Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on November 19, 2009, 10:38:53 AM
Re: Today's Off The Fence:

I'm trying hard work work out where West Tyrone starts.... Would it be everything West of Pomeroy?  ???

Good question :

Kileeshil would be considered East but not Errigal ?? Aghaloo - are they east or west ?

http://www.tyronegaa.ie/clubLocator.jsp

Interesting if you look at the map - East seems to be one small area compared to the "west" ??

EC Unique

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: orangeman on November 19, 2009, 11:32:43 AM
Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on November 19, 2009, 10:38:53 AM
Re: Today's Off The Fence:

I'm trying hard work work out where West Tyrone starts.... Would it be everything West of Pomeroy?  ???

Good question :

Kileeshil would be considered East but not Errigal ?? Aghaloo - are they east or west ?

http://www.tyronegaa.ie/clubLocator.jsp

Interesting if you look at the map - East seems to be one small area compared to the "west" ??

Me thinks it's more psychological than physical. A psychological map of Tyrone would be interesting.  :P

I actually think its more a case of which towns/villages relate to the large market towns, ie; Omagh, Strabane in the West, Cookstown, Dungannon in the East.
Carrickmore falls somewhat in the middle of Omagh-Dungannon-Cookstown, but is more inclined to Omagh (thinking in terms of secondary school attendance here ie. CBS/Loreto etc), Ballygawley is perhaps more inclined to Dungannon. The soon to expire district council boundaries might hold an answer where the iron curtain falls: somewhere between Carmen (Omagh DC) and Pomeroy (Cookstown DC).

Maybe we should speak in terms of 'The Far East' to be more clear in future!  ;D
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

Wee Roddy

:D the far east. I like it.
It reminds me of an incident that happened in a minor match between Carmen and Omagh 2 or 3 years ago. Omagh got a score at the end to draw the match and an Omagh player turned to one of ours and said "yous east tyrone boys think youse are all it. We will show yous".  I found this extremley amusing when being told it.

On a football note, Adrian Clarke has been reappointed as Carrickmore senior manager for a 2nd season. Its the 1st time since 2000 that a manager has not either left or been told to leave. I believe it was player influence that persuaded him to stay on.

Rocky Mc Guigan

Quote from: Wee Roddy on November 19, 2009, 03:54:56 PM
It reminds me of an incident that happened in a minor match between Carmen and Omagh 2 or 3 years ago. Omagh got a score at the end to draw the match and an Omagh player turned to one of ours and said "yous east tyrone boys think youse are all it. We will show yous".  I found this extremley amusing when being told it.

On a football note, Adrian Clarke has been reappointed as Carrickmore senior manager for a 2nd season. Its the 1st time since 2000 that a manager has not either left or been told to leave. I believe it was player influence that persuaded him to stay on.
Absolutely nothing to do with the financial rewards on offer then!!

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on November 19, 2009, 04:03:08 PM

Money often gets them in the door Rocky, but it takes more than money to keep them there.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

Rocky Mc Guigan

Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on November 19, 2009, 04:36:07 PM
Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on November 19, 2009, 04:03:08 PM

Money often gets them in the door Rocky, but it takes more than money to keep them there.
I'd say you're right. It takes more money!!!LOL

goal and a point

Quote from: EC Unique on November 19, 2009, 11:51:34 AM
County board are at it again to pay for garvaghy ::)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/foyle_and_west/8367941.stm

They should call into tiffys and see was it open at 3am - maybe a few witnesses about.

EC Unique

Quote from: goal and a point on November 19, 2009, 05:07:53 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on November 19, 2009, 11:51:34 AM
County board are at it again to pay for garvaghy ::)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/foyle_and_west/8367941.stm

They should call into tiffys and see was it open at 3am - maybe a few witnesses about.

The boyos that are in there at 3am would not know if a digger drove over them never mind see anything else :D :D

The front of the bank is some mess! Whole front of the building will need rebuilt.

mick the master

Adrain Clarke has not been reappointed as Carricmore manager it has to go in front of the new committee for the year coming in!

Wee Roddy

I doubt your wrong Mick. Just ask about. He met a group of senior players to ask straight out if they were happy. I think the decision was unaminous in Clarkes favour.

redhugh

I heard it last night from a source I would trust that Clarke would be staying for sure.

thewanderer

But will he get success or remain the nearly manager?

mick the master

Quote from: Wee Roddy on November 20, 2009, 02:07:49 PM
I doubt your wrong Mick. Just ask about. He met a group of senior players to ask straight out if they were happy. I think the decision was unanimous in Clarke's favour.
Yes did meet the players on Wednesday night and every thing was all good,but it has to be finalised by the coming years committee!i think if he stays would be a positive sign for the club as the saying goes a summer doesn't make a swallow!

carol6

Well done to Omagh CBS on their great win in today's Rannafast Cup Final on a scoreline of 3-13 to 1-10. Not a bad return for a team that very few in the school fancied to win anything. A fine achievement for the two lads in charge. Young Mc Crory looks like he is quite a prospect