will mickey harte ever keep quiet?

Started by shamateur gaels, April 09, 2009, 01:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: tyrone exile on April 11, 2009, 11:20:03 PM
I agree that it is quite sickening seeing him in the paper every day, however a large part of it has to be down to who he is, if the man keeps gettin interviewed hes going to keep cropping up.
I'm also sick of reading his views about the international rules, partly because i don't agree with him and partly because hes never done talking about it!

Quote from: longrunsthefox on April 11, 2009, 11:23:35 PM
His constant views on things GAA and sometimes non-GAA can get tedious but is a small price to pay for the success of since 2003. 

Thank you! My thoughts exactly.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

longrunsthefox

:D You're welcome. Wouldn't you just love to swap and have a manager that could deliver three All Irelands regardless of whether he talked to the papers a lot or kept his views to himself.   

RedandGreenSniper

There's only one answer to that . . .
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

orangeman

red hander

Just do what I do when Kerry Katona, Ronan Keating, Bongo, The Corrs, anyone from EastEnders, Noel Thompson, Gay Byrne, Dervla Kirwan, Emma-Louise Johnston and Denise Watson appear on my TV or in my paper ... turn over or turn the page ... or are youse buskfast merchants and inbreds too stupid to work a remote control???    ;)

Canalman

Contrast him with Brian Cody..... a man imo worth listening to.

Maguire01

Quote from: ONeill on April 11, 2009, 11:04:53 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on April 11, 2009, 11:25:56 AM
Quote from: ONeill on April 11, 2009, 01:09:48 AM
Quote from: Maguire01 on April 10, 2009, 11:41:33 PM
Mickey is definitely suffering from over exposure.

Haven't seen signs of Mickey suffering from anything.

Perhaps you mean you are suffering....??
His reputation is suffering. You might not see that.

His reputation as a what?
His reputation as a brilliant manager is staring to be overshadowed by his constant moaning.

ONeill

Really?

I judge a manager on his managerial capabilities. I judge a player on what he does on a field.

If Mickey Harte admitted he was a cannibal, it would not affect his reputation as a manager one iota. I'm surprised you buy into that redtop mindset.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Maguire01

Quote from: ONeill on April 12, 2009, 10:47:23 PM
Really?

I judge a manager on his managerial capabilities. I judge a player on what he does on a field.

If Mickey Harte admitted he was a cannibal, it would not affect his reputation as a manager one iota. I'm surprised you buy into that redtop mindset.
Redtop mindset? How so?

All i'm saying is that we all seem to be talking about Mickey in relation to his seemingly constant moaning rather than his 'day job'. This is overshadowing his considerable managerial capabilities.

tyronefan

how is him giving interviews in the press undermining all that he has achieved as a manager no matter how often he gives them

longrunsthefox

It is incredible how people write something and another person reads it as something else. I read that Maguire01 said 'it is overshadowing his managerial capabilities' and tyronefan reads that he said it 'undermines all that he has achieved as a manager.' There is quite a difference. For what it is worth when Mickey is long retired he will be remembered for what Tyrone achieved when he was manager not his views on the rules, compromise series, using Croke park, contraceptives, God...     

tyronefan

overshadowed or undermining, as long as he keeps winning AI's he can talk all he wants

tyrone exile

Quote from: longrunsthefox on April 13, 2009, 01:12:29 AM
It is incredible how people write something and another person reads it as something else. I read that Maguire01 said 'it is overshadowing his managerial capabilities' and tyronefan reads that he said it 'undermines all that he has achieved as a manager.' There is quite a difference. For what it is worth when Mickey is long retired he will be remembered for what Tyrone achieved when he was manager not his views on the rules, compromise series, using Croke park, contraceptives, God...     
His views on contraceptives could hardly be regarded as controversial considering he is a practising catholic.

Maguire01

Quote from: longrunsthefox on April 13, 2009, 01:12:29 AM
It is incredible how people write something and another person reads it as something else. I read that Maguire01 said 'it is overshadowing his managerial capabilities' and tyronefan reads that he said it 'undermines all that he has achieved as a manager.' There is quite a difference.
That's exactly what i'm saying.

To take it to an extreme, for illustrative purposes only of course, if someone was a great footballer/hurler, but committed an act of mass murder, it wouldn't undermine their playing ability, but would most likely overshadow it.