Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlenMan

At the minute Urney have the chance to win the Intermediate Championship and be promoted to Div 1. They are also likely to have to play in the League relegation playoffs. What happens if they win the Championship but also lose the playoff and get relegated in the League? Has this happened before?

Club Rossa

If you win the championship you can't get relegated.
I'm almost sure Killyman saved themselves from relegation when they beat Moortown in the Intermediate final in 2007.I remember at the time people were saying if they beat Moortown they'd be playing Errigal Ciaran in the senior league the following year,lose to Moortown and they'd be playing Errigal thirds.

smort

I remember Killyman won the intermediate championship a few years back and actually finished bottom of the league! They went up anyway.

longballin

Quote from: smort on September 28, 2015, 04:24:14 PM
I remember Killyman won the intermediate championship a few years back and actually finished bottom of the league! They went up anyway.

and looked like what they were a junior team playing senior though was massive achievement winning intermediate championship

Redhand Santa

Quote from: The Trap on September 28, 2015, 09:49:50 AM
Good championship redhand santa.................how many competitive games have their been??????

One sided games:
Carmen v Omagh
Ardboe v Dromore
Errigal went missing in second half against Killyclogher
Omagh went out tamely to Dromore
Dungannon v Trillick
Donaghmore v Coalisland
Coalisland v Trillick
Greencastle v Trillick
Strabane v Killyclogher

Close games
Eglish v Greencastle
Moy v Donaghmore
Augher v Strabane
Clonoe v Coalisland
Dromore v Killyclogher

Of those you would say only the last two were of a good quality. So yes there have a few upsets but only two quality games.

The final could be a very good match and will provide another new winner in recent years. Trillick in particular have made fantastic strides this year. Remember this is a team that only got promoted via the intermediate play-offs last year.

In any championship your going to get a mixture of good and bad games as well as close and not close. In my opinion there has been enough good games and shocks to make it a very good championship.

As a neutral I enjoyed some of the one sided games you listed above. I thought Dromore were impressive v Omagh - it was one sided but given Omagh were the champs and favourites you couldn't rule them out getting back into until Dromore got the goal near the end - wasn't that much in it with ten to go. Similarly I enjoyed Killyclogher v Errigal and thought Killyclogher played good football - it was very much a contest until Killyclogher got a goal with about ten to go from memory.

Also Trillicks win yesterday was very good to watch with some excellent football and great to see someone different get through to the final.

rrhf

I think its great to see new clubs in the final.  However the break this year took the sting out of the competition.  With the new rules next year about county minor participation forbidden until after the minors are out clubs should ensure for the good of the championship, and the county minors developing as club footballer that the championship isnt played until after the county minors are beat.

time ticking away

Why was Stephen Mc Nally sent off yesterday. Didn't look like much from where I was standing. Was it for striking ?
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

Carmen Stateside

open hand slap according to harvey and Quinn on team talk .  Neither man thought it a red card offense

time ticking away

If he got sent off purely for the tackle then that was an unbelievable decision. Fergal daly was the linesman and if the call was made on his say so then that is even stranger. Fergal was a good footballer who should know that an aggressive tackle is never a sending off
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

barelegs

McNally's red was harsh but he gave the referee a decision to make. To be honest there were probably a couple of worse incidents from Coalisland players after that, that went unpunished.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: time ticking away on September 29, 2015, 12:28:38 AM
If he got sent off purely for the tackle then that was an unbelievable decision. Fergal daly was the linesman and if the call was made on his say so then that is even stranger. Fergal was a good footballer who should know that an aggressive tackle is never a sending off

He slapped around the head area at least twice in the tackle and then followed up with a slap to the back of the head after the free was awarded. I think it was that he got sent off for. It wasn't particularly hard and the Trillick player went down to easily in my opinion and a yellow card would have been enough.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Club Rossa on September 28, 2015, 04:24:03 PM
If you win the championship you can't get relegated.
I'm almost sure Killyman saved themselves from relegation when they beat Moortown in the Intermediate final in 2007.I remember at the time people were saying if they beat Moortown they'd be playing Errigal Ciaran in the senior league the following year,lose to Moortown and they'd be playing Errigal thirds.
Yeah that's true, Killyman won the championship that year and I don't think they won a single league game. finished bottome with 1 point IIRC
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Redhand Santa on September 28, 2015, 06:05:51 PM
Quote from: The Trap on September 28, 2015, 09:49:50 AM
Good championship redhand santa.................how many competitive games have their been??????

One sided games:
Carmen v Omagh
Ardboe v Dromore
Errigal went missing in second half against Killyclogher
Omagh went out tamely to Dromore
Dungannon v Trillick
Donaghmore v Coalisland
Coalisland v Trillick
Greencastle v Trillick
Strabane v Killyclogher

Close games
Eglish v Greencastle
Moy v Donaghmore
Augher v Strabane
Clonoe v Coalisland
Dromore v Killyclogher

Of those you would say only the last two were of a good quality. So yes there have a few upsets but only two quality games.

The final could be a very good match and will provide another new winner in recent years. Trillick in particular have made fantastic strides this year. Remember this is a team that only got promoted via the intermediate play-offs last year.

In any championship your going to get a mixture of good and bad games as well as close and not close. In my opinion there has been enough good games and shocks to make it a very good championship.

As a neutral I enjoyed some of the one sided games you listed above. I thought Dromore were impressive v Omagh - it was one sided but given Omagh were the champs and favourites you couldn't rule them out getting back into until Dromore got the goal near the end - wasn't that much in it with ten to go. Similarly I enjoyed Killyclogher v Errigal and thought Killyclogher played good football - it was very much a contest until Killyclogher got a goal with about ten to go from memory.

Also Trillicks win yesterday was very good to watch with some excellent football and great to see someone different get through to the final.

I thought this years championship was pretty good overall, although not as good as last years which had some great games, with most of them going right to the wire.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

reddgnhand

Kevin Bridges has threw his lot in with Killyclogher.  ;D

clarshack

Quote from: reddgnhand on September 30, 2015, 10:41:18 AM
Kevin Bridges has threw his lot in with Killyclogher.  ;D

it was a bit surreal last night when kevin bridges was talking about killyclogher and trillick!