National League Final- Play it in Croke Park

Started by southderry, April 12, 2009, 07:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oakleafer93

No point to use alot of resourses to 1/4 fill croker? Parnell Park was a bit small last year for the double header maybe somewhere with 5-10,000 extra seats. Not Croker.

Oakleafer93

Quote from: tyronefan on April 12, 2009, 07:52:24 PM
no it would be played in Lourdes because it would be a miracle   :D

Thats not funny nor factual, remember less than 12 months ago. Short Memory.

tyronefan

Quote from: Oakleafer93 on April 12, 2009, 08:47:43 PM

really

when was the last time Derry met Kerry in a final in September 

Maguire01

I assume that the Division 1 and 2 finals would be a double header. I'd like a day out in Croke Park. Parnell should be ruled out for the Monaghan game.

What about a triple header to make Croker viable? Tipp v Down / Monaghan v Cork / Kerry v Derry
First game would have to start early. Might be a bit unfair on Antrim and Sligo though.

Oakleafer93

Quote from: Maguire01 on April 12, 2009, 08:55:15 PM
I assume that the Division 1 and 2 finals would be a double header. I'd like a day out in Croke Park. Parnell should be ruled out for the Monaghan game.

What about a triple header to make Croker viable? Tipp v Down / Monaghan v Cork / Kerry v Derry
First game would have to start early. Might be a bit unfair on Antrim and Sligo though.

It was 1 and 3 last year

tyronefan

still be tight to get 15 - 20 thousand

would like to see croke park used for these finals but would be dead with a half empty park

Maguire01

So throw thousands of tickets to schools. It's the 125th anniversary year - the GAA has already shown this year that it can push the boat out when it wants.

Oakleafer93

Quote from: tyronefan on April 12, 2009, 08:51:54 PM

really

Sorry though you were referring to the thread title as you just stuck that comment out there with no reference to any other post   ::)

muppet

Quote from: longrunsthefox on April 12, 2009, 08:44:05 PM
Quote from: jodyb on April 12, 2009, 08:36:46 PM
Quote from: ExiledGael on April 12, 2009, 07:46:28 PM
Get a grip. Not possible unless it was a double/triple header and it would still be dead half the time. All those games you mentioned in your argument would draw in 50,000 plus.
A Division One final between Kerry and Derry would draw maybe three thousand fans. That's about what it did take in last year. Both sides support was well outweighed by Wexford and Fermanagh fans in Parnell Park.
You'd be better served starting a campaign to get your neighbours up there to start going to support the county first off.

It was more than that EG, not much more, granted, but more. Somewhere in the region of 5,000. I agree with Bogball, Parnell as good as anywhere. Nothing worse than an empty Croker

Obviously you've never visited Strabane 
:-\

Has anyone?
MWWSI 2017

tyronefan

Quote from: Oakleafer93 on April 12, 2009, 09:04:30 PM
Quote from: tyronefan on April 12, 2009, 08:51:54 PM

really

Sorry though you were referring to the thread title as you just stuck that comment out there with no reference to any other post   ::)

read the post just before it   anyway relax  it was only a joke

southderry

As members of the GAA these four counties have every right to play National finals in the GAA headquarters. It is a sad day when Rugby and soccer teams can play in it and the real people for which Croke Park was built for arent allowed to play on it. it dosent matter one thing if there isnt 30,000 at it. They are GAA people and they demand equality with other sports. It would be more appealing if played in Croke park and would demonstrate a loyalty by those in charge of our National League. Last year was a farce-end of story.

Bogball XV

Quote from: southderry on April 12, 2009, 09:09:42 PMLast year was a farce-end of story.
I enjoyed it.
Quote from: Maguire01 on April 12, 2009, 09:01:01 PM
So throw thousands of tickets to schools. It's the 125th anniversary year - the GAA has already shown this year that it can push the boat out when it wants.
free tickets are not going to guarantee that people go - you'd probably need cash inducements too! 

Maguire01

The game(s) being in Croke Park in itself is probably worth another 5,000 people through the gates.

jodyb

You'd expect Monaghan to draw a decent crowd i would have thought