Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 19, 2015, 02:12:30 PM

That reminds me of a discussion I had with yourself regarding relegation in Division 2 in 2013...

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 13, 2013, 08:18:13 PM
Quote from: clarshack on October 13, 2013, 07:43:15 PM
think you are right. 13 points might not be enough to stay up in div 2. hopefully eskra will win ifc and they'll not be too bothered about playing remaining league games especially ours.

they've long memories in fintona lol, anyway we beat eskra on the pitch that year which is the way it should be.  ;)

Stay On the Endline

Quote from: clarshack on October 19, 2015, 11:35:29 AM
Quote from: parttimeexile on October 19, 2015, 09:35:42 AM
The whole thing is a mess. Gortin are at a disadvantage because the Rock did not field, that has to be wrong. If gortin had played the rock and had managed to beat them they would now be safe. As it stands some of these teams could end up playing 4 games to determine if they are to stay in Division 2. They are making the rules up as they go along!

loughmacrory are also at a disadvantage here.

if gortin had beaten rock on the pitch yesterday then the playoff game would have been urney v rock

the ccc have went by the rules 100% here but the rule has been unkind to both loughmacrory and gortin. this is why there should be a sanction for clubs who don't field whether it is a massive fine or deducted points for the following season.

If the play off ends up Rock v Loughmacrory or Gortin it would be tasty after what Rock did!!

WT4E

Quote from: Degrassi Hi on October 19, 2015, 03:16:02 PM
By all accounts Greencastle were 6 points up v Donaghmore before Mickey McCann awarded 2 fortuitous goals to rescue Donaghmore and relegate Moy. Dungannon will beat Donaghmore next week. Predicting an Aghyaran v Dungannon promotion/relegation finale.

The Division 2 relegation playoff will take us well into the middle of November. Owen Roes or the Tatts will have a bit of a wait to find out who they eventually will play.

I have feeling Aghyaran will get it tough to beat Cookstown although home advantage is a great plus for the men the border!

All the same fancy Cookstown to beat Aghyaran

on the sideline

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 19, 2015, 01:17:51 AM
Sent out tonight.

Due to the three-way tie in division two, in accordance with T.O R6.20(4), a play-off draw was made at tonight's meeting of CCC.  The draw is as follows: Gortin will play Urney with the winners retaining their status and the losers going to play Loughmacrory; the winners of Gortin/Urney V Loughmacrory will retain their status and the losers will play Rock.

Thought this was how it would have to happen.

SkillfulBill

By all accounts Greencastle were 6 points up v Donaghmore before Mickey McCann awarded 2 fortuitous goals to rescue Donaghmore and relegate Moy. Dungannon will beat Donaghmore next week. Predicting an Aghyaran v Dungannon promotion/relegation finale.

The Division 2 relegation playoff will take us well into the middle of November. Owen Roes or the Tatts will have a bit of a wait to find out who they eventually will play.

Was at the Greencastle game that was no fix. Greencastle played to put Donaghmore down and would have done so if  McCann had not awarded either goal. One goal given by umpire for crossing the line before being cleared by full back. The other Greencastle keepers kick out hits his full back in the head ball drops in Donaghmore fullforwards hands and he lobs the keeper from 21. Farcial yes. Fix no. Won't make any difference Donaghmore and Dungannon will both go down neither good enough for division 1. Augher won't be long behind them next year.

Stay On the Endline

Quote from: SkillfulBill on October 19, 2015, 10:57:46 PM

Was at the Greencastle game that was no fix. Greencastle played to put Donaghmore down and would have done so if  McCann had not awarded either goal. One goal given by umpire for crossing the line before being cleared by full back. The other Greencastle keepers kick out hits his full back in the head ball drops in Donaghmore fullforwards hands and he lobs the keeper from 21. Farcial yes. Fix no. Won't make any difference Donaghmore and Dungannon will both go down neither good enough for division 1. Augher won't be long behind them next year.

You would be 100% right. Donaghmore would never have fixed a game before ;) ;) ;)

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: SkillfulBill on October 19, 2015, 10:57:46 PM

So who exactly IS good enough for div 1 in you opinion?
Do you think there are better teams in div 2?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Gaafan2

In my opinion Cookstown are going to take some stopping. They are hitting form just at the right time although they can consider themselves quite fortunate in making the play offs having only made it on score difference from a Pomeroy team who finished strongly after the appointment of Adrian O'Donnell a few weeks ago.

I predict Dungannon v Cookstown with cookstown returning to senior football.

clarshack

Quote from: gaafan2 on October 20, 2015, 11:11:24 AM
In my opinion Cookstown are going to take some stopping. They are hitting form just at the right time although they can consider themselves quite fortunate in making the play offs having only made it on score difference from a Pomeroy team who finished strongly after the appointment of Adrian O'Donnell a few weeks ago.

I predict Dungannon v Cookstown with cookstown returning to senior football.

i wouldnt read too much into cookstown's last 2 results especially our game against them, one of our players got married last saturday and we were down a few key men.  i'd fancy aghyaran to take them especially up there.

think it will be aghyaran v derrylaughan, with derrylaughan then playing dungannon. hard to pick a winner in that one...

Christmas Lights

There is usually a lot of talk of matches being "fixed" near the end of the season but does it actually happen?  I think there is a lot of talk but it rarely/never really happens.

everymanaman

Quote from: Christmas Lights on October 20, 2015, 12:41:48 PM
There is usually a lot of talk of matches being "fixed" near the end of the season but does it actually happen?  I think there is a lot of talk but it rarely/never really happens.

It's going on a long time. If you think it doesn't I presume you're still a fan of Santa and the Easter Bunny

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: everymanaman on October 20, 2015, 02:50:50 PM

It's going on a long time. If you think it doesn't I presume you're still a fan of Santa and the Easter Bunny
I agree with Christmas lights, it doesn't go on nearly as much as is made out.
Im sure there are still occasions where it happens but it is relatively rare.
If you believed what you read on here you'd think pretty much every one of the last 3 rounds of league fixtures where rigged.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Tyrone Gaa

Clubs with nothing to play for can lose interest which is different than fixing a match.  I would say Ardboe lost interest in the year and subsequently Augher took advantage.  Regarding the reports from Greencastle who by all accounts were cruising to a win only to get beat after it was widely expected on this forum Donaghmore would win by various posts raises questions.  Its something that happens but wont ever be proved.

We have said for the past 3/4 years Donaghmore come to life September/October pity for them that wasn't championship time because they would be hard stopped  :P
Living the dream!!!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on October 20, 2015, 03:10:20 PM
Clubs with nothing to play for can lose interest which is different than fixing a match.  I would say Ardboe lost interest in the year and subsequently Augher took advantage.  Regarding the reports from Greencastle who by all accounts were cruising to a win only to get beat after it was widely expected on this forum Donaghmore would win by various posts raises questions.  Its something that happens but wont ever be proved.

We have said for the past 3/4 years Donaghmore come to life September/October pity for them that wasn't championship time because they would be hard stopped  :P

The same Ardboe that then beat Carrickmore who where looking for points to get into the top 4 playoff in the following round of fixtures?  ???

There is no doubt that some clubs that have little to play for can come up against clubs fighting for their lives and you get unexpected results, but this is completely different thing to games being 'fixed' that is widely talked about.

Stay On the Endline

There is usually a lot of talk of matches being "fixed" near the end of the season but does it actually happen? I think there is a lot of talk but it rarely/never really happens.

Chat to a few Donaghmore lads and they will tell you different  ;) ;) :P :P