will mickey harte ever keep quiet?

Started by shamateur gaels, April 09, 2009, 01:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longrunsthefox

A more pertinent question: will Ziggysego ever keep quiet?

Leo

Harte was spreading his version of the gospel in the Irish News on Friday about removing cynical and deliberately dirty play from football..... this from the man who appoints McMeneamin as his captain!!!!!!
Fierce tame altogether

ziggysego

Quote from: longrunsthefox on April 11, 2009, 02:35:00 PM

Watch yourself!

Testing Accessibility

Oakleafer93

My problem with Harte is that he is more than happy to slabber about things if he doesn't get his way or if he feels victimised etc, but he isn't too forthright with his views on the behaviour or lack of of his pklayers, thats what people want him to explain. Maybe he has a game, whoever grabs the most balls is captain, oh Tommy Mc Guigan might be skipper when he returns from his ban.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: ziggysego on April 11, 2009, 03:12:48 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on April 11, 2009, 02:35:00 PM

Watch yourself!

I find that very upsetting Ziggy. That's our Barry. "Sadness is very close to hate," Gustave Flaubert  :'( 

Aaron Boone

He has been around nationally since 2003 and this is 7th season, so he pops up more often than most.

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: Oakleafer93 on April 11, 2009, 06:05:57 PM
My problem with Harte is that he is more than happy to slabber about things if he doesn't get his way or if he feels victimised etc, but he isn't too forthright with his views on the behaviour or lack of of his pklayers, thats what people want him to explain. Maybe he has a game, whoever grabs the most balls is captain, oh Tommy Mc Guigan might be skipper when he returns from his ban.

Yeah like Cassidy will come out and criticise his players if they dive for example. I've seen plenty of gaa managers complain in the past about things but I have never heard of any come out and criticise their own players.

under the bar

Do i get the feeling Armagh & Derry posters are somewhat sickened by Mickey Harte?  ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D

Katchit

I think everyone is bar Tyrone people  ::)

laceer

Quote from: Katchit on April 11, 2009, 08:15:08 PM
I think everyone is bar Tyrone people  ::)

To be honest, i've been thinking lately that MH and Sean Cavanagh are in the papers and on tv too much.
I don't put them down for it - they are the best at what they do so people will want to ask their opinions
Just has gone a bit overkill this past while IMHO

tyronefan

I put it down to lazy journalism    on a quiet sports day they can call Harte or Cavanagh and get a quote,  they have too much manners to tell them to f**k off

laceer

Quote from: tyronefan on April 11, 2009, 09:15:08 PM
I put it down to lazy journalism    on a quiet sports day they can call Harte or Cavanagh and get a quote,  they have too much manners to tell them to f**k off

probably true enough

ONeill

Quote from: Maguire01 on April 11, 2009, 11:25:56 AM
Quote from: ONeill on April 11, 2009, 01:09:48 AM
Quote from: Maguire01 on April 10, 2009, 11:41:33 PM
Mickey is definitely suffering from over exposure.

Haven't seen signs of Mickey suffering from anything.

Perhaps you mean you are suffering....??
His reputation is suffering. You might not see that.

His reputation as a what?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

tyrone exile

I agree that it is quite sickening seeing him in the paper every day, however a large part of it has to be down to who he is, if the man keeps gettin interviewed hes going to keep cropping up.
I'm also sick of reading his views about the international rules, partly because i don't agree with him and partly because hes never done talking about it!

longrunsthefox

His constant views on things GAA and sometimes non-GAA can get tedious but is a small price to pay for the success of since 2003.