Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Club Rossa

Very impressed with Omagh tonight,controlled the game from start to finish.Defence was excellent and I thought Ronan O'Neill and McAnulla were a constant threat up front.Meyler covered a serious amount of ground and is a very effective link man from defence to attack.Cracking game in prospect now between them and Dromore.

winghalfback

Terrible tragedy in clonoe. Is their game still on on sunday?

redzone

ose 14

omagh by 6 i heard you all laugh stick with me lads the writing is on the wall. omagh dromore will be interesting now as well, longballin you must know something i dont and i doubt that very much . dromore have 6-7 players who are in the last chance saloon i hope there very very fit those golden oldies as i saw enough golden oldies the night getting burnt in the dust. this game will not be to the end of august most of them old dromore lads will be trained out by that stage. ose abu

SkillfulBill

Quote from: winghalfback on June 05, 2015, 10:58:54 PM

My heart goes out to a poor family tonight and a heart broken community. Football will be the last thing on clonoe peoples minds this weekend.

WT4E

Probably the saddest thing in carrickmore there were three key event in the match for them and 75% of them involved an aghyaran man!

Onthe40

Tame tame exit by Carmen tnite...so un-carmen like...supporters leaving with 10-15 to go...gormley may go back to managing Glen minors...Omagh won without being tested..will take a bit of beating all the same..

Gonzalo15

Tonight very much reminded me of last weekends game. Another tame exit from a big name club.  Omagh looked impressive all the same,  should be a tight affair with dromore

GlenMan

Quote from: SkillfulBill on June 06, 2015, 12:20:28 AM

My heart goes out to a poor family tonight and a heart broken community. Football will be the last thing on clonoe peoples minds this weekend.

What happened?????

Tommo2

It seems like Omagh could be a different class to everyone else. Everyone thought this is a very open championship, but when u look at that omagh team, they look brilliant. Can never remember a Carmen team exiting the championship so tamely.

The Beard

Quote from: Tommo2 on June 06, 2015, 10:33:40 AM
It seems like Omagh could be a different class to everyone else. Everyone thought this is a very open championship, but when u look at that omagh team, they look brilliant. Can never remember a Carmen team exiting the championship so tamely.
t

Would tend to disagree. Undoubtedly showed their class but has as much to do with how poor carmen were. I think over past couple of years they have papered over a few cracks, relatively easy runs to final and performed very well last year and should've won probably. But look like might be end of the road for this team. St endas were impressive but in way they controlled it. Especially in defence. Will be a humdinger between them and dromore.

Club boi

Quote from: GlenMan on June 06, 2015, 03:11:28 AM

What happened?????

Check Clonoe's Facebook page for info. Terrible tragedy for them

TF15

I think anybody who follows Division 1 closely has known for a while Carrickmore have been punching above the talent at their disposal. They have far too many passengers and last night it was finally exposed. Gormley last night looked like a man who father time had caught up on, well off the pace and even his attempts to target Meyler failed as he had a fine game. You'd just wonder where Carmen would be if Penrose hadn't transferred as he usually contributes the majority of their scores.

Omagh impressive, particularly their middle 8 who dominated the midfield battle. Only for the wind the scoreline would have been even more favourable for Omagh. Conditions were atrocious.

Thought the ref was poor, made some strange calls. His use of the advantage rule was inconsistent, some very soft frees given and Ronan O'Neill was blew up for pulling the defender when straight through on goal near the end of the second half when it was clearly the defender who had his jersey. On the day it didn't matter but on another it will and standards need to be better when it means so much.

I expect Clonoe to beat Coalisland convincingly tomorrow and I'll go for a draw in the Errigal-Kilyclogher game. In the two lesser games Trillick and Strabane should advance but you just never know.

GlenMan

Quote from: Club boi on June 06, 2015, 01:07:58 PM
Quote from: GlenMan on June 06, 2015, 03:11:28 AM

What happened?????

Check Clonoe's Facebook page for info. Terrible tragedy for them

I saw there was a death. Was it due to cyber bullying? Awful tragedy.

omagh_gael

Loughmacrory one up v Kildress mid way thru second half. 1-03 to 0-05.