Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkillfulBill

The biggest problem in Tyrone at the moment is that the current management set up have the potential to split the county.  The way football is coached in the county has been based on the belief that systems and tactics are more important than natural ability. It is time for change but my fear is that Harte has the potential to destroy his own legacy. Canavan had the good grace to recognise the right time to exit stage left does Mickey ?

sam03/05

Work for the cause????
He never wins a breaking ball, nor goes for dirty ball. He is over 6ft but can't catch a kick out above his head. His distribution with the foot pass is shocking, his shot selection is woeful. When he is taken off in games, (on last three occasions) he points to himself and asks "me". Against Down he got two goals, but his overall performance was still poor, throughout the game. He is no where near good enough, simple.

Quote from: LeoMc on July 13, 2014, 11:26:54 PM
Quote from: Club boi on July 13, 2014, 11:06:10 PM
Ciaran Mc Ginley!!!!!!!!! Don't make me laugh. Ask anybody from outside of Errigal "TOWIE" Ciaran and I would be confident of 95% people saying he's not good enough to even be in the squad never mind starting week in week out
He is one of a number of "athletes" in the team and squad who seem to be there for their ability to run all day and work for the "cause" rather than because of football ability. Not sure if Mickey is trying to find another player with the work rate of Dooher but Dooher wasn't just an athlete. He was a footballer first. A lot of the current generation are athletes first.

Was it not Enda McGinley captained Errigal to their title?

hugh the root

Tyrone will never win another all ireland with wee men as they are too easy shackled. If you want to persist with wee men then they need to be made of steel like canavan was.Tyrone have no power and but for colly Kavanagh and matty donnelly they would be well down the rankings.I am nearly 50 and could mark mcginley myself just by letting an odd roar at him !

redhandloo

Quote from: SkillfulBill on July 13, 2014, 11:34:46 PM
The biggest problem in Tyrone at the moment is that the current management set up have the potential to split the county.  The way football is coached in the county has been based on the belief that systems and tactics are more important than natural ability. It is time for change but my fear is that Harte has the potential to destroy his own legacy. Canavan had the good grace to recognise the right time to exit stage left does Mickey ?
I beg to differ on the line about tactics. Yesterdat I didn't see any plan or system of play whatsoever. Armagh had a clear defensive plan that we simply couldn't work out. My criticism would be that we have no system of play for quite some time.
Tough times don't last, tough people do!

NDA

The performance of the county team is no surprise given the situation. To begin with there is no money, Garvaghey has taken all the money and there is none left for teams or anything else. Garvaghey was a serious mistake, it cost too much, is too expensive to run and maintain and it isn't fit for purpose.
There is no leadership and the ultra negative dinosaurs are ruling the roost as the infighting in County Committee continues. CCC are a joke, fixture situation is of no benefit to clubs or county.
Tyrone looked tired yesterday. Is that a surprise??
I think in past 8 weeks these boys have played 5 c'ship games for Tyrone, c'ship for their clubs plus several club league games. Of course they are tired, they are amateur players. I guarantee you other successful county teams don't have to deal with a schedule like that.

hugh the root

NDA you are on the money. Well spoke Garvaghey is a bigger curse than the gypsy one on Mayo!There are people around Garvaghey that you would nt even sit beside at a football match as their knowledge is ZERO!

Christmas Lights

Quote from: hugh the root on July 14, 2014, 11:46:25 AM
NDA you are on the money. Well spoke Garvaghey is a bigger curse than the gypsy one on Mayo!There are people around Garvaghey that you would nt even sit beside at a football match as their knowledge is ZERO!

Your from garvaghey, right Hugh?

hugh the root

Dear Mickey,I have met with the rest of the clowns here in Garvaghey and we have decided to extend your contract as we being the CCC accept some culpability for the exit from the championship saying it was us that arranged league games one week before such an important game.Count yourself lucky as no ther county in Ireland would take our approach . We will just have to get Hugh MCaleer and Patsy Forbes fish for some more club tyrone members and maybe Kelly's will do next years catering for free saying that we send them lots of business.          Yours sincerely MICHAEL CARE! Lol !

matchfit21

So do you like the county board/ccc or not hugh?

hugh the root

Match fit it doesn't matter one contitental if I like the cb or CCC! The point is Ttrone need a new overhaul which means get rid of unwanted packages;this can be done either by trading them in (who would want them?) or just tip them into a skip at Tullyvar amenity centre! don't you start saying that there is no other option!

LeoMc

Quote from: sam03/05 on July 14, 2014, 09:11:17 AM
Work for the cause????
He never wins a breaking ball, nor goes for dirty ball. He is over 6ft but can't catch a kick out above his head. His distribution with the foot pass is shocking, his shot selection is woeful. When he is taken off in games, (on last three occasions) he points to himself and asks "me". Against Down he got two goals, but his overall performance was still poor, throughout the game. He is no where near good enough, simple.

Quote from: LeoMc on July 13, 2014, 11:26:54 PM
Quote from: Club boi on July 13, 2014, 11:06:10 PM
Ciaran Mc Ginley!!!!!!!!! Don't make me laugh. Ask anybody from outside of Errigal "TOWIE" Ciaran and I would be confident of 95% people saying he's not good enough to even be in the squad never mind starting week in week out
He is one of a number of "athletes" in the team and squad who seem to be there for their ability to run all day and work for the "cause" rather than because of football ability. Not sure if Mickey is trying to find another player with the work rate of Dooher but Dooher wasn't just an athlete. He was a footballer first. A lot of the current generation are athletes first.

Was it not Enda McGinley captained Errigal to their title?

I wasn't on here defending his selection. I was just making the point that he is one of a number of players who seem to fit a particular mold preferred by the current management.
Whilst I would always believe that no one player should be bigger than the team and all players should work for the team, the problem is we are picking players who meet the other criteria forgetting they need to be footballers first.

hugh the root

Tyrone need to become more aggressive and I don't think that is instilled on at least half the current panel. They need a bit of Clonoe DNA and I am not stirring the shit here. Damien Cassidy has done wonders for Clonoe whilst Tyrone are going backwards all the time  . Time for new faces on the hill at Ballygawley!

ONeill

I thought Sean Cavanagh's comments were telling. He more or less said the younger generation seem to think they have made it by being in the team/squad but are not prepared to show any guts when the chips are down.

There were a few 50/50s yesterday that became 90/10s in Armagh's favour.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fuzzman

Where did you read or hear those comments about Sean?

Seems quite true alright and is this the way this young lads have been brought up seeing Tyrone winning things and they think it's done easily with no fight.

Saying that Sean might be a star player but his younger brother gets stuck in a bit more than Sean does for the size of the man.

bigfrank

27th July the next league fixture im hearing?