Serious contenders for Liam

Started by youngfella, April 20, 2009, 01:22:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

youngfella

Who do you rate as contenders for Liam and in what order. My opinion based on current form:

Front Runner
Kilkenny

Realistic Chasers
Tipp
Waterford
Dublin

Still a bit to do
Offaly
Cork
Galway
Clare
Wexford   
Limerick

Wont make an impact but might case an upset

Antrim
Roscommon
Down
Westmeath

Not next nor near it
New York
The rest no disrepect

By the way this is my opinion on how I think things stand, so no personal attacks please. Also please give your own giving the above format if you wish. Yes i have robbed the idea on oakleafer, thanks. 
Pull hard and early

Oakleafer93

Not to well by the looks of things as only 12 counties can compete for Liam.

youngfella

tis true, but more worrying is that only about 4 have a decent chance
Pull hard and early

Oakleafer93

Quote from: youngfella on April 20, 2009, 01:38:56 AM
tis true, but more worrying is that only about 4 have a decent chance

You'd be better editing it before they big guns come on in the morning and rip the piss out of you.

mountainboii

ONeill

Ffs, I know nowt about hurlin but I know the dubs aren't in the top 4 come summer
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: ONeill on April 20, 2009, 01:58:20 AM
Ffs, I know nowt about hurlin but I know the dubs aren't in the top 4 come summer

Maybe not previously but they have a great chance this year

Zulu

I don't think there is much to suggest Dublin are a top 4 side, improvements made no doubt but you'd still have to have them behind Tipp, Galway, Waterford, Limerick and Cork.

Front Runner
Kilkenny

Realistic Chasers
Tipp
Waterford
Galway
Cork

Still a bit to do
Dublin
Limerick

Offaly
Clare
Wexford

Not next nor near it
The rest

INDIANA

the winner
kilkenny

Contenders
Tipp

The chasing pack
Cork
Waterford
Wexford
Galway

Might take a scalp
Limerick
Dublin
Clare
Offaly
Antrim

Our Nail Loney

I could have swore there was a hurling section??

???

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: youngfella on April 20, 2009, 01:22:21 AM
Who do you rate as contenders for Liam and in what order. My opinion based on current form:

Front Runner
Kilkenny

Realistic Chasers
Tipp
Waterford
Dublin

Still a bit to do
Offaly
Cork
Galway
Clare
Wexford   
Limerick

Antrim
Roscommon
Down
Westmeath

Not next nor near it
New York
The rest no disrepect

By the way this is my opinion on how I think things stand, so no personal attacks please. Also please give your own giving the above format if you wish. Yes i have robbed the idea on oakleafer, thanks. 

You could have least put Laois into the Not next nor near it section we are still involved ya know!
You'll Never Walk Alone.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Zulu on April 20, 2009, 09:01:02 AM
I don't think there is much to suggest Dublin are a top 4 side, improvements made no doubt but you'd still have to have them behind Tipp, Galway, Waterford, Limerick and Cork.

Front Runner
Kilkenny

Realistic Chasers
Tipp
Waterford
Galway
Cork

Still a bit to do
Dublin
Limerick

Offaly
Clare
Wexford

Not next nor near it
The rest

Zulu, on what basis do you have Limerick ahead of Offaly, Clare and Wexford? Is that the green glasses?

Zulu

Green glasses? Not at all, Limerick were in the All Ireland final 2 years ago, comfortably retained their division 1 status having performed well enough in most games and Justin McCarthy is on board which should help their hurling.

Both Offaly and Wexford are in division 2, neither have done much recently with little evidence that will change this year IMO. Clare were relegated, have internal problems and are in trouble this year fromn what I can see. Now of course you could make a case that Limerick aren't great but at the moment I'd fancy Limerick against any of those 3 teams.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Zulu on April 20, 2009, 11:26:32 AM
Green glasses? Not at all, Limerick were in the All Ireland final 2 years ago, comfortably retained their division 1 status having performed well enough in most games and Justin McCarthy is on board which should help their hurling.

Both Offaly and Wexford are in division 2, neither have done much recently with little evidence that will change this year IMO. Clare were relegated, have internal problems and are in trouble this year fromn what I can see. Now of course you could make a case that Limerick aren't great but at the moment I'd fancy Limerick against any of those 3 teams.

You might fancy them, I'd fancy the opposition to make a game of it as well. I wouldn't put Dublin or Limerick in a category ahead of Clare, Wexford or Offaly to be honest. I see 4 main categories. The winners -  Kilkenny, The 'on a given day' challengers like Tipp, Cork, Galway and maybe Waterford, and the 'Chasing Pack' which is the likes of Dublin, Clare, Limerick, Offaly, Wexford, and the rest below that.

Zulu

Well it's all about opinions AZ and you could group them as you did if you want but on current evidence I think it is fair enough to put Limerick and Dublin ahead of the other 3. I would think a championship game between any of those 5 teams would be close enough but like I said if you gave me a free €100 bet I'd back Limerick against any of the other 4 and certainly against Clare, Wexford or Offaly.