National League Final- Play it in Croke Park

Started by southderry, April 12, 2009, 07:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tankie

Quote from: Bogball XV on April 14, 2009, 09:55:18 PM
Quote from: Oakleafer93 on April 14, 2009, 04:03:16 PM
The club finals massed 35,000 people and there was quite a good atmosphere there, surely each couty would bring in the region of 8,000 people especially with it being in CrokerPark?

Everyone says last year there was little support in Parnell Park, well I WAS THERE and people were squashed in like sardines, and it was ticket only and I know people who didn't get a ticket. However from the Derry Kerry contingent I would say it was 80/20 Derry.
It wasn't ticket only (or if it was, tickets were available immediately before the turnstiles), people weren't squashed in like sardines (the stands were rigthly packed though) and I'd say it was more like 30% Fermanagh, 45% Derry, 10% Wexford, 10% neutral and 5% Kerry.

Otherwise, I'm happy enough it's in Croker now, we should be able to get about 30,000 if the Derry bandwagon gets up and running early, but we'll need a pile of monaghan boys to boost the numbers.

I think people are being very optimistic with some of the figures being thrown out here, I would be shocked if there was 25k in the stadium for the finals.
Grand Slam Saturday!

donelli

Tickets are €25
€5 for kids

on sale on ticketmaster

Maguire01

Just got an email from HQ - season ticket holders for the 4 counties are free for the final. Nice one.

Rossfan

Fair play --it was he least they could do.
However charging €25 is totally over the top for finals that nobody really cares about who wins even most of those taking part.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

johnpower

Quote from: Oakleafer93 on April 14, 2009, 10:23:41 PM
It'll be good for Derry an dMonaghan as well, Ulster will support each other, but can't see Cork and Kerry supporting each other!!

I agree with you little hope of neighbourly love on the 28 .

Maguire01

Quote from: Rossfan on April 17, 2009, 09:54:32 PM
Fair play --it was he least they could do.
However charging €25 is totally over the top for finals that nobody really cares about who wins even most of those taking part.
Well it wasn't the least they could do - they didn't have to do anything - it was made clear to all season ticket holders that they would be charged for additional games, so there's no need to undermine this gesture in any way.

I'd agree however that €25 is too steep if you're trying to attract neutrals through the gates.

Tyrone Dreamer

So much for the efforts to attract people to these games. €25 is too dear, they'd have been safer charging €15 and putting a bit of effort into promoting the game.