Post a pic of your favourite place in Ireland

Started by 5 Sams, April 09, 2009, 10:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnevin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on April 10, 2009, 08:03:50 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on April 10, 2009, 07:39:34 PM

Kilkenny is a great spot,thats a nice picture too.Did you take it yourself?

No just googled it . It's a super spot all right.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

longball

Here me and the woman looking to go away for a weekend away somewhere but nothing too expensive! Anyone know of where to we could go for cheap hotel and somewhere that would have something to do during the day. Pref in the North due to the Euro being up the left but if in south so be in!
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: longball on April 12, 2009, 04:15:14 PM
Here me and the woman looking to go away for a weekend away somewhere but nothing too expensive! Anyone know of where to we could go for cheap hotel and somewhere that would have something to do during the day. Pref in the North due to the Euro being up the left but if in south so be in!

That sounds good, I might copy you longball, diff weekend though!

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

jodyb

Quote from: Donagh on April 12, 2009, 12:23:34 AM
Quote from: J70 on April 12, 2009, 12:04:17 AM
Very gratifying to see so many pictures of Donegal!

Never appreciated the wild and scenic setting when I was growing up - it only much later that it kind of hit me one day.

Unfortunately if you took any of those photos now there'd be a dozen bungalows in each one.

An' 10 of them, holiday homes belongin' to those nordy b@st@rds :D

Gnevin

Quote from: jodyb on April 12, 2009, 09:58:10 PM
Quote from: Donagh on April 12, 2009, 12:23:34 AM
Quote from: J70 on April 12, 2009, 12:04:17 AM
Very gratifying to see so many pictures of Donegal!

Never appreciated the wild and scenic setting when I was growing up - it only much later that it kind of hit me one day.

Unfortunately if you took any of those photos now there'd be a dozen bungalows in each one.

An' 10 of them, holiday homes belongin' to those nordy b@st@rds :D
Sure they are crying out for us to stay in Ireland now. I should be allowed build a bungalow in the middle of glen de lough
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Puckoon

Drumquin you're not a city, but you're all the world to me.

Orior

Hey guys, you're not supposed to post your own county.

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Tony Baloney

Almost everyone has selected somewhere coastal. Not surprising given the scenery around the coast of Ireland, but are there any scenic areas of note inland?

Gabriel_Hurl

I took this picture a few years back at my the hotel my brother had his wedding reception at.

Harvey's Point just outside Donegal Town - it was so calm, so peaceful on a cold December afternoon

5 Sams

Have to say i was impressed with this spot...

The Aristocrat Years

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 13, 2009, 09:17:48 PM
I took this picture a few years back at my the hotel my brother had his wedding reception at.

Harvey's Point just outside Donegal Town - it was so calm, so peaceful on a cold December afternoon

Heading there for a wedding myself on Friday...
... not my own I add.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Orior

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 13, 2009, 09:58:32 PM

Heading there for a wedding myself on Friday...
... not my own I add.

I want to the play beside it last October. Total splendid luxury and so memorable that I've forgotten its name.

J70

Lough Eske is a beautiful spot all right. And it took a foreigner to have the imagination to put up a hotel out there!

Orior

Yes, Lough Eske. 

At the time I thought "what effing decadence" but then I thought ah feck I'm paying for this, might as well enjoy it.