Create a 'Soccer Discussion' section!

Started by Tankie, April 19, 2009, 07:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mountainboii

Very opportune time to complain that there are too many soccer threads on the first page - a Sunday evening on one of the final weekends of the season, just after two big FA cup games and several other important relegation/promotion battles. Some of these threads will probably stay near the front page til Wednesday because of the mid week games but come back Thursday or Friday and there might not be any soccer threads about. Also, whats wrong with people that they can't click on the 'page 2' link?

mountainboii

Four music related threads on the first page  :o

This is a joke, I'm finding the board very difficult to navigate now. I move for a music section to be created!

fred the red

Quote from: Chrisowc on April 19, 2009, 08:09:39 PM
What is this soccer?

is this satire or a serious question?

does anyone get it?

Tankie

Quote from: hardstation on April 19, 2009, 10:03:11 PM
Quote from: Tankie on April 19, 2009, 09:49:13 PM
Quote from: hardstation on April 19, 2009, 09:45:29 PM
Why do you complain so much?

It's a thread.

Open......Don't open

I is not a matter of open or close, the main page is full of soccer threads and other discussions get pushed down and then just dropped. If there is such and interest in one particular subject (English Soccer) that take up 8 threads on the main page alone well there there is a case for a soccer section.

What is peoples problem with it? it will make the board easier to use.
Please stop talking shite. Easier to use? If one is incapable of clicking on the thread one wants to read, one is a f**king spastic.

Or if a huge amount of posters are English soccer fans and post about it everyday taking over the General Discussion - Why not just create a Soccer Section?
Grand Slam Saturday!

mountainboii

Six threads about TV shows between page one and two. Mods, create a TV section!  >:(

Tankie

Quote from: hardstation on April 19, 2009, 10:08:56 PM
Your board would be boards.ie. They cater for all.

I really dont see what your issue is, as a fan of English soccer would it not suit you better to have a soccer section where you could go and discuss all things soccer?
Grand Slam Saturday!

GalwayBayBoy

It's nearing the end of the season so there are a couple more soccer threads than usual. Few more weeks and it'll quieten down again. Don't see the need for a soccer section really. As people have already said you'll often find nearly as many about TV or music.

Chrisowc

it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

fred the red

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tankie

Quote from: hardstation on April 19, 2009, 10:16:19 PM
As a whinger, would you like a whinging section, Tankie?

Wise up and stop talking shite.

Nothing to do with whinging, i am just looking to enhance the board. I am not slagging you for supporting soccer or anything so i dont see why your acting like a child. You have yet to say why it is not required..
Grand Slam Saturday!

Gnevin

Jasus some lads are bitterly a opposed to this . Must be a hang over from the 20's , say no to partition !  A GAA board  divided shall never be at peace
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Chrisowc

it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Gnevin

Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.