Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winghalfun

Apparently Brockagh are getting Shay McKeown. ;D

ziggysego

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all the Tyrone members here at gaaboard.com
Testing Accessibility

Norf Tyrone

Where are them two fellas from Bummer?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ziggysego

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on December 22, 2006, 04:45:14 PM
Just had a brief read of the Teamtalk yearbook, Noel McGinn takes a swipe at hoganstand.com!

Read that too Fionntamhnach. I wonder does he read this board too? Er.... hello Noel.... welcome! :D

So did you all see me in it? A little clue, which will probably get me into trouble, I'm not in it to do with Greencastle.
Testing Accessibility

never kickt a ball

Just on that what do you all think of Teamtalk Mag itself? I find it impossible to know when the next publication will appear plus I think it is front loaded with far too many photos (especially of youth teams). It is probably a good archive of Tyrone football though and the awards they have introduced are excellent.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

ONeill

Is there an All-Ireland minor club tournament? When Errigal won last year (and hopefully the Island this year), did they progress further?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

never kickt a ball

Don't think there was. I didn't hear of one anyway. Even the Ulster Minor is unusual in that they play all their games at the same venue.

ONeill

Well, good luck to the Fianna anyway. About time East Tyrone starting winning again....

never kickt a ball

C.L.G. Dun na nGall
Buncrana Cup 2007

Group 2
Antrim
Down
Tyrone
Armagh

Fri 6th / Sat 7th April
Tyrone v  Antrim

Fri 13th / Sat 14th April   
Down v  Tyrone

Fri 20th / Sat 21st April
Tyrone v Armagh

Group 1           Group 2
Cavan    Donegal      Antrim   Down
Fermanagh   Monaghan      Tyrone   Armagh
Derry            

Group 2 Fixtures
Date                Home Team Away Team                    
Rd1
Fri 6th / Sat 7th  April   Tyrone Vs Antrim        
                  Armagh Vs  Down                                    

Rd 2
Fri 13th / Sat 14th  April Antrim Vs Armagh    
                      Down Vs Tyrone   

Rd 3
Fri 20th / Sat 21st
April   Down   Vs   Antrim   
   Tyrone   Vs   Armagh   

Group 1 Fixtures
Date           Home Team   Away Team   
Rd1
Fri 6th / Sat 7th  April   Donegal   Vs Fermanagh   
                    Monaghan Vs Derry   
                   Cavan Free   
Rd 2
Fri 13th / Sat 14th  April   Cavan Vs Donegal   
                              Fermanagh Vs Derry
                             Monaghan Free   
Rd 3
Fri 20th / Sat 21st
April   Derry Vs Donegal    
   Cavan Vs Monaghan   
   Fermanagh Free   
Rd 4
Fri 27th / Sat 28th April   Donegal Vs Monaghan   
                                    Fermanagh Vs Cavan
                                     Derry Free   
Rd 5
Fri 4th  / Sat 5thMay   Monaghan   Vs Fermanagh   
                    Derry Vs Cavan
                     Donegal Free   

Buncrana Cup Semi Finals   Fri 18th or Sat 19th May 2007
Buncrana Cup Final   Sat 26th May 2007
Other dates of interest
Ulster Youth Games (Cow&Gate) Belfast   Sat 12th of May 2007
Ulster Co. U16 Blitz   Sat  4th of August 2007

Taken from:
http://tyronegaa.ie/admin/documents/BuncranaCup2007Fixtures.doc

uselessfootballer

Onion Bay, if I mind right Harte withheld young Mulgrew from his college squad during last years McKenna Cup.
The article you refer to (haven't read it yet) seems to be a dramatic extension of the same policy.
Would agree that it doesn't make much sense, the stronger the college teams are then the more compettive the matches are and the county teams benefit in the end.

never kickt a ball

I suspect from what he is saying Mickey Harte wants to take a look at players who are breaking into the panel or are on the fringe of it rather than those players who are established.

ziggysego

Mickey said that the College teams, should be for players who aren't quite strong enough yet for the County teams.

Mickey will be using the McKenna Cup to test out new players and to give some of last year's, who didn't get a long run, a chance to see if they can cut it in the National League.

Personally I think he is correct in this stance, though I'm sure there wil be plenty who will disagree with me.
Testing Accessibility

Cloc Mor

Mickey not wanting Tyrone players to play for their Colleges - would this be anything to do with the fallout he had with Paddy Tally his ex-trainer and now St. Mary's manager?

ONeill

The Hoover Remains.

Dooher gets third year as captain

Brian Dooher is to serve a third successive term as Tyrone skipper.

But manager Mickey Harte will have to nominate a stand-in captain for the Dr McKenna Cup and possibly the early stages of the National Football League.

Dooher is continuing his rehabilitation from a serious knee injury and will not be available for the Red Hands until late January at the earliest.

Dooher has been sidelined since sustaining a cracked kneecap during a training accident in June.

The former Allstar's two previous seasons in the role produced a stark contrast in fortunes.

In 2005 he led the Ulster county to All-Ireland glory, but last year missed most of the season due to injury as the Sam Maguire Cup holders surrendered their crown rather tamely.

Tyrone were hit by a rash of injuries in 2006, which also robbed them of the services at crucial stages of Brian McGuigan, Colin Holmes, Stephen O'Neill and Gerard Cavlan, while Conor Gormley broke an ankle after the side's exit from the title race at the hands of Laois.

All are well on the road to recovery, however, and Harte expects to have a fully fit squad at his disposal by the midway point of the NFL.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/6217685.stm