Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowintothewind

Any truth that Sean Marty Lockhart will be managing Donaghmore this season?

Club Rossa

Heard the same about Lockhart this morning.

rrhf

Quote from: everymanaman on January 13, 2015, 04:05:05 PM
Quote from: W.A.G. Lover on January 13, 2015, 03:47:40 PM
Quote from: WT4E on January 12, 2015, 04:58:58 PM
Quote from: In hiding on January 07, 2015, 07:48:31 PM
Quote from: Traveller on January 06, 2015, 05:18:16 PM
Quote from: W.A.G. Lover on January 06, 2015, 05:05:55 PM
Cookstown Fr Rocks - Chris Collins
Eskra Emmetts - Palor McNulty
Moortown St Malachy's -
Derrylaughan Kevin Barry's GAC -
Edendork St Malachy's -
Loughmacrory St Teresa's - Eamon Kavanagh
Aghyaran St Davogs - Peter McGinnity
Pomeroy Plunketts - Tony Scullion
Kildress Wolfe Tones - Barry Dillon
Stewartstown Harps - Padraig O'Kane
Gortin St Patrick's - John Penrose
Galbally Pearses - Archie Beattie
Urney St Colmcille's - Reggie Porter
Killeeshil St Mary's - Paul Quinn
Rock St Patrick's - Niall Conway
Derrytresk Fir aChnoic -

Any updates on management in Division 2?

Sad to see Tony Scullion managing Pomeroy - word was he was on for coming back to the Tones where he is loved but needed time to sort some things out. Kildress then decided to appoint B Dillon as they had a chance to get him and he was being sought by other clubs.

Would have been great to have Scullion back but he's away to our rivals beside us - Anyhow Dillon is a good manager too from what I hear and I'm sure he'll do a good job anyway!

Kildress v Pomeroy is a fixture I'm really looking forward to this year now.

I thought with the likes of Scullion working for the Ulster Council their hands were tied and they could only work within their own club?
Or has he help from within the Pomeroy club to get around this?

Are Moortown going with their minor management of last year? seen on here previously Conleth Gilligan linked to them, but i'm sure he would wish to stick with Derrytresk now they're promoted!

Derrytresk have new management set up this year. As far as I know Gilligan not managing anyone as he's throwing full weight behind Ballinderry's attempt to win Derry cship
Peter Mc Ginnity back in Tyrone football with Aghyaran is the big story here.  Scullion would be a huge asset to any club. He is a gael you can only admire.  Tough as old boots..

Up The Middle

Quote from: Club Rossa on January 15, 2015, 03:38:09 PM

Heard from a Donaghmore man today that this is true.

Has he managed anyone before?
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Club Rossa

I think he's involved with his school's teams but I've no idea if he's taken any clubs.

Man Marker

Quote from: rrhf on January 15, 2015, 03:38:38 PM
Moortown St Malachy's -
Edendork St Malachy's -
Derrytresk Fir aChnoic -

Sad to see Tony Scullion managing Pomeroy - word was he was on for coming back to the Tones where he is loved but needed time to sort some things out. Kildress then decided to appoint B Dillon as they had a chance to get him and he was being sought by other clubs.

Would have been great to have Scullion back but he's away to our rivals beside us - Anyhow Dillon is a good manager too from what I hear and I'm sure he'll do a good job anyway!

I thought with the likes of Scullion working for the Ulster Council their hands were tied and they could only work within their own club?

Are Moortown going with their minor management of last year? seen on here previously Conleth Gilligan linked to them, but i'm sure he would wish to stick with Derrytresk now they're promoted!

Derrytresk have new management set up this year. As far as I know Gilligan not managing anyone as he's throwing full weight behind Ballinderry's attempt to win Derry cship
Peter Mc Ginnity back in Tyrone football with Aghyaran is the big story here.  Scullion would be a huge asset to any club. He is a gael you can only admire.  Tough as old boots..

Fell off the seat reading that about Scullion, is he not going into manage the team? Pomeroy have just recruited a manager has been about, who has zero record in championship football, if he was going to play them I would agree with you, buts he not.

Why are all our clubs all over Derry men?

Up The Middle

Quote from: Club Rossa on January 15, 2015, 04:02:24 PM
I think he's involved with his school's teams but I've no idea if he's taken any clubs.

If hes half as good a manager as he was a player he will do alright. They have left it late to find a manager.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

rrhf

Quote from: Man Marker on January 15, 2015, 04:09:42 PM
Moortown St Malachy's -
Edendork St Malachy's -
Derrytresk Fir aChnoic -

Fell off the seat reading that about Scullion, is he not going into manage the team? Pomeroy have just recruited a manager has been about, who has zero record in championship football, if he was going to play them I would agree with you, buts he not.

Why are all our clubs all over Derry men?
Tyrone men all over Fermanagh etc.

W.A.G. Lover

Anyone heard any talk of championship yet? Heard recently that 'they' intend to begin the championship in early May, so as McCarron's transfer can go through and able to play for Tyrone! Another case of Harte making the calls. No consideration for the clubs who loss in the 1st round, loss players to America, etc and struggle for the next 6 months!

Up The Middle

Quote from: W.A.G. Lover on January 15, 2015, 04:49:51 PM
Anyone heard any talk of championship yet? Heard recently that 'they' intend to begin the championship in early May, so as McCarron's transfer can go through and able to play for Tyrone! Another case of Harte making the calls. No consideration for the clubs who loss in the 1st round, loss players to America, etc and struggle for the next 6 months!

I heard the same from someone of the current county panel. Its a sad state of affairs if the club championship is being played to suit Cathal McCarron..........

rrhf

Lowintothewind

Quote from: Up The Middle on January 15, 2015, 03:59:28 PM
Quote from: Club Rossa on January 15, 2015, 03:38:09 PM

Heard from a Donaghmore man today that this is true.

Has he managed anyone before?

Not in club football but was manager at St Pats Maghera a few years ago when they won McRory Cup - I think.

Up The Middle

Quote from: rrhf on January 15, 2015, 05:04:56 PM
This has to be bullshit.

Supposedly he isnt eligable for Tyrone in championship until he plays for his club in championship. No reason to doubt it. Would it really be that surprising if true?

rrhf

I dont believe 70% of the stories about county managers doing this and that etc.  Even if Im wrong on 50 % of that %, as a rule then surely a figure of 35% overall is still too high to not have a serious seed of doubt in your mind.
Last year I thought that figure was closer to 80 % and that in itself was still down by 12% on the previous year.  If you are still unsure try cutting  these figures in three and you should still have enough doubt to not take everything at face value.   
Theres a bar chart somewhere online which illustrates this better than i could ever explain..

FermGael

Moortown St Malachy's -
Edendork St Malachy's -
Derrytresk Fir aChnoic -

It's McGinnitys second year.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered