Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

There is just no need for it.
Why not name the team?What is the sense behind it?
At least then if a player does something during a game, you can check who it is in the programme, its all part of going to watch a game.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

winghalfback

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 01, 2015, 11:02:52 AM
There is just no need for it.
Why not name the team?What is the sense behind it?
At least then if a player does something during a game, you can check who it is in the programme, its all part of going to watch a game.

They probably were to gutless to put in a team on the programme the same way they showed no guts last night. Except for noney and to a lesser extent Cassidy they were rank. Ardboe = Bad outfit

Club Rossa

The most disappointing thing for me last night was that Dromore didn't have to get out of 3rd gear to beat us.Yet again a very tame exit from the championship.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Club Rossa on June 01, 2015, 11:25:24 AM
The most disappointing thing for me last night was that Dromore didn't have to get out of 3rd gear to beat us.Yet again a very tame exit from the championship.
Yeah, id say that would be the main dissapointmenta round ardbo ealright.
To many of the 'big' players never counted at all.
What about the promising minor teams of the alst few years? are there any of those players ready to step up?
It seemed to be pretty much the old guard still for ardboe last night.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

barelegs

I might be wrong but a good handful of Ardboe's player were part of those minor teams. I'm open to correction but I think Michael Cassidy, Michael Lynn, Aidan Duffy, Oisin Devlin, Michael O'Neill and Kevin Coney all played on those teams while DD Mulgrew came off the bench.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: barelegs on June 01, 2015, 11:45:46 AM
I might be wrong but a good handful of Ardboe's player were part of those minor teams. I'm open to correction but I think Michael Cassidy, Michael Lynn, Aidan Duffy, Oisin Devlin, Michael O'Neill and Kevin Coney all played on those teams while DD Mulgrew came off the bench.
You could be right, i wouldnt be that familar with a lot of the Ardboe players to be honest, it just seemed to me like they were still relying on the same players, and when they didnt deliver, they offered very little else

Sunny Day

And I would assume the Kyle Coney, Shay McGuigan, Gavin Teague, Michael OHagan are all only about 24 years of age.  Apart from maybe their keeper, Brian McGuigan and Tommy McGuigan at least 70% of that Ardbo team are under 25 years of age.  A fairly young side.

clarshack

what would be the average age of dromore?

Keyboard Warrior

Let's not be too sore on Ardboe. They were up against a Dromore team with plenty of ability, who are one of the favourites for the championship, and who are motoring very well in the league to date. Yes, Ardboe wish to be challenging for honours, but they were still underdogs for this game.
They had to produce their best and hope Dromore didn't perform to their potential.

Up The Middle

Ardboe were disappointing to say the least. I thought they should have put McKeown into Full Forward for a while and tried the long early ball, their slow build up seemed to suit Dromore down to the ground. Found it very strange that they allowed both McNabb and McCullough so much time and space on the ball.

Dromore will take some stopping, very dangerous and well conditioned all over the pitch.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: clarshack on June 01, 2015, 12:04:16 PM
what would be the average age of dromore?
Dromore have a good few players over 30 (and a couple over 35!), but they are still playing at a high level.
peter ward, fabian oneill,ricey, colly mccullagh,barry collins are all 30+ and mcdonnell & Mccusker would eb around that age too id say

Club Rossa

5 of our 12/13 minor team started last night with Mulgrew coming on.Cant be too sore on any of those lads as they lack experience at this level especially against a team of Dromore's class.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Club Rossa on June 01, 2015, 12:34:25 PM
5 of our 12/13 minor team started last night with Mulgrew coming on.Cant be too sore on any of those lads as they lack experience at this level especially against a team of Dromore's class.

I appreciate you are looking at the long term situation regarding your club but I never witnessed an Ardboe team lack so much 'fight' especially in the last 10 minutes they stopped.  Dromore bossed the game, Collins at Midfield broke every ball, Sludden was unmarked and McCusker showed his class once again.

Mick Hagan had a shocker in the Forward line.  Kyle Coney looked to carry the challenge, I'm assuming John McConville was injured??

As a neutral I expected so much more from Both sides but Dromore did all they had to without needing to get out of the comfort zone.
Living the dream!!!

Club Rossa

Big John had an operation on the knee and has only played a couple of reserve games.I totally agree with you,there was a complete lack of fight from our boys.Dromore cleaned us out in breaking ball,we showed no appetite whatsoever.

Sunny Day

Did Ardbo not win a minor championship 5 or 6 years ago beating Omagh in the County Final?  Where are those players?  Surely they should be forming the back bone of their senior team now.  I think Gavin Devlin managed that minor team from memory.