Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wee Roddy

Indeed the atmosphere was very good on Monday night. I would say its a long time since Carrickmore had as young a team out. Ididnt know all the Errigal players so I would say they were young as well. Coalisland and Dromore are the form teams and if they meet in the championship I know who my money would be on!

time ticking away

Quote from: Wee Roddy on May 22, 2013, 04:07:48 PM
Indeed the atmosphere was very good on Monday night. I would say its a long time since Carrickmore had as young a team out. Ididnt know all the Errigal players so I would say they were young as well. Coalisland and Dromore are the form teams and if they meet in the championship I know who my money would be on!
Who ??
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

qubdub

Quote from: Getlucky on May 22, 2013, 09:51:49 AM
[Loughmacrory just seem miles ahead in D3. Wonder what the odds on Ulster would be for them? This early on, might get good odds.

Certainly seem like a good bet for a double in Tyrone, not sure how interested they would be in pursuing Ulster.  Apparently they just want out of the division with little fuss
I'd have my money on one of the Armagh teams retaining ulster... over 20 teams entered into the armagh junior this year with a number plying their trade in Division 2 and one team that played senior championship last year entered!

Wee Roddy

time ticking away

A very assertive statement there wee roddy, do you not think the townies and their white boots have the kahunas for the battle
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

orangeman

Junior

Prelim:

Dregish v Brocagh

1st Round:

Drumragh v Drumquin

Aghaloo v Fintona

Castlederg v Killeeshil

Prelim winners v Loughmacrory

Glenelly v Newtownstewart

Owen Roes v Clogher

Beragh v Tattyreagh

Errigal III v Killyman

Intermediate

Pomeroy v Strabane

Brackaville v Dungannon

Eskra v Edendork

D'tresk v Rock

S'town v Kildress

Clann na Gael v Urney

Galbally v Gortin

Moortown v Aghyaran

Seniors

G'castle v Eglish

Trillick v Ardboe

D'laughan v Coalisland

Augher v Donaghmore

Errigal v Dromore

Carrickmore v Cookstown

Moy v K'clogher

Clonoe v Omagh

EC Unique

Quote from: Wee Roddy on May 23, 2013, 03:16:39 PM
Dromore...end off

Who do you think would win between Errigal and Dromore in the championship?

LeoMc

So 2 big guns will go early Dromore/Errigal and Omagh/Clonoe.
Great chance for a few of the lesser lights to make a semi.

Club Rossa

First cship meeting of Ardboe and Trillick since the 1987 final replay.So much history between the 2 teams,epic battles in the 70's and in particular the 80's.They weren't for the faint hearted that's for sure.Really looking forward to locking horns with them again.

orangeman

Some great tussles in store and ties that are sure to generate serious debate.

Hard to believe Trillick and Ardboe haven't met since 87.

Club Rossa

The boys nowadays wouldn't be made of the same stuff as the Ardboe and Trillick men of that time Orangeman.Huge respect between the 2 clubs because of those battles.

orangeman

Quote from: Club Rossa on May 23, 2013, 11:22:47 PM
The boys nowadays wouldn't be made of the same stuff as the Ardboe and Trillick men of that time Orangeman.Huge respect between the 2 clubs because of those battles.

Hardy boys.

winghalfback

Quote from: orangeman on May 23, 2013, 10:25:42 PM
Junior

Prelim:

Dregish v Brocagh

1st Round:

Drumragh v Drumquin

Aghaloo v Fintona

Castlederg v Killeeshil

Owen Roes v Clogher

Beragh v Tattyreagh

Errigal III v Killyman

Intermediate

Pomeroy v Strabane

Brackaville v Dungannon

Eskra v Edendork

D'tresk v Rock

S'town v Kildress

Clann na Gael v Urney

Galbally v Gortin

Moortown v Aghyaran

Seniors

G'castle v Eglish

Trillick v Ardboe

D'laughan v Coalisland

Augher v Donaghmore

Errigal v Dromore

Carrickmore v Cookstown

Moy v K'clogher

Clonoe v Omagh

Highlighted my tips for championship first round. Think there will be a few draws in throughout the grades but these teams will prevail. Some tasty draws in each grade. Rock v Derrytresk stands out as a great tie but Derrytresk are rumoured to be loosing a few big men to USA over the summer and for this reason I think Rock will win easy. Brackaville Dungannon is also an interesting tie both teams hoping for a run to sustain intermdiate football. Strabane v Pomeroy will be a great game and I think Strabane could push very hard for promotion this year. Dromore v Errigal and Clonoe V Omagh are the obvious ties of the whole first round draws they could go either way but i think both teams i picked are just going to get over the line.
I will tip Loughmacrory for Junior championship outsiders being newtownstewart
Moortown for Intermediate outsiders being strabane
senior championship toss up between clonoe and dromore outsiders carrickmore. Carrickmore are rebuilding but a few of their players have still got a dying kick in them and it could be enough to win a championship. I dont think clonoes league form is anything to worry about come first round day they have all to play and word from the camp is they have been experimenting in league games thats why results have been poor so if they are not concerned then neither am I. Dromore are the team they have been over the last 10 years and plenty of miles on the clock to go yet plus they will be reeling after last year too.

bogball88

Quote from: winghalfback on May 23, 2013, 11:56:38 PM
Quote from: orangeman on May 23, 2013, 10:25:42 PM
Junior

Prelim:

Dregish v Brocagh

1st Round:

Drumragh v Drumquin

Aghaloo v Fintona

Castlederg v Killeeshil

Owen Roes v Clogher

Beragh v Tattyreagh

Errigal III v Killyman

Intermediate

Pomeroy v Strabane

Brackaville v Dungannon

Eskra v Edendork

D'tresk v Rock

S'town v Kildress

Clann na Gael v Urney

Galbally v Gortin

Moortown v Aghyaran

Seniors

G'castle v Eglish

Trillick v Ardboe

D'laughan v Coalisland

Augher v Donaghmore

Errigal v Dromore

Carrickmore v Cookstown

Moy v K'clogher

Clonoe v Omagh

Highlighted my tips for championship first round. Think there will be a few draws in throughout the grades but these teams will prevail. Some tasty draws in each grade. Rock v Derrytresk stands out as a great tie but Derrytresk are rumoured to be loosing a few big men to USA over the summer and for this reason I think Rock will win easy. Brackaville Dungannon is also an interesting tie both teams hoping for a run to sustain intermdiate football. Strabane v Pomeroy will be a great game and I think Strabane could push very hard for promotion this year. Dromore v Errigal and Clonoe V Omagh are the obvious ties of the whole first round draws they could go either way but i think both teams i picked are just going to get over the line.
I will tip Loughmacrory for Junior championship outsiders being newtownstewart
Moortown for Intermediate outsiders being strabane
senior championship toss up between clonoe and dromore outsiders carrickmore. Carrickmore are rebuilding but a few of their players have still got a dying kick in them and it could be enough to win a championship. I dont think clonoes league form is anything to worry about come first round day they have all to play and word from the camp is they have been experimenting in league games thats why results have been poor so if they are not concerned then neither am I. Dromore are the team they have been over the last 10 years and plenty of miles on the clock to go yet plus they will be reeling after last year too.

Really???

Wee Roddy

Quote from: EC Unique on May 23, 2013, 10:26:02 PM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on May 23, 2013, 03:16:39 PM
Dromore...end off

Who do you think would win between Errigal and Dromore in the championship?
I really do not know. It is funny to say that I said to a friend of mine in Dunmoyle on Monday night that if Errigal get a handy 1st round tie, they will be very very difficult to beat IMO it is the toughest draw they could have got. Last years final will be fresh in Dromores mind. For all the other contenders it is good news as one of the big guns will have to peak early and play well throughout the championship to win it which is difficult to do