Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: tothetop03 on December 12, 2016, 06:12:12 PM
Quote from: skeog on December 12, 2016, 06:07:53 PM
Ardboe not contenders for honours living on past glories.

They have a lot of good players all the same and should be doing better??

No, don't think so, in my view they did as well as they could this season, reasonably well placed in the league. Their defense is poor, midfield and forwards good. But there are an improving team with the youth coming through. A good management team ? with the exception of Devlin the rest are untested and Horse is not the manager so his influence will be very limited, all very risky for me in the time bomb that is Ardboe!!

Tyrone Gaa

Same old faces back in the CB again - no change bar those that had to step down after the 5 year rule.  Wonder will we again have a drought of club football during the summer and be finishing the league in December.
Living the dream!!!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on December 14, 2016, 09:40:55 AM
Same old faces back in the CB again - no change bar those that had to step down after the 5 year rule.  Wonder will we again have a drought of club football during the summer and be finishing the league in December.

Very few willing to stand. Easy to stand and whine (Like I) but more difficult to step up and do something to change things.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

skeog

Correct Norf hurlers on the ditch in abundance.

Tyrone Gaa

Absolutely Norf, the point was that nobody stood against the current CB despite all the complaints on forums like this and in the stands up and down the country.  Mark Conway was due to stand against Micky Kerr but unfortunately withdrew his nomination. I believe Mark may have had the drive to bring a fresh approach to the way the CCC operates.
Living the dream!!!

rrhf

Thats a big pity Mark didnt run.  He would effect the changes neccessary to bring clubs and county as one.

WT4E

Why did Mark not run?

Would have loved to hear him shouting "wann belief" yet again!  :)

twenty one yard free

I wouldn't have Mark Conway in as vice chair of our assiociation

I'd go wan further I'd have him in as Chair

The main difference between him and Rasheen is

No 1. He has a brain

No.2. He can speak effortlessly on any given topic

No.3 He's fit to write his material and not rely on others

I wasn't in Garvaghey last night but I was told by a man at work the day

Roisin struggled to read her own writing and how to pronounce some of the bigger words"wans with more than 3 letters" but she ranted on about this n that, she asked delegates to fill in a questionnaire about the building of the new Casement Park in Belfast and in the next breath spoke on furthering development within Tyrone by building a new Stadium

I never heard the lacks of it

I believe there were only two positions that went til a vote so there's not many looking to join the CB

redhandefender

Surprise surprise people whining about the county board! if you don't like it put down the playstation controller and get involved. Mark Conway would be the man for any position up there but i imagine he doesn't have the time as he is chairman of Club Tyrone.

The stadium chat has come out of the blue, she must have went off script.

Archie53

New stadium for county games to be played will that mean all club championship games be played there as well so that county board get all the profit. It had better be playable  365 considering length of our season.  :o

skeog

What if Ballindery are in Ulster club with Errigal Ciaran.I know its a long shot but would we again have in reverse what happened in 2012.

leenie

see Gaelic life just confirmed it there .. but there's to be no more media response as the want to consider pomeroy.. I'd be pretty peeved if I was a pomeroy member still in the championship and knowing your managers are going elsewhere .. i don't buy that whole can't play errigal , that's just an excuse
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

skeog

Think so myself bound to have ambitions to manage Errigal building good cv.

Mikhailov

Agree that the c.v is looking ok but also shows that they have stayed at no club more than 1 season which doesn't look hot on a c.v either. Can't understand the logic of either club involved here.

Surely Pomeroy have to look at the bigger picture and the new man in will not be happy at only getting control of a team in late Jan or late Feb (depending on semi result) and then they will need a break. Surely that is going to be near impossible to manage when the new man will be looking to see his new squad at training to get to know them etc - the last thing he will want is to stand aside for 4 weeks giving the players a break when he needs to get to know them and put his own stamp on the team before the Tyrone ACL starts at end of March / early April in a seriously competitive environment.

From a Ballinderry perspective it is even more strange. This is probably their last throw of the dice and the big incentive is to stop the 'Neil doing 4 in a row just a 'Neil stopped the Shamrocks from doing it 3 years ago. If this is the case then they would want to get started early 2017 especially with new men at the helm, get to know and trust each other, get fitness levels up, get system in place and get system into practice during league games. This will be hard to do when the new men are committed elsewhere and their efforts are elsewhere at that time. The Derry Champo is again K/O so there may only be one chance and a bad performance will put them out. Strange but a club of Ballinderry calibre will have thought this one through and this is the outcome - surprising especially when a few other men were linked to the post and were readily available to hit the ground running.

No doubt after this post they will win the AI Intermediate club and the Derry Champo respectively  ::) ::)

redhandofgod

I don't think Pomeroy had much choice, if they had got rid of the management and haven't a replacement lined up then what would happen to the training in the coming weeks for the all-Ireland semi? The sensible option is to keep it as it is and give the club a chance to find replacements.