The Official Derry City FC thread

Started by TacadoirArdMhacha, April 19, 2009, 11:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: longrunsthefox on November 07, 2009, 09:34:08 PM
He called for them to be wound up... vindictive and knew what he was about being a solicitor. am just saying he'll be celebrating tonite.. bollox that he is.

He wasn't being vindicitive. He was campaigning on behalf of his club. Derry's officials behaved disgracefully through all this, and treated Dungannon with contempt. They made their bed.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

longrunsthefox

Looks vindictive to me, wanting a club wound up that means so much to so many people. I'm sure Derry behaved badly but to ask for the club to be totally exterminted... jees! What goes around... 

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: longrunsthefox on November 07, 2009, 10:47:26 PM
Looks vindictive to me, wanting a club wound up that means so much to so many people. I'm sure Derry behaved badly but to ask for the club to be totally exterminted... jees! What goes around...

If Dungannon just lay back and let Derry walk away with their £30000, if would be the Swifts being exterminated. It's tantamount to theft IMHO.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Zulu

LOI clubs have long been living in a fools paradise, we give out about bankers and the like getting over paid, while we have lads in this country earning €60-80K for playing soccer in front of one man and his dog, madness. Professional soccer should be scrapped in this country, even semi-professional is probably beyond the clubs means. It's a joke and I have little sympathy for these clubs.

longrunsthefox

Well seems most posters here say they have only themselves to blame, so I don't know enough on it to argue otherwise. Coming from a total GAA mindset I find it incredible a club would want another club abolished but I suppose soccer is about £££$$$$ rather than sport...

mountainboii

Quote from: longrunsthefox on November 08, 2009, 09:58:16 AM
Well seems most posters here say they have only themselves to blame, so I don't know enough on it to argue otherwise. Coming from a total GAA mindset I find it incredible a club would want another club abolished but I suppose soccer is about £££$$$$ rather than sport...

I wouldn't be so sure that GAA clubs would remain so amicable if they were going round nicking £30 grand off each other.

Tonto

They were pursuing liquidation in a bid to force DCFC to pay them the money that Derry owed them.  As already said, if Derry took Swifts' money, it's nothing short of theft.

Anyway, why would Faloon or Swifts be celebrating?  It makes it more difficult for them to get their money and, perhaps, brings Dungannon one step closer to liquidation themselves!

BTW, I would welcome Derry coming home to the original and best, the Irish League! :)

magickingdom

Quote from: Tonto on November 08, 2009, 10:37:38 AM
They were pursuing liquidation in a bid to force DCFC to pay them the money that Derry owed them.  As already said, if Derry took Swifts' money, it's nothing short of theft.

Anyway, why would Faloon or Swifts be celebrating?  It makes it more difficult for them to get their money and, perhaps, brings Dungannon one step closer to liquidation themselves!

BTW, I would welcome Derry coming home to the original and best, the Irish League! :)

course you would! but i certainly hope that doesn't happen

longrunsthefox

Quote from: AFS on November 08, 2009, 10:36:24 AM

I wouldn't be so sure that GAA clubs would remain so amicable if they were going round nicking £30 grand off each other.

David Baine couldn't pull £30,000 out my club  :'(

magickingdom

you dont have a gaa mindset as your tripe in the tadhg kennelly thread shows.  they owe money = pay it back or face the consequences. .

longrunsthefox

Quote from: magickingdom on November 08, 2009, 01:32:32 PM

you dont have a gaa mindset as your tripe in the tadhg kennelly thread shows.  they owe money = pay it back or face the consequences. .

Oh! is that what the GAA is about?... Tadgh Kennelly's behaviour... plan to take a man out and boast about it to make money for himself   ::) 

nifan

lrtf, i dont know what business you are in but if you where in a position where you did some work for a gaa company, and they refused to pay you, would you leave it be even if it meant you and your family losing your house.

Id have an affection for Derry City, and have many mates devestated by the news (maribor kev who used to post on here is probably the biggest DC fan there is!) so i take no pleasure in this, but Dungannon where an injured party, not the baddies in this.

MW

Very sad for Derry City fans, and for their sake I hope they don't lose their team.

Derry's board seem to have behaved poorly from what detail I know of all this - though they're now threatening legal action against the FAI and claiming they've been hard done by.

The League of Ireland's experiment with full-time football is fatally flawed as has been shown by the cases of Shelbourne, Derry, Cork and Drogheda.

The Irish League has in the main not fallen into such dire straits but there's huge issues to address in football in both NI and RoI.

MW

Quote from: Tonto on November 08, 2009, 10:37:38 AM

They publicly rejected the idea a couple of weeks ago so it would be hard for them to go back on that now.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: nifan on November 08, 2009, 10:21:25 PM
lrtf, i dont know what business you are in but if you where in a position where you did some work for a gaa company, and they refused to pay you, would you leave it be even if it meant you and your family losing your house.
Id have an affection for Derry City, and have many mates devestated by the news (maribor kev who used to post on here is probably the biggest DC fan there is!) so i take no pleasure in this, but Dungannon where an injured party, not the baddies in this.

WTF?!!!  ??? what family was going to lose their home?