Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Quote from: DennistheMenace on October 21, 2013, 09:33:50 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on October 14, 2013, 11:15:13 AM
Quote from: oakleafgael on October 14, 2013, 09:56:54 AM
Yesterdays match was a poor spectacle for the neutrals I thought, completely bereft of any intensity or physicality with the exception of two heavy hits on Donnelly who rode them very well. The atmosphere was incredibly flat for a championship final. There seemed to be a reluctance to actually kick the ball from Clonoe which was hard to fathom as any accurate kicked passes that went into the full forward line resulted in a score.

If Clonoe play like they did yesterday Ballinderry will beat them out the gate, the hand passing from side to side waiting for the movement will be like buns to a bear. If it hadnt have been for Sluddens big arse the game could have swung in the opposite direction and the wastefulness in the first half would have haunted a lot of Clonoe men. McAliskey was very sharp for the early part of the first half but he is tries to do to much himself at times, great prospect for Tyrone next year though. The flick for the first goal was class. He is the only Clonoe man that looks cut out for county football though, some great footballers amongst the rest of them but not a lot of pace I thought.

Conor Gormley was the problem for Carmen yesterday, they needed two of him. They couldnt win a ball at midfield for far too long but he was needed to try and steady the ship in the full back line. He is still the best defender in Tyrone by quite a distance.

Ballinderry will need to have improved a lot from last year if they are to beat Clonoe out the gate. Errigal beat them last year in a close enough affair and I can tell you that Clone of 2013 are every bit as good as Errigal of 2012 and maybe even a bit better.

As you seen Ballinderry have improved and must have one of the strongest club panels about. Not exactly fair on Clonoe and they didn't get a fair crack of the whip but I doubt they would have beat Ballinderry even if they had 2 weeks off. Derry football is still strong, unfortuantely for the rest, Ballinderry are just a good bit better.

They have indeed. Must have great young players stepping up when you look at the subs they can bring on. Fair play to them. I still think if Clonoe had of had a decent time gap they would have made a game of it.

Tyrone Gaa

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=203165

Sean has his say on the county board!!

Sean Cavanagh has slammed the Tyrone county board for refusing to postpone a club fixture which would have seen him miss the first International Rules Test.

Cavanagh's club Moy were due to meet neighbours Eglish in a relegation playoff on Saturday afternoon, only for the game to be called off due to a waterlogged pitch. If it had gone ahead, the former Ireland captain would have been forced to miss the game against Australia in Cavan a few hours later.

Eglish is the club of Cavanagh's late Tyrone team-mate Cormac McAnallen, after whom the International Rules trophy is named.

"I was very disappointed that the Tyrone county board put on a relegation fixture at four o'clock today. It was actually against Eglish, our biggest rivals," he is quoted in the Irish News.

"I've been fighting all week and Croke Park have been trying to fight all week to try and get the game moved. I think phone calls were put in and I was trying to get it across to the Tyrone county board that this competition means a lot to me personally just for the fact that it is Cormac's cup.

"I've been quite passionate about that down through the years. Even up to last night, I wasn't sure whether I was going to get to play. I thought I was maybe going to have to go down the road and play a club game today.

"It certainly means an awful lot to me to be able to go out there. Hopefully we can keep Cormac's cup here because he's still fresh in my memory."
Living the dream!!!

HealyHellRaiser

Sean Cananagh's using Cormac as a bargining point. Absoloute disgrace, He never has given a hoot about his club all about himself. I was chatting a lad from dromore today and he reckons big sean and his brother colm didnt go and watch moy v dromore because man utd were play swansea on tv that saturday evening? Big sean needs to catch himself on. I would love to watch them and Eglish go at it tomorrow night and someone fill Seans face.

HealyHellRaiser

On Another note I really enjoyed both games yesterday in Healy. Killeshill full value for their win with big hub having a great game and tremendous level of workrate. Peter Hughes was everywhere yesterday for eskra and I am sure its great for the man to banish the memories of missing the penalty in last years final. Some achievement first time in senior football. great to see. Who has been their management set up?

Hereiam

Cosmic Fool

Quote from: HealyHellRaiser on October 21, 2013, 04:48:03 PM
Sean Cananagh's using Cormac as a bargining point. Absoloute disgrace, He never has given a hoot about his club all about himself. I was chatting a lad from dromore today and he reckons big sean and his brother colm didnt go and watch moy v dromore because man utd were play swansea on tv that saturday evening? Big sean needs to catch himself on. I would love to watch them and Eglish go at it tomorrow night and someone fill Seans face.

Bit harsh - but I agree with ur main point!!!

Boghopper

The International Rules Series has had its day just another inconvenience slotted into an already congested fixture schedule, the booze up by the Aussies in Clare would tell you all you need to know about how seriously they are taking it. I'm not the biggest fan of the CCC although in this instance they were perhaps right if I had to choose my club over that hybrid nonsense then I know what I would have chosen.

inroundthesquare

Paul Feeney and Archie Beattie are Eskra's managers. Brought them on a lot these last 2 years.

Puckoon

Tremendous achievement by Eskra to move into Senior football.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Boghopper on October 21, 2013, 06:46:15 PM
The International Rules Series has had its day just another inconvenience slotted into an already congested fixture schedule, the booze up by the Aussies in Clare would tell you all you need to know about how seriously they are taking it. I'm not the biggest fan of the CCC although in this instance they were perhaps right if I had to choose my club over that hybrid nonsense then I know what I would have chosen.

they were right up to the point where they folded and allowed the game to be put back till tuesday night
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

LeoMc

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 21, 2013, 09:31:45 PM

they were right up to the point where they folded and allowed the game to be put back till tuesday night
They did not have much choice once the Moy lads got the hoses out.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: LeoMc on October 21, 2013, 09:38:08 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 21, 2013, 09:31:45 PM

They did not have much choice once the Moy lads got the hoses out.
:-X
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Under Lights

From what I understand the leagues will be finished up by the 17th of November. The playoffs will take place on Saturdays thereafter for a total of three weeks (extra time in games if necessary) and all should be cleared up by 7th of December.

Can everyone report for pre-season training on Friday 3rd of January. Thanks.

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: HealyHellRaiser on October 21, 2013, 04:48:03 PM

Sean Cavanagh has consistently talked about his pride in playing in these games and the fact that he's proud to honour Cormac's name. So he didn't just throw it out there over this fixture clash. The fact that he was prepared to miss the game to play for his club show's where his priorities lay. The point about the Dromore game is a load of nonsense. It wouldn't have been a big deal for Eglish or the county board to move the game forward a few hours or back to Sunday to accomodate his involvement. He was going to play in the club game either way - why did it have to clash?

Under Lights

Quote from: Under Lights on October 22, 2013, 08:28:06 AM
From what I understand the leagues will be finished up by the 17th of November. The playoffs will take place on Saturdays thereafter for a total of three weeks (extra time in games if necessary) and all should be cleared up by 7th of December.

Can everyone report for pre-season training on Friday 3rd of January. Thanks.

Further to this- it looks like a number of teams in Division 1 may all finish tied at 12 points.  There will be a playoff between these teams to see who goes into the relegation playoff. Playoffs within playoffs- inception.