantage. I'm sure he couldn't care less now he's got another all Ireland in his pocket
Living the dream!!!

WT4E

Quote from: Tyroneforsam on February 05, 2018, 12:54:27 PM
Quote from: tiempo on February 05, 2018, 11:27:17 AM

Its my opinion on the man and I believe I'm not alone. I acknowledge he was a super player but his unsporting behaviour diminishes his achievements!

I agree with you on this one

Tyroneforsam

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on February 05, 2018, 01:04:29 PM
If someone does something stupid that falls into a red card category then it should be highlighted. If he didn't kick out he would have stayed on the field. Sean is a win at all costs fella so if he gets blatantly kicked he's gonna try and get that person punished to gain the competitive advantage. I'm sure he couldn't care less now he's got another all Ireland in his pocket

Is that not what the referee and linesmen are there for?? He constantly tries to influence their decision. Look at the treatment Peter Canavan took in his day yet he didn't partake in such behaviour.

redzone

Quote from: Tyroneforsam on February 05, 2018, 01:29:39 PM

Is that not what the referee and linesmen are there for?? He constantly tries to influence their decision. Look at the treatment Peter Canavan took in his day yet he didn't partake in such behaviour.

Doesn't make sense that argument. If some **** is nipping him and standing on his toes how's alinesman Gona see it. he gets a lot of treatment. Wee peter was different, he had a reputation of taking no shit, sean takes it and doesn't strike back.
I'm sure you heard the one about canavan after a challenge game in the oppositions showers. In dungannon maybe. That's the rep he carried

Tyroneforsam

Quote from: redzone on February 05, 2018, 01:36:38 PM

Doesn't make sense that argument. If some **** is nipping him and standing on his toes how's alinesman Gona see it. he gets a lot of treatment. Wee peter was different, he had a reputation of taking no shit, sean takes it and doesn't strike back.
I'm sure you heard the one about canavan after a challenge game in the oppositions showers. In dungannon maybe. That's the rep he carried

Ah for gods sake if you men cannot see how unsporting Cavanagh is you need to take off your Moy/Tyrone rose tinted glasses! I'm a Tyrone man myself but I'm going to call a spade a spade, he's a tr**p on the field end off!! He was a super footballer who didn't need to indulge in that behaviour but he's chosen to do so. He legacy has been diminished throughout Ireland because of this behaviour.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Tyroneforsam on February 05, 2018, 02:03:10 PM

Ah for gods sake if you men cannot see how unsporting Cavanagh is you need to take off your Moy/Tyrone rose tinted glasses! I'm a Tyrone man myself but I'm going to call a spade a spade, he's a tr**p on the field end off!! He was a super footballer who didn't need to indulge in that behaviour but he's chosen to do so. He legacy has been diminished throughout Ireland because of this behaviour.

FFS - There's a few on here who really need to catch a grip of themselves.
That was never a square ball!!

longballin

why is Moy club win all about Sean Cavanagh?

Tyroneforsam

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 05, 2018, 02:33:35 PM
Quote from: Tyroneforsam on February 05, 2018, 02:03:10 PM

FFS - There's a few on here who really need to catch a grip of themselves.

So this is a Gaa discussion board where we're not allowed to have an opinion. Mind you its an opinion that's broadly shared throughout Ireland!

The Iceman

congratulations to the entire Moy community - what a victory and celebration by the looks of it.  Seen a lot of videos online posted by old friends in and around the village  - great stuff
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

redzone

Thanks ice man. As I'm sure you have read above we have a lot of jealous/envious posters here in Tyrone