Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on February 05, 2015, 04:20:30 PM
Quote from: In hiding on February 05, 2015, 03:06:17 PM
First scenario is club championship games played over 2 weekends, second scenario is played over one weekend with a league game the previous week. Scenario 1 will produce bigger gates

scenario one means clubs with county players games would be fixed for 30/311 would not have their player for up to four and potentially five weeks if they don't have a league game on the weekend of 23/24. It just gets better FFs!! Was their league games last season when the same format was applied, even thou Omagh had five weeks to wait, yes 5 weeks to wait for the 1st round of the Ulster club.

Doesn't seem that long from people were complaining that the Tyrone Champions did not get enough time to prepare for Ulster!

Christmas Lights

Quote from: LeoMc on February 09, 2015, 08:02:21 AM
Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on February 05, 2015, 04:20:30 PM
Quote from: In hiding on February 05, 2015, 03:06:17 PM
First scenario is club championship games played over 2 weekends, second scenario is played over one weekend with a league game the previous week. Scenario 1 will produce bigger gates

scenario one means clubs with county players games would be fixed for 30/311 would not have their player for up to four and potentially five weeks if they don't have a league game on the weekend of 23/24. It just gets better FFs!! Was their league games last season when the same format was applied, even thou Omagh had five weeks to wait, yes 5 weeks to wait for the 1st round of the Ulster club.

Doesn't seem that long from people were complaining that the Tyrone Champions did not get enough time to prepare for Ulster!

Exactly, just can't win. 

Knock Yer Mucker In

So its quite fine to waste five weeks in Sept/Oct whilst half of the clubs in the club have no meaning full football after the end of May. this policy of having half of the clubs out of the championship by the end of May will eventually result in a reduced quality of player being developed for Tyrone at county level. With half of the team out, it means that half of the teams will be practising less, and less practise means poorer players in the long term if the policy is implemented year on year. That is the logical result of spending less time on the pitch. After we get beaten in the championship, we only are on the pitch practising once a week in comparison to three time s a week if we are still involve until minimum of August. I am certain that is how it goes for most clubs. A poor policy, a policy designed for the county team, and one that will ultimately result in a less developed county player if continued.

Sunny Day

When is the Club Championship Draw expected to take place,  and when is the league fixtures release date expected to be?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on February 09, 2015, 10:49:00 AM
So its quite fine to waste five weeks in Sept/Oct whilst half of the clubs in the club have no meaning full football after the end of May. this policy of having half of the clubs out of the championship by the end of May will eventually result in a reduced quality of player being developed for Tyrone at county level. With half of the team out, it means that half of the teams will be practising less, and less practise means poorer players in the long term if the policy is implemented year on year. That is the logical result of spending less time on the pitch. After we get beaten in the championship, we only are on the pitch practising once a week in comparison to three time s a week if we are still involve until minimum of August. I am certain that is how it goes for most clubs. A poor policy, a policy designed for the county team, and one that will ultimately result in a less developed county player if continued.

Dont get knocked out in the first round then  ;)

What is your solution to these issues ?
as someone else said, its seems they cant win
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Knock Yer Mucker In

This current way is not it, we would not have our county men for three weeks before our game, not one meaningful club league game for a min of 4 weeks before the club championship game either. Disgusting how clubs are treated. How come no one in the CCC can see Tyrone are not going to be in the semi final come August, as a result there will be lots of time. If there was one league game the week before the championship I would be happy enough, but the fact there is not one league game the week prior to the club championship immediately means this plan is not acceptable.

Tyrone Gaa

Love the KYMI Clonoe attitude, one minute its a conspiracy that no Clonoe men are picked by MH to represent Tyrone and the minute a few lads make the break thru there is moaning about starred fixtures and championship dates.  It is what it is, it will never suit every club, Moy have 5 starred fixtures knowing they will likely get 0 points.  Omagh hit hard as well.  In the past Carrickmore, Dromore and Errigal all hit hard.  Biggest winner this year is likely to be Carrickmore.

Swings in circles.  Now Clonoe have 3 men
Living the dream!!!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on February 09, 2015, 12:35:25 PM
This current way is not it, we would not have our county men for three weeks before our game, not one meaningful club league game for a min of 4 weeks before the club championship game either. Disgusting how clubs are treated. How come no one in the CCC can see Tyrone are not going to be in the semi final come August, as a result there will be lots of time. If there was one league game the week before the championship I would be happy enough, but the fact there is not one league game the week prior to the club championship immediately means this plan is not acceptable.

You have pointed out the issues with the current proposed system, I am still not seeing any solutions put forward of your own.
You are taking avery narrow view of thing because of what happens in your own club.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

In hiding

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on February 09, 2015, 12:39:21 PM
Love the KYMI Clonoe attitude, one minute its a conspiracy that no Clonoe men are picked by MH to represent Tyrone and the minute a few lads make the break thru there is moaning about starred fixtures and championship dates.  It is what it is, it will never suit every club, Moy have 5 starred fixtures knowing they will likely get 0 points.  Omagh hit hard as well.  In the past Carrickmore, Dromore and Errigal all hit hard.  Biggest winner this year is likely to be Carrickmore.

Clonoe have 4 men !!!

Knock Yer Mucker In

I thought I did, start championship in August and don't split weekends to play the 1st round so you can cream every penny from supporters, means it will be comfortably fitted in.

Tyrone GAA we played the 1st round last year in May and won, so it didn't effect us in terms of having no football in the summer bar a few league games, it effected 50 % of the other clubs in Tyrone, its a pity I care for the grassroots, isn't it??

Tyrone Gaa

Sorry I overlooked D. Quinn.  Clonoe have 4 county men, I stand corrected.

My point is, there is no right and wrong formula.  Your county team will have an impact on club championship.  Look at Donegal and how they run their club championship which was a complete shambles.

If a Tyrone winner doesn't get preparation time for Ulster Club its not right, if they get 5 weeks its too long.  Killyclogher had an early exit last year and if you asked anyone from that club they would say they were very happy with the way 2014 went.
Living the dream!!!

stringbean

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on February 09, 2015, 01:07:28 PM
I thought I did, start championship in August and don't split weekends to play the 1st round so you can cream every penny from supporters, means it will be comfortably fitted in.

Tyrone GAA we played the 1st round last year in May and won, so it didn't effect us in terms of having no football in the summer bar a few league games, it effected 50 % of the other clubs in Tyrone, its a pity I care for the grassroots, isn't it??

Not sure august start date would work if Tyrone were to progress in the All Ireland series (unlikely according to many however still a possibility). All Ireland qrtrs are at start of august with the semi's are the last weekends of August so does that leave the 2 week gap in between - not sure how that solves the problem you suggest of not having county players.

I actually thought it worked quite well last year and didn't notice anymore lads going to America apart from Tyrone players who prob would have went in any case given Tyrone's early exit - something they were perfectly entitled to do.

I think the problem lies in big clubs attitude to the league - if the league fed into the championship structure - say top 4 seeded in next years championship may make a difference

rrhf

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on February 09, 2015, 12:39:21 PM

Carrickmore have fcuk all county men for the first time in Id say 20 odd years.  Even when there was a huff in the 90s wasnt there others who played through this.  Its the end of a proud record of unbroken service.     

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: stringbean on February 09, 2015, 06:24:23 PM
Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on February 09, 2015, 01:07:28 PM

Not sure august start date would work if Tyrone were to progress in the All Ireland series (unlikely according to many however still a possibility). All Ireland qrtrs are at start of august with the semi's are the last weekends of August so does that leave the 2 week gap in between - not sure how that solves the problem you suggest of not having county players.

I actually thought it worked quite well last year and didn't notice anymore lads going to America apart from Tyrone players who prob would have went in any case given Tyrone's early exit - something they were perfectly entitled to do.

I think the problem lies in big clubs attitude to the league - if the league fed into the championship structure - say top 4 seeded in next years championship may make a difference

This is a very valid point, and this is really what drives the oposition to the early championship every year.

Wee Roddy

I think 1986 was the last time there was a Tyrone squad with no Carmen participation. There was a period between of a few years between Francis Rafferty's retirement and Raymond Monroes emergency were there was no one deemed good enough to were the jersey. Im led to believe that it was Mickey Hartes fault back then too :-)